no avatar

geraldmaurice

Windows PC

FullySikh wrote:
Have you guys tried the "Set Affinity" trick through your task manager. It helped me get past this issue. However, the downside is that you don't get any ads.

What trick is that? Can you explain?

HerzonSpartan

Windows PC

Colombia

geraldmaurice wrote:
FullySikh wrote:
Have you guys tried the "Set Affinity" trick through your task manager. It helped me get past this issue. However, the downside is that you don't get any ads.

What trick is that? Can you explain?

Nothing special. If you computer has multiple logical cores, you can set how many cores the game can use through this "trick". But actually, it doesn't work much, since most of computers have all cores assigned for apps, and quitting at least one of the cores for proccesing the game, can cause an even lower performance or an overheating in your proccesor. In the long run, it can f**k up your computer or the game.
Coming back to Asphalt 9, but well... Gameloft never dissapoints about "supporting" a game, huh?
Still checking news and asking for them, to help the latin american community about these kind of games.

kaiju_the_great

Windows PC

Setting CPU Affinity DOES NOT fix the issue.

GL don't care if the game is UNPLAYABLE for some people on Windows due to the game responding to a left arrow keypress two seconds after you do it, and thinking that you are now holding down the left arrow key when in fact you never did, you only momentarily pressed it. Same with right arrow and down arrow.  Game FREQUENTLY doesn't respond at all to keypresses, most obviously when you double-tap down arrow and car does not do a 360.