Something interesting to share? Come on in!
no avatar

Teaweasel

Veteran

Re: Hacking issues

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:26 am
I really hope you forward that info that Writeratlarge delved into to the people who need to see it.

It's definately true that so many of those issues are not directly in Gameloft's hands, but the non-presence, the non-used or barely used infrastructure to ban Hackers or Scammers or Hacking and Scamming UDID's, all the things discussed including the proxy servers discussed toward the end of the episode. And lol the gameloftlive.com FUBAR situation.

I really hope it all gets forwarded to your team.

Right now, the gamer's need information distributed to them better

Possible Ways

1> In Game Server MOTD (Message of the Day)

Allow daily or weekly information to appear on either the Loading screen or the chat box or both upon log in. Let that info contain quick snippets of educational things like GameLoft will never ask for your account name or password or GameLoft has no current in game GM's or moderation, although it will be coming in future patches, don't be fooled

Give inexperienced gamers to MMO's a fighting chance to protect themselves. Right now by doing nothing yer helping to herd this scam-lambs to the slaughter.

2). If the MP podcast is too slanted againt GameLoft or sarcastic at times with Gamer exhaustion, make your own podcast crew do a quick 5-10 minute video or audio about how to protect your gamers, and link it on the OPTIONS > HELP menu to serve as gamer help.

3). Push-Notifications: You send them out for dungeons, and hair cuts and all sorts of $ making propaganda, why not send out a Attention Gamer: Steps to protect yourself from Harm. As a big company I can see GameLoft thinking only of the P/L and Appearances, not truly arming people with how to protect themselves. But if you think my message will lose you money, make the kind of bland non-rocking the money boat message. But do it to help people know that info is out there on forums if nothing else.

4). Make a newbie forum. Like just a FAQ forum, without posts, just read only and make a security post the first question and answer. Link THAT to the options menu. Make it seperate from this forum and let other questions be asked here, but newb questions be all funneled there. Use posts already written by posters on these forums under guides to help you flush that out.

5) Since you already have an in-game Newb Help with Hints put a Hint up for security and make it detailed with links to more information. Make the security Hint the first one you see

Right now your entire game and player base is suffering from a lack of information for the players, and a coordinated community of scammers, phishers, fakers, and finally hackers all working to liquify people's Capitol.

I personally believe that you guys need to do more Mary and I feel like yer failing at it.
no avatar

OxfordDon

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:55 am
Great, informative podcast.

I, for one, would have more confidence in GL if I knew that the relevant managers listened to the podcast, and perhaps even took some of it to heart.

As for informing the player base I'd say notifications might be effective, they're certainly proving tricky to turn off.
no avatar

edde333

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:15 pm
When is this fix coming out for Android?
Geran - 60 Warrior
Guild: PwnStars
America - Arcadian Forest Server
Android - FTW

Make it **** proof and someone will make a better ****.
no avatar

Teaweasel

Veteran

Re: Security issues

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:22 am
Lol. Mary?

I hope listening to the podcast didn't bring on cardiac arrest. Hope yer ok.
no avatar

OxfordDon

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:41 am
Teaweasel wrote:

Lol. Mary?

I hope listening to the podcast didn't bring on cardiac arrest. Hope yer ok.

She came, she saw, she pacified, she left ...

@Mary, you need to return!

The AF swamp is claiming more bodies, migration to AF is on indefinite timeout, Glimmermore server is on the fritz, and the glitched players are still waiting (80 days and counting) to get their toons back.

Time for heroic action?
no avatar

LucyLucy

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:15 pm
Mary, of late,

There are now videos on YouTube asking people to upload a file called "profile.sav" to a website http://hack.oncaccounts.net.

The contents of profile.sav contains the login + password stored in plain-text.
Why is Order and Chaos storing the login and password information in plain-text on the Android and iOS devices?
no avatar

Shadowmage™

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:20 pm
Im haveing alot of trobble with my account and no matter how.meny time.i change my password it still says please enter correct password iv now changed my pass over 5 times how long dose it roughly take to get sorted because il be loseing out on 3 lvl 60s but this only happened since this.new update iv now had this trobble
no avatar

Ddeschenne

Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:24 pm
I was told that the new update would prevent hacking from that point forward, but I was hacked on THREE SEPARATE ACCOUNTS on the same day on 12/29/11. I have emailed GL repeatedly, every day since 12/30 and they have not even had the most basic decency to acknowledge receipt of the emails! I have screenshots of much of my inventory, including gold, as the spat of hacking made keeping records a wise idea. I have been the most prolific farmer/seller and master crafter on our entire server, spending thousands, literally, on runes, and yet GL does not value my business enough to resolve the matter.

The level of glitches, defects, and security lapses in this game are ridiculous, but the complete lack of customer service when we report issues or have been hacked is absolutely offensive. FIX IT AND RETURN MY ITEMS. NOW!
no avatar

Skuller

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:15 pm
Thousands of dollars? Geez thats some serious hyperbolly there mate. If ur legit then my advice would be go back in time and stop yourself installing onc and spend your thousands of dollars getting a car or going to uni
no avatar

E55

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:53 pm
My friend get banned coz he buy alot of runes more then 6500 runes and they banned him whyy ??? He was old old player he was 60 befor RKL
E55 archer