Wozer

Google Play (Android)

Ghost at maximum level gives +150 jump-overs. Snowboarder does exactly the same at max level. I don't see why I would be interested in Ghost cards. There are more reasons why Snowboarder is better:
- Snowboarder gives the same bonus for slide-unders (only costume for that!)
- Snowboarders freeze ray is superior over Ghosts shield (although shorter time, still better)
- Snowboarder is only a common costume which means cards are much easier to come by and upgrades cost less bananacoins

Minionaire has the same problem: at max level the common costume Jogger is just as good. And if you want specifically seconds as evil minion, Tourist is almost as good for the job.

I will not finish the current special mission, because the Ghost cards are just not worth it. It is a little weird that 'epic' costumes would be no better than common costumes. I suggest giving Ghost and Minionaire a stronger skill, for example +35% per level instead of +25% (maximum at +210% instead of +150%). This way at least there would be a reason to chase Ghost and Minionaire cards and I don't see a downside to making this change.

How do other people feel about this? Natalia?
no avatar

Mzimoxs

Google Play (Android)

What we need are fewer obsolete costumes, not more. It is good that we have a choice between Jogger/Minionaire or Ghost/Snowboarder. I doubt that anyone will be able to max out jogger/snowboarder by legitimate play. Ghost and Minionaire are fine as they are right now.
no avatar

Minion 1638

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Do you really think that it is easier to get a common costume to maximum level 10 than an epic costume to only level 6?

For example you need 12,220 cards for Snowboarder compared to only 795 cards for ghost. 

And besides please don’t be taken in by the upgrade costs in coins which you only see for the next level at the moment. You have to compare the whole costs for upgrades.
In total you need 141,001 coins for upgrading Ghost or every other epic costume to maximum level but 162,301 for common costumes like Snowboarder. 
So upgrade costs are not less but higher!

ThePigVomit

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Snowboarder and jogger are going to be nearly impossible to level up after level 7. I conservatively estimate it will take at least a full 12 months to go from 6 (which I haven't even achieved yet) to 7.

So no, don't make minionare or ghost any harder to obtain. As if you increase their power, GL will assuredly increase the difficulty in obtaining the cards.

Wozer

Google Play (Android)

@Mzimoxs: Well, the problem is that currently Ghost and Minionaire are obsolete in my opinion. Maximizing them is more or less just as hard as Snowboarder/Jogger (unless you are willing to pay real money for extra cards, which I'm not).

@Minion 1638: I am not going to spend a lot of resources (tokens for fevers and market tickets) to get Ghost cards, hoping that maybe someday my Ghost would surpass my Snowboarder. That is a too expensive bet as far as i'm concerned. Right now I would need Ghost at level 4 to surpass my Snowboarder level 5. I don't see that happening soon. Could be months before Ghost shows up in a special mission again and even then I wouldnt get him to level 4 yet! About the bananacoins: I see that you are right that maximizing a common costume is a little bit more expensive than an epic costume. Problem remains that I will need to upgrade Snowboarder anyway for the slide-unders. So it still makes sense not to spend the 141.000 coins on Ghost.  

@ThePigVomit: At current speed and without investing extra in special missions, Ghost would take me multiple years to get to level 6. I am definetely not advocating making cards harder to get. I am proposing making the costumes just a little bit better than Snowboarder/Jogger so that there is at least a basic incentive to invest in their cards. Right now I am just ignoring them.
no avatar

bigdaddy2

Apple (iOS)

I agree with Wozer on this. I have both Snowboarder and Jogger at Lv6 (90%).
My Minionaire and Ghost are Lv1. I will not upgrade them until I will have enough cards to make them better than Snowboarder and Jogger. I think it will be a long wait.
no avatar

Minion 1638

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

@Wozer - I think that I can understand your point of view better now.
I started with enough cards for Ghost and Snowboarder from the conversion to upgrade them to level 5. So my Ghost beats Snowboarder in jumps already now.
And it seems way harder for me to get the missing 11,800 cards to upgrade Snowboarder to maximum level 10 than “only” 400 cards for Ghost’s level 6 although this is a very difficult endeavor, too.

Wozer

Google Play (Android)

If you had cards for the mentioned costumes from the start, then yes, you do not experience this problem. I was talking about basic game design, so if you did'nt get these cards out of the conversion and for new players. 
bigdaddy2
I will not upgrade them until I will have enough cards to make them better than Snowboarder and Jogger. I think it will be a long wait.

Yes. The problem now, is that the wait isn't rationally worth the effort. In the end you will have epic costumes that are not better than the common counterparts. My point is that this could easily be fixed by giving Ghost and Minionaire a bonus that is a little bit more than the common +150%. Then there is a rational reason why collecting cards for them is worth it in the long run. I don't see why this would be a problem. Most epic costumes have bonusses of +200/300%, why would Ghost and Minionaire have to be at the common level of +150%?

Shaunner

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Snowboarder itself is way too weak considering somebody decided that slide unders were only about 30% tougher to accomplish than jumps when in reality they are about 90% tougher.
no avatar

cubek

Apple (iOS)

What bothers me more is the inferiority of Worker directly compared to SoccerFan. It makes getting an EPIC card Worker so underwhelming.
GL hurt me so hard.