Something interesting to share? Come on in!

Gomo

Apple (iOS)

My experience with OaC over the years

Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:03 am
I am so glad to have played this game when I did, I had so much fun playing it in it's early days. It taught me what an actual MMO was like, and should be like. I met so many people and the close-server communities where you actually knew everyone made it great. This was actually the very first MMO I ever played, and I did not know that the game was so fantastic and impressive for it's time because I had nothing else to compare it to. I guess there must have been some real good developers that cared about the game early on and really had a vision for it, because damn was this the best game that was ever released that I have ever played in my life in (atleast in 2011-2012). There was active world pvp, vega square in whispering islands was slam packed with people respawning and running back into the death cespool pit of people that were there. There were guilds, and friendships built, people hanging out in the main capital dueling for hours or even DAYS. If I could go back I would in a heartbeat, I didn't know it wasn't going to last. I am actually impressed how great this game used to be compared to how trashy it became. I don't know if a game like classic OaC will ever come out again, the massive trend of MTX has ruined gaming and instead turned it into a monopoly of how can we get money rather than how can we make the experience great for customers, which is sad. Maybe one day people will start catching on again, (maybe with VR?) and create an mmo (on mobile) where you can actually play and feel accomplished, have a variety of abilities that take skill to execute in pvp, an mmo with talents and customization, not autoplay. The modern trend of always feeling like you need to buy stuff or being forced into losing is really sickening.It was actually the saddest thing in the world to watch OaC inevitably decay over the years into a pile of trash, but there isn't really any going back at this point, but I can say my experience with order and chaos has left me longing for another chance at a game like it. The close-knitted server community, people grinded for things, you feel accomplished, meet friends, have good pvp, farm pve endlessy, etc. I really miss what this game used to be, and don't really have anyone else to tell or anywhere else to type this, so It's just happening here where maybe some people might be able to relate. I actually think about this game so much even though I haven't touched it for years. I actually do keep in touch with some people I have never met in real life, just solely played this game with for years.  If I was rich I would definitely spend money making a game similar to my experience with OaC.

end of thoughts
no avatar

Monk_Forever 1

Apple (iOS)

Game loft is not taking care about game since 2017. So many bugs are in the game including the possibility to trigger server synchronization by any player in the game who knows how to do it. So many reports sent from my guild only didn’t pushed Game Loft to fix the problems. I believe they just keep to non support behavior for the reason. Bugs allow people to use it to make game more easy. Periodically, game loft just ban them for that. No other activity is observed since 2017! Just for your understanding: there are many servers; thousands players were on each server 3-4 years ago. Now, on the 2 x most active servers only 20-30 people can be online maximum. I believe GL wanna close the game and this is a reason why they don’t care about game anymore. I hate GL from now and can’t recommend to download their games anymore since such behavior present not only in this game. Last time they banned many people who even didn’t played game for a while.
no avatar

Nicestt215

Google Play (Android)

I'm a old school ppl I been playing OaC for a Long been on multi Servers....imo OaC was the only mobile MMO game that could not only Hang with a console game(ps3,4 Xbox etc)but even had a better experience us old school ppls know how creative GL was when it came to content (mount races regular races Amusement park etc) the new school ppls(post 2016) y'all don't even know the experience (pre 2016) it's sad how far the game has fell off with all the hacks dup's etc...and with NO update in 2+ years you know what's crazy we still have dedicated ppls who still log on and even spend money( I know I'm one of them ppls) and it's still many of us out there .,...you would think GL would be like dam this is messing are money up we need to fix the issues going on BUT nope... I'm writing this as day2 of the community not being able log on to the game AT LEAST back in the day GL would give as updates on what's going on with Servers that are down on there forum ...we don't even get that no more Again it's really a shame
no avatar

DaddieLongLegs

Google Play (Android)

Re: My experience with OaC over the years

Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:44 pm
I am hoping for one day, they release a fresh server. Preferably 2011-2014. Those were the glory days. Farming mzl agl and arena, open world pvp at arkans field and vega square. There was a lrivate server for a few months buut it died out quick for some reason. Was t4 but it was still fun. They would make bank if they re released the game from an earlier patch. Hopefully they do it and add vanities for there little cash grab instead of rerolls and gem lotto. R.I.P. OaC.