no avatar

Minion 1638

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

You don’t even need the League for banana collecting. That you can also do in the normal rooms and choose your favorite location (out of only 4).

@Minion 2590 I don’t know why you still think that the running speed would be fixed? It seems to be a feature of the new version of the game. Nothing which will be fixed in any future updates.
no avatar

bigdaddy2

Apple (iOS)

Minion 1638 wrote:
@Minion 2590 I don’t know why you still think that the running speed would be fixed? It seems to be a feature of the new version of the game. Nothing which will be fixed in any future updates.

Because hope dies last! It is not bad from time to time to remind Gameloft that we still hate it.
We all know that it wouldn't be fixed, because otherwise they would create the endless running game.
Red zones were better, IMHO.

RepleteLight

Apple (iOS)

Minion 2590 wrote:
Maybe they'll add more leagues when the running speed is fixed? I have no clue. I'd also like to be able to submit scores without throwing out an auto-revive (Quitting a run cancels the score). If it weren't for this, I would be in the Sly League and have at least 60 revives now!

I also find it annoying that your league score is not submitted after exiting a run. I have not even bothered running in the league over the last two weeks, since  I am getting millions of bananas from running in the SM.

I agree with Minion 1638 that you should sadly not expect any further changes to the running speed. The latest change was GL's fix to the running speed, as they only announced fixes before that change and not after. However, I would also not call it a fix at all, as GL increased the difficulty on almost every objective to "balance" the slight speed change.
RUNNING SINCE 2014    
Wasting too many tokens on pods since 2016

Minion 2590

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

bigdaddy2:
As one of the few players who liked having red zones in the game, I want to have red zones in exchange for the unplayably fast running speed because red zones give ample difficulty spikes and don't forcibly end your game. 

RepleteLight:
What annoys me most about the running speed is that it should be a trivial fix. The developers just need to find the maximum running speed from the Jelly Lab and set it into a function that takes in the JL max speed and the formula that determines your running speed. This function would then return the lower of the two and set that as the running speed.

For those who know computer programming, the pseudocode may look like this: 
runningSpeed = min(JLmaximumSpeed, /* runningSpeedFormula */);
where JLmaximumSpeed is an unchanging value and /* runningSpeedFormula */ actually contains the formula that calculates your running speed.
I hoard revives despite all the drawbacks. As of right now, I have more than 300 revives!
Best bananas without doubling: 1,004,144

moonset667

Google Play (Android)

As one of the few player that like the running speed, I hope they don't change it. It makes the runs much shorter and even with this speed most of the time I can get the three stars.
I don't want back the old times, where you can run infinitly even with red zones. I remember the old events, where you have to run 45 minutes to get rank 20 or better for 40 tokens. I don't need this anymore.
no avatar

kaiser802

Apple (iOS)

the speed reaches nearly light speed after a short time.. this is nonsesnce and unacceptable.. i want neighter light speed nor red zones.. it is already started to be very difficult to collect 3 stars without revive.. i cant imagine what will happen in high ranks..

Shaunner

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

different people suffer the speed problem differently. those who say it is no big deal don't have it bad and can't relate

Astrowizkid

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

When players complain so much about something and suddenly want it back because something worse was introduced…

Maybe cap it a little higher than Jelly Lab and pre-Jelly Lab levels, but not infinite or as high as it is now?
If you question the meaning of anything, you are a philosopher.

Minion 2590

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

It's an infinite runner. The accelerating-into-infinity running speed contradicts that because the game is forcibly ending your runs. It gets to the point where it's not humanly possible to play with the speed. 

The rocket shouldn't be slower than running.
I shouldn't have to jump constantly to make the game playable.
The speeders shouldn't slow down the Minion.
I shouldn't be forced to crash into an obstacle because I fly off a slide too quickly, and the game doesn't let me jump or roll until it's too late.
A two-frame lag spike shouldn't be all that it takes to end the game.
Sideways-view runs shouldn't become a guessing game.
Side-punchers shouldn't fling you into obstacles. Even at maximum Jelly Lab speed, this one is a major problem.
I hoard revives despite all the drawbacks. As of right now, I have more than 300 revives!
Best bananas without doubling: 1,004,144

bigxkahuna

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Nicely said @2590
bigX