no avatar

fumo

Windows PC

Steering Issues- PC

Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:20 pm
This is an old problem for me that has reoccurred recently. As I am driving in A9 the car will suddently and randomly veer to one side or the other without any keyboard input. The keyboard, same as last time, checks out fine, it isn't a hardware issue. Also this problem doesn't occur in any other games using the same keys, so it is clearly a software issue within the A9 game that renders it unplayable.
no avatar

mrichards89

Windows PC

Re: Steering Issues- PC

Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:11 am
I have been having the same issue. It only happens in MP. The race starts and about 2 to 4 seconds in my car just veers off to one side. Usually the left side. I switched out keyboards thinking that would fix it but it did not. I have had this problem now for 2 or 3 weeks. Also, I play everyday and there are some days that I don't have this issue but it seems to be happening more frequently lately. Is anybody else experiencing this? Please reply to post if you are and if enough people report it, something might get done about it. Thanks.
no avatar

mrichards89

Windows PC

Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:03 pm
It's really bad today. Can't progress in MP leagues. I find it hard to believe that only two people are having this issue.

AYColumbia

Windows PC

Columbia, MO

Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:31 am
Make it 3. Been seeing this since the last update. I sent the issue below to GL support.

Since the last update I've been having steering issues where, in a race, my car would all of a sudden go left or right as if the left/right keys are stuck or as if I'm holding them down. I also noticed this keyboard "repeat" issue in the garage where I use the keyboard to navigate the cars collection. If I click right a few times the selector then just moves on its own as if I'm holding down the key and same with left.

Just to clarify, I don't use TouchDrive. I've lost countless MP races not to mention all the other special and daily events that I keep getting ef'd up on! On Windows 10 64bit build 2004.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit | ASUS G731GU ROG STRIX Laptop

TeoFromGameloft

Community Manager

Apple (iOS)

Steering Issues- PC

Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:47 am
This will be taken care of in the upcoming hotfix!

AYColumbia

Windows PC

Columbia, MO

Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:56 pm
Good to hear.  Thanks Teo.

AYColumbia

Windows PC

Columbia, MO

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:15 pm
@Teo,
I got the update this morning and it looks like the left/right nav issues seem to be fixed as I haven't seen it at all, however, looks like in some instances, now, the left/right don't respond at all. I saw this at least a few times before mentioning it. Let me know if you want a separate post for this. I posted a sample video of the issue. I hit the right arrow a few times to adjust my approach to the ramp and no response. You can see the car hits the rail and bounces onto the ramp.

https://youtu.be/nqAZODyPcnA

[EDIT] Right after I posted this, I ran a daily event race and upon tapping the right arrow, my car veered hard right and slammed into the hill.  I guess not fixed after all. :(

AYColumbia

Windows PC

Columbia, MO

Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:16 am
I posted one more video with an example of the issue being severe in a MP race. I started the race and it went to hell fast. I'm barely able to control the car without nitro. It shows everything, hard left, hard right and no response where the steering doesn't respond at all. By the way, this is on my other Win 10 laptop and not the one from which I took the first video. Also, I forgot to mention this, my steering sensitivity is set to 25% on both computers.

https://youtu.be/Qh1tFnFYufw
no avatar

NSgnl

Windows PC

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:59 pm
I had the same today, and not only in MP racing. It also occurred in the Special event. Completely uncontroleable.
no avatar

NSgnl

Windows PC

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:10 pm
It's getting worse and worse. I just pops up in the middle of a race, crashing you straight into a wall. Do something about this and quick!