Something interesting to share? Come on in!
no avatar

Ev4ng3lion

Lv 70 Legendary Crafting Issues

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:02 pm
Just quick question

Is it possible to reach 600/600 without using slabs?

I saw a guy make a post on global saying that he was stuck at 595/600, which really sucks, being just short of max level. From the way he said it, it seemed like he got the “this business skill cannot be levelled further” message, which prevented him to go further.

The last recipe for the mages/monk is the powerful flax robe, which starts at level 580. If each recipe gives 15 level, as most recipes now do, 580+15=595, bringing you just short of max level.

WTF IS THIS FOR REAL?? GL is so hungry for money that they force us to buy slabs in order to reach max crafting? The max level for crafting is so essential for those who want T3, and it seems GL screwed us over by making us just short. Why?? Why do this to your playerbase GL?? Not to mention they made us spend money on other things. I hope this wasn’t the “good change” that they wanted to add to crafting.

Is this for real or is this a glitch? Maybe the last recipe gives 20 levels instead of 15… Whats going on here?
no avatar

RottenFace

Re: Lv 70 Legendary Crafting Issues

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 pm
I had the worst time crafting after an update last year that skipped points constantly and in the end had to buy a bunch of essence of god and craft epics to get the last 12 points. I doubt I'm gonna craft for the last 100 points and just use runes. It was far too horrific last time, generals symbols were being camped by complete dicks and were being sold for up to 280g I was seeing them in AH for.

What symbols do we need for crafting this time, am I gonna have to camp EK again?
On AF with my main but doing one back to OM Euro ASAP.

•Båphømet• Mage
•?pøs• Archer
•Azåz??• Mili
•Ašmøde?s• Healer
•Bålååm• Tank
no avatar

Ev4ng3lion

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:45 pm
RottenFace wrote:
I had the worst time crafting after an update last year that skipped points constantly and in the end had to buy a bunch of essence of god and craft epics to get the last 12 points. I doubt I'm gonna craft for the last 100 points and just use runes. It was far too horrific last time, generals symbols were being camped by complete dicks and were being sold for up to 280g I was seeing them in AH for.

What symbols do we need for crafting this time, am I gonna have to camp EK again?

Crafting is a bit more complicated this time. I am only 556/600 so I don't know the full story, but to my extent of knowledge,

There are runes that are dropped by random mobs. These are the Exquisite Rune (Green), the Purified Rune (Yellow), and the Powerful Rune (Red). I might have the colors mixed up.

Each profession needs the basic materials. Lets take garment for example.

I need the basic cloth, armor, scraps, and yarn in order to make something. However, to get the basic cloth, you have to make the basic cloth, and this is where it gets complicated.

There are three types of cloth, Exquisite Magic Silk, Purified Magic Silk, and Powerful Magic Silk, available at 500/600. To make these silks, players must collect the raw material, Magic Silk, and the rune of their choice, exquisite, purified, or powerful. There's a recipe already available for the combining of the Magic Silk in order to turn them into Rune Magic Silk.

Lets say you want Powerful Magic Silk to make something that requires it. You take a Powerful Rune dropped by mobs, the required amount of Magic Silk dropped by mobs, go to your spellbook, hit the crafting icon, select Legendary, and choose the Powerful Magic Silk. Your character will produce a Powerful Magic Silk. Then you buy a recipe that says Poweful Magic Silk shoes, gather some silver yarn, and some armor scraps, and your character will produce the shoes.

Materials are very pricey. No symbols required so far, and I really hope we don't need symbols.

TLDR: Crafting got a bit more complicated, no symbols required for me so far.
no avatar

WIZWIZWIZ

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:04 am
Ev4ng3lion wrote:
Just quick question

I saw a guy make a post on global saying that he was stuck at 595/600, which really sucks, being just short of max level. From the way he said it, it seemed like he got the “this business skill cannot be levelled further” message, which prevented him to go further.

The last recipe for the mages/monk is the powerful flax robe, which starts at level 580. If each recipe gives 15 level, as most recipes now do, 580+15=595, bringing you just short of max level.

WTF IS THIS FOR REAL?? GL is so hungry for money that they force us to buy slabs in order to reach max crafting? The max level for crafting is so essential for those who want T3, and it seems GL screwed us over by making us just short. Why?? Why do this to your playerbase GL?? Not to mention they made us spend money on other things. I hope this wasn’t the “good change” that they wanted to add to crafting.

Is this for real or is this a glitch? Maybe the last recipe gives 20 levels instead of 15… Whats going on here?

Yes, it is possible to reach 600/600 without using a slab I reached 600/600 on my ranger with no problems, it just cost me a lot of gold because I didn't wanna farm.
no avatar

ErikkirE

Veteran

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:44 am
WIZWIZWIZ wrote:
Ev4ng3lion wrote:
Just quick question

Yes, it is possible to reach 600/600 without using a slab I reached 600/600 on my ranger with no problems, it just cost me a lot of gold because I didn't wanna farm.

You can also buy a 590 level crafting item for leather. My guess is it might be broken at 595 for Tailoring. This wouldn't surprise me as GL is known for half-assing everything and not checking their work. But I wouldn't be surprised even further if they didn't make something like crafting only accomplishable by paying RL money to complete. This game is becoming a pay to win game.
no avatar

Wylie95

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:52 am
It sucks for warriors the ore is very scarce. I'm guessing some may get stuck because of the crafting I'd essence of god which we cannot do until the world bosses show up to drop the fragments you need.
no avatar

ErikkirE

Veteran

Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:01 am
99Problems wrote:
It sucks for warriors the ore is very scarce. I'm guessing some may get stuck because of the crafting I'd essence of god which we cannot do until the world bosses show up to drop the fragments you need.

Yea, warriors have always got the shaft for crafting. Especially this new crafting method. Ore is the only resource which you can't really just farm quickly by killing a lot of stuff. GL needed to balance it out by requiring less ore compared to mats for other professions, but they never did. All of the formulas for new crafting across the board take the same # of mats. Which isn't really balanced. Tailoring being easiest should require more mats than leather or blacksmith, and blacksmith should take the least since ore has respawn time on it. I'm not for increasing the mats needed in tailoring, but decreasing amount needed for other professions.
no avatar

Kryn

Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:57 am
Tailoring is not the easiest :/ Fur drops way more than Magic silk.
no avatar

§levin

Veteran

Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:01 am
Kryn wrote:
Tailoring is not the easiest :/ Fur drops way more than Magic silk.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure tailoring is the only one in which you don't need armor scraps, so it's pretty much half the mats
Idk for sure if leather craft needs armor scraps but I'm fairly certain it does
§levin - level 70 monk
no avatar

Malikules

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 am
I crafted the whole way on my monk, its not too bad actually.

When u reach 595 only 1 of the robes u are able to craft will give u points. So just buy another robe recipe and u are good to go, they still give 1 point each. So just craft 5 of the ones that give u points.

For monks that is the mili robe!
Monkiman - 6/6t2+2/4 Mili/ 2/6t2+4/4 Heal lava hammer+blood robe
Monkiboy - 6/6 t2+4/4Assa legend dagger/ 6/6 t1 archer
Monkibæst -  2/6t2+4/4 dw dps tank
Monkimagic - 6/6 t1Mage
Samsoe guild OM Europe - http://samsoe.guildportal.com/