Have you encountered an issue with the game or with your account? Let us know here.

Diego FromGameloft

Retired Community Manager

Windows Phone updates on hold

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:18 pm

The updates of Asphalt Xtreme on Windows Phone have been put on hold for an undetermined period of time. However, the game will still be updated on the desktop version of Windows. We sincerely hope to be able to come back on this platform soon, as this decision was not gladly made. Windows Phone players, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team should you have any enquiry.

Thank you so much for your support and your understanding.

The Asphalt Xtreme Team

Loner

Windows Phone

Re: Windows Phone updates on hold

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:53 pm
Well, it is pretty clear that the game isn't going to have updates anymore on WP (maybe hotfixes once in a while, who knows?). It isn't a surprise if you go backwards and see other games on Gameloft's menu. It isn't profitable. Never was. Sad forced retirement for all users of this great device.

​P.S.: This post should be moved to News and Announcements' topic.

Braaivleis

Windows PC

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 pm
It seems though Gameloft is waiting to see if Cshell will hit Windows on Phones later on in the year...

mrspidey

Windows Phone

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:24 am
My biggest issue now is that I play on both platforms with cross progress save and now I can no longer play on my phone. I just keep getting errors for anything I try and do with couldn't synchronise event.

Braaivleis

Windows PC

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:28 pm
mrspidey wrote:
My biggest issue now is that I play on both platforms with cross progress save and now I can no longer play on my phone. I just keep getting errors for anything I try and do with couldn't synchronise event.

Same here my Arachnoid friend...

D-666

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:55 pm
Well that sucks..
Just reported this as a problem via the feedback hub on Windows phone!
Welcome to the party pal! p)
no avatar

Severus_Snape

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:27 pm
'Updates on hold' 

Its clear that there ain't going to be new windows mobiles, leading to no new users. Hence no more updates on that platform.

As there ain't gonna be updates, its only fair to remove the game from windows mobile store, so no one will waste their time in a game which goes to nowhere.

"Remove Asphalt Xtreme from windows mobile store"
no avatar

BROOKLYN-B

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:34 pm
Diego FromGameloft wrote:

The updates of Asphalt Xtreme on Windows Phone have been put on hold for an undetermined period of time. However, the game will still be updated on the desktop version of Windows. We sincerely hope to be able to come back on this platform soon, as this decision was not gladly made. Windows Phone players, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team should you have any enquiry.

Thank you so much for your support and your understanding.

The Asphalt Xtreme Team

The German customer service is shitty.I can no longer change my oil with my Mitsubishi and therefore not use the car.
Multiple inquiries remain unanswered and the German customer service takes care of a mess around this problem.
I am very angry .... to puke! Image
Who can and wants to fix it?

D-666

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Sadly I agree, as time goes on more and more events are going to based on an update that we Windows Phone users will not get... So what is the point on having the app avalible in the store?

Unless GL change thier minds (only time will tell!), Windows phone users will not be able to play. And this could be the trend going forward eventually other GL games may be affected by this.
Welcome to the party pal! p)

Loner

Windows Phone

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:21 pm
D-666 wrote:

Sadly I agree, as time goes on more and more events are going to based on an update that we Windows Phone users will not get... So what is the point on having the app avalible in the store?

Unless GL change thier minds (only time will tell!), Windows phone users will not be able to play. And this could be the trend going forward eventually other GL games may be affected by this.

They will not remove the game from store. For example, Spider-Man Unlimited (Gameloft's game) is abandoned for Windows Phone platform since 2015, and it still on store. They have this premise of "holding up" the updates, but in fact the game is officially abandoned.

​I suggest everybody that knows the situation contact the store, even if it doesn't make any effect.