Something interesting to share? Come on in!
no avatar

Apaq

Re: Hacking issues

Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:25 am
Mary,

How is this affecting Android? Is this a huge issue for us too? will the next update happen faster this time for Android because of the security issues (I sure hope so, **** that we are always thought of after the fact.)?

Mary fromGameloft

Veteran

Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:32 am
Ok, back for OxfordDon.

After talking with the Dev teams, they didn't feel confortable to share more information about how exactly we will encrypt the server, so that we don't have issues later on, in case someone could use that information to start hacking again. :)
Find the answers to most of our known issues using the support website:

http://support.gameloft.com
no avatar
User

UKINiNAM

Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:36 am
we'll this is to late for me now i was hack for what reason idk! last night was working and today when i log in it says invalid password so how am i going to fix this problem although the username is still the same but different password! i hope you guys can help me on this one! i have one reason being hack the only reason is some rare items on my monk!
no avatar

Viktoria

Veteran

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:50 pm
I'm going after three new leads on the last hackings and I have got some idea how it was done. I can't and won't say how it was done since it will cause another scare on the forum. But I will post prevention techniques (for end-users) how to prevent their accounts from getting hacked.

igloo, I want to make some correction. Even if say you have e-mail SMTH@yahoo.com and your gameloft live username would be SMTH as well, that is not enough information for anyone to hack your account. Unless the hacker guesses that your password is also SMTH.

We appreciate your huge help, but I need to correct it to avoid the situation: even if they know your Gameloft Live username it is not a guarantee that they can hack your account.
Please remember that every time you use your Gameloft Live Account in an unofficial site or application, you are giving the site owners access to your account!

Gameloft will never ask for your account password!
no avatar

GeNoCiDe

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:04 pm
Viktoria wrote:
I'm going after three new leads on the last hackings and I have got some idea how it was done. I can't and won't say how it was done since it will cause another scare on the forum. But I will post prevention techniques (for end-users) how to prevent their accounts from getting hacked.

igloo, I want to make some correction. Even if say you have e-mail SMTH@yahoo.com and your gameloft live username would be SMTH as well, that is not enough information for anyone to hack your account. Unless the hacker guesses that your password is also SMTH.

We appreciate your huge help, but I need to correct it to avoid the situation: even if they know your Gameloft Live username it is not a guarantee that they can hack your account.

Thanks, Viktoria, for sharing your thoughts with our community and with us. I hope that they turn to be useful and our Devs will take them into consideration! ;)
Arkan's Field (Asia)
---------------------------
GeNoCiDe - Lvl 60 Guardian Warrior
Cyborg - Lvl 60 Divine Monk
GeNo's_Milf - Lvl 60 Hybrid Mage
Exiled - Lvl 40 Archer
no avatar

Teaweasel

Veteran

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:17 pm
Wow.

This is tremendously ironic.

No one understands what Igloo is saying. But that's because all of the content that igloo has posted has been moderated and removed from the boards. So you can't look back at his points on how hacking works, because you guys removed them all.

But now, after igloo has repeatedly told you all how it works, you can't understand him in this context because you removed the knowledge he posted.

That's priceless, if it wasn't so freaking sad.
no avatar

GeNoCiDe

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:42 pm
Teaweasel wrote:

Wow.

This is tremendously ironic.

No one understands what Igloo is saying. But that's because all of the content that igloo has posted has been moderated and removed from the boards. So you can't look back at his points on how hacking works, because you guys removed them all.

But now, after igloo has repeatedly told you all how it works, you can't understand him in this context because you removed the knowledge he posted.

That's priceless, if it wasn't so freaking sad.

Oh they have they information he posted all right, He sent out a pm to at least Obykan with details.
Viktoria as usual is posting without having a single damned clue what she is talking about, or in this case not having a single clue that igloo knows exactly what he is talking about.
I vote sacking all the mods and cloning Mary like 5 times.
Arkan's Field (Asia)
---------------------------
GeNoCiDe - Lvl 60 Guardian Warrior
Cyborg - Lvl 60 Divine Monk
GeNo's_Milf - Lvl 60 Hybrid Mage
Exiled - Lvl 40 Archer
no avatar
User

Chaix

Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:06 pm
Viktoria,

Your reply on this thread? Really? A vast majority of us already know about ******* sniffers, which I never had a clue about till I played this game. Maybe you should do some research on it and I'm sure you will find out different than you state. The part about even if they know your GL username is not a guarantee that they can hack your account. Also, the example about the email and username and ofc the what would be obvious password, if I even gave any one of my accounts that type of low security I would of deserved to be hacked!

I know some people that literally fought hacker for their account such as myself. Some of us that during this fight, hacker changed the password. We retrieved password before hacker could change username-email. Then changed all account info but within 10 minutes hacker already had all the new info and stole their accounts. This also can be found in 'hacked' section also.

Can someone put Mary back on the phone plzzzz
no avatar

OxfordDon

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:55 pm
Mary fromGameloft wrote:
Ok, back for OxfordDon.

After talking with the Dev teams, they didn't feel confortable to share more information about how exactly we will encrypt the server, so that we don't have issues later on, in case someone could use that information to start hacking again. :)

Thanks for the, uh, reply. One could almost take that as meaning you are not going to encrypt *all* game - server communication.

Fair enough, you shouldn't go into the specifics for the hackers.

You only need to confirm that *all* network traffic will be secure - not merely the login (which is probably the least of the problem). Even banking sites are happy to advertise the fact that they use SSL, knowing that does not aid a hacker at all, it's a deterrent if anything. Protection through obscurity is false security, you should be able to detail a decent security mechanism and still not have it broken. However that is not what I was asking for, just a confirmation that some form of packet encryption will be used throughout.

Yes / No?

Mary fromGameloft

Veteran

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:19 am
Guys, don't be rude and stop picking on Viky.

She's just trying to help.

@Tea.

Well, you are a bit wrong, there... You can't look at it. We can. ;)

@GeNo.

I appreciate the support, but really now. No need to offend anyone. In the end, Viky is trying to do what I do, and what everyone else is trying to do. Witch is HELP you people. So snap back with mean comments like that are not appreciated.

@Chaix.

Do you know how many people use the word password for their passwords?

And we're not talking about specific cases. But, take it like this. When a cop comes around your area, he dosn't think that's common sense to lock your door before you leave your home to prevend getting robbed. No, he will still tell you, because that's his job. Even if that information is useless to you, he, and in this case, Viky, has to say it so she has all the basis covered.

Again. Mean comments aren't appreciated.

@OxfordDon

Mate, I understand your point. But, take it with the Devs. :) ) They are extremly paranoid this days. :P And they have a good reason to, aswell. :)
Find the answers to most of our known issues using the support website:

http://support.gameloft.com