Something interesting to share? Come on in!
no avatar

psycholyzern

Re: Report a Bot

Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:05 am
Fabolous wrote:
Quick question...How would I know if someone's using a bot or not? If someone's on 24/7 farming that means I'd have to be on 24/7 watching them lol I don't get how to tell if it's a real person or a bot behind the character.

It must be hard work trying to catch all these people botting, the only way I can think to tackle this is to put a fatigue status in the game so we can only farm for a certain amount of time cuz legit players aren't gunna spend 24 hours a day online. This could be tough on the legit players though but atleast everyone will be in the same boat, but in life the bad people always spoil it for the good people

Fabolous wrote:
Quick question...How would I know if someone's using a bot or not? If someone's on 24/7 farming that means I'd have to be on 24/7 watching them lol I don't get how to tell if it's a real person or a bot behind the character.

It must be hard work trying to catch all these people botting, the only way I can think to tackle this is to put a fatigue status in the game so we can only farm for a certain amount of time cuz legit players aren't gunna spend 24 hours a day online. This could be tough on the legit players though but atleast everyone will be in the same boat, but in life the bad people always spoil it for the good people

There are some patterns you can monitor on them. Like.bots that I saw, they are using milli monk and wore low gear. 
  - I whispered to them, they wont reply. I invited them to team, they dont accept nor refuse, but they still killing the mobs.I asked for a battle, they doesnt respond, still they killing the mobs.
  - They doesnt jump nor avoid obstacle. They just running until they passed(sliding over the obstacle) and reach the mobs.
  - Sometimes they didnt kill the mobs. They attacked the mobs but the mobs doesnt die, they keep running to another mobs and previous mob chasing them.
  - They dont have emotion. If you kill their mobs, they dont do anything. They just keep running and kill next mob. I have tried this ober half an hour, I killed all mobs they try to reach but they doesnt even care.
  - They restore their hp at a certain time. You can count on how many mobs they killed until they restored their hp.
  - They online most of the time. Believe me, I have seen many mobs that online everytime I online. I always wandering around the frostlund for gold farming. And everytime I passed some places, I can see they keep faeming without stop. They have consistent pattern too.

These are some signs that I know (I forgot some). The behaviour may changed according to specific bots.
no avatar

pennyworth

Sat May 21, 2016 10:13 pm
Hi,

I'm reporting a bot user. The user in question is using a bot to auto hunt in the Village of Grove. This user just attacks the mob I'm hunting and no replies when I question his/her intention. Clearly the toon is programmed to atutomatically attack mob(s) that are close to him/her. This user can be found almost 24/7 (usually around 2:00pm eastern standard time) at "Village of Grove" in Eternal Frostlund. Below is the user's information. Thanks.

Username: 【葉小釵】
Platform: Android
Server: Forgotten Valley (Asian server)
Guild: ☆天下☆
Proof: Please see my description above.

Regards,
no avatar

Kelly_Lima

Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:16 am
Name: Is 5 char, but only one people
Plataform: Android
Server: Arcadian Forest
Link: https://youtu.be/yFNLLDsPC40
no avatar

aka_gfy_gl

Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:15 am
Jis has been using bots since he started and probably has been reported more than any other bot user...Never banned. This thread is a complete waste os space and time.

Ana FromGameloft

Community Manager

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:27 pm
Hi!

@Kelly_Lima, we're not able to view the video, unfortunately. Could you please add screenshots next time?
@aka_gfy_gl, please give us more details about platform used, server, guild, any proof or screenshot to be added here..

Thanks!!!
no avatar

aka_gfy_gl

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:47 pm
Ana, I not only have screeshots but I also have a petition signed by over 60 players to have just one player banned. This user also have publically accessible youtube videos clearly violating Gamelofts ToS. Sure, Ill give you the information you seek but in 3 years ive been playing this guys has never been banned a single day.
no avatar

Kelly_Lima

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:35 pm
Name: ♡Tina♡
Server: Arcadian forest
plataform: Android

Flood in global chat
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-07-03-20-48-55.png
Screenshot_2016-07-03-20-48-55.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 708 times