Natalia FromGameloft

Retired Community Manager

Hi guys,

I've raised your concerns about these costumes to the devs and here are their responses:

Ghost vs Snowboarder: "The main difference is that Ghost uses Shield and is Epic, so you can be shielded most of the time while you are doing the jumps. Plus, there are advanced missions of "Jump over while you use the Shield", but there are no missions of "Jump over while you use the Freezeray."

Minionaire vs Jogger (or Tourist): "There is a not so small difference between them: with Jogger using Shield and being Common, you need to be very good at high speeds to not die. But with Minionare, being Evil Minion and Epic, most of the time you will be accumulating time being invincible, without even needing to avoid obstacles. Sometimes you can easily link 2 or even 3 Evil Minions and relax looking how the seconds are accumulating while you break through the obstacles.
Plus, notice that Evil Minion speed is always the same, it doesn't increase while you are using it."

However, the devs have told me that they'll take your feedback into consideration to try and improve costume skills in the future.

Thanks,

Natalia.

Wozer

Google Play (Android)

Thanks for raising the issue with the devs, Natalia! I disagree with them that 44s of shield (Ghost) is better than 26s of freezeray (Snowboarder) because the shield only protects against one hit and the freezeray against any hit. For jumps with shield I use Ninja whose shield also protects against any hit and whose cards are much more available in the daily challenges! 
I agree that Minionaire is better than Jogger because of the 44s of serum, but still this is too small an advantage to justify Minionaires expensive cards and poor availability.  

Every player will have his own preferences and opinions about this, but I think it goes against the concept of the game that part of the players (like me) have too small an incentive to gather certain epic cards. Epic costumes should have an undebatable clear advantage over common and rare costumes. For example: I am not buying fevers and I am not finishing the last stage of the current special mission only because the Ghost cards are worthless to me.
no avatar

bigdaddy2

Apple (iOS)

NATALIA, these are very good explanations, although I don't agree with them.
Please, let the Dev team explain the following:
- Worker and Soccer Fan - why do we have two Epic costumes with the same skill, one being 100%, and other being 200%?
- Bride of Frankenstein is an Epic costume with a skill "300% Despicable actions while using the Evil minion", and yet there is NO mission in which it is required to do despicable actions while using Evil minion?
- the same is true for Starfish, Carnival Jerry, Mom, Quarterback
- there are two Epic costumes - Ninja and Ghost - with no real use in missions, why?
- missions such as "collect bananas while using freeze ray" come regularly at lower levels, but the cards for Beehive Carl start appearing only after level 29, why?
- on the other end, the cards for Prisoner and similar costumes (reduce penalty time) come regularly, yet there are no such missions available?
- when will we get the adequate costume for "Meters on the Moon" missions, "Pick up items" missions, "Smash minions" missions, "Smash objects in XXL" missions etc.?

I was thinking that it would be great if the missions were connected with the reward cards, in a way that e.g. if the mission is to "collect the bananas with freeze ray" then at least one of the rewards should be Beehive Carl cards, or if the mission is "stars on the moon", then cards should be Astronaut, Santa carl etc. - the cards that are in some way connected with the mission that was finished. I think that way the cards collected could be more relevant for the current and future missions.

Wozer

Google Play (Android)

Natalia, I would like to add to the discussion Ghost/Snowboarder-Minionaier/Jogger the following:

In my experience the game speeds up faster when you pick up a powerup. Also, the longer a powerup lasts, the more the speed increases. I have no way to be 100% certain that this is the case. Maybe you can ask the devs to confirm if this is indeed the case or if it is just how it feels to me (so question is: does picking up powerups and duration of picked up powerups influence game speed?). 

If it is true that the game speed increases more because of running with power ups, than the things proposed by the devs are unwise:
"The main difference is that Ghost uses Shield and is Epic, so you can be shielded most of the time while you are doing the jumps..."
"...Sometimes you can easily link 2 or even 3 Evil Minions and relax looking how the seconds are accumulating while you break through the obstacles."

We would be trading protection in the first part of the run for having an extra increased game speed towards the end of the run. This is a bad tradeoff. Currently when I run with Snowboarder for jumps, I only pickup the freezeray towards the end of the run. The protection early in the run is not worth the incresed game speed later in the run.
Plus, notice that Evil Minion speed is always the same, it doesn't increase while you are using it."

Yes, but this only states the speed while being Evil. Question now is if picking up the serum influences game speed when not being evil. 

If my experience of increased game speed is correct, this would contradict the devs' assumed benefit of Ghost and Minionaire.

LaurieW

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Bigdaddy2, I do not understand how you have not found missions for Ghost.  The daily challenges have jump overs, the Quest rooms have jump overs, and rooms 1-4 have jump overs.  Ghost is one of my frequently used costumes. 

Some players use Ninja for near misses.  It would also be good for rush avoidance missions.

The Worker and Soccer fan issue has already been discussed.  Changing costume skills would be unfair to players at this point.  I still receive Skater cards even though Spy is better. I am not going to ask for Skater's skill to be changed.
no avatar

bigdaddy2

Apple (iOS)

OK it was my mistake about Ghost and Ninja. You (and Natalia) can ignore that line.
I am still waiting for the rest of explanations, from the Dev Team.
no avatar

cubek

Apple (iOS)

I’ve at least used Quarterback and Starfish, not quite sure about Mom, but still, I guess such missions are just rare instead of nonexistent.

Bride of Frank is great for general DA missions.

Pick-up missions are specifically dealt by spawn rate costumes.
GL hurt me so hard.

Wozer

Google Play (Android)

With the latest update Ghost has been adjusted. His bonus is now not only for jump overs, but also for slide unders. So apart from powerup, he is now exactly the same as Snowboarder. I suppose the devs did in the end agree that Ghost was too weak. 

For players that had an upgraded Ghost before the celebration update, this is good news. They don't need Snowboarder anymore for the slide unders and they can just strive to upgrade Ghost to max level. For players who didnt have Ghost before and for new players nothing has really changed. Snowboarder is still a safer bet to get upgrades fast and get the biggest bonus for jumps and slide unders. Although Ghost is an Epic costume, at max level he has exactly the same bonus as the common costume Snowboarder :???: . In a previous post I explained that the fact that Ghost has shield longer than Snowboarder has freezeray doesn't change that (running with powerups speeds the game up and therefore it is unwise if the mission doesn't require the powerup). 

In other words: the adjustment is not enough. I'll say again that the bonus of Ghost needs to be increased in order for players that didnt have him before the celebration update to have an incentive to spend tokens in special missions to collect his cards. 

About Minnionaire: we now have Spy Gru. Many players will actually prefer to run with him to do time-missions. He has a huge 300% time bonus and gives complete protection with the freezeray. True: the time bonus only applies when running with freezeray, but that is still better than Minionaires weak 150% max bonus. So unfortunately the introduction of Spy Gru has made Minnionaire even less attractive. Evenmore: we will want to get Spy Gru anyway for the time-with-freezeray missions, but there is no specific mission we need Minionaire for. Again: I'm talking about players who started without any Minionaire cards. For them it's more rational to go from Jogger to Spy Gru and not spend tokens on getting Minionaire cards. So also Minionaire needs his bonus increased, now even more than before.
no avatar

cubek

Apple (iOS)

Thx Wozer for the heads up about Ghost and reminder about SpyGru for general time mission!
GL hurt me so hard.

Shaunner

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

This is a nice but yah ghost is still too weak. I am at rank 34 and it is flat out impossible to finish any slide under or jump over objective without using a revive. This is unacceptable when running with a 5 star epic. Even a 6th star won't matter.