Heavy Input Lag

Moderators: Cycona2704, MVP, Moderator, Dev Team

no avatar

Infomaniac

Windows PC

Heavy Input Lag

Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:20 pm
My game has been taking all my control inputs with quite a huge delay, sometimes even more than one second. Not only in the races, but also in the menu. And this is inconsistently happening. I can play with absolutely no problem for some time, but it suddenly kicks in a few minutes later, doesn't matter whether I'm playing single player or multiplayer. I've been facing this problem since half a day I guess. I don't think there's anything wrong with my laptop. Performance seems to be just fine with no overheating. Any suggestions if anyone else has faced it before? Right now it looks like I'm the only one facing it. TIA
IGN:  A9 - RpM_notBaŁd
YouTube(just for fun): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEq03aSMx4XWciF9zbs5YIQ

Fix input lag

TeoFromGameloft

Community Manager

Apple (iOS)

Heavy Input Lag

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:40 pm
Hi Infomaniac! Have you tried reducing the graphics quality from the options menu? In addition to this, please be sure to reboot your device from time to time, that way you can clear the memory from any tasks that should no longer be using resources. Let me know if that helps!
no avatar

Infomaniac

Windows PC

Re: Heavy Input Lag

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:59 pm
TeoFromGameloft wrote:
Hi Infomaniac! Have you tried reducing the graphics quality from the options menu? In addition to this, please be sure to reboot your device from time to time, that way you can clear the memory from any tasks that should no longer be using resources. Let me know if that helps!

Thanks for the suggestion. Now the frequency of input lag has significantly reduced without having to do anything, but when it was frequent, it happened more often when I play for a few minutes after rebooting. Haven't tried reducing graphics settings yet though. It's kinda strange how this started happening randomly when the game was running totally fine before, even at the highest settings. I currently play at medium.

Fix input lag
no avatar

Infomaniac

Windows PC

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:46 pm
Edit: the input lag has come back worse than before (now happens almost all the time right from when I start the game), it's totally unplayable now. Lowering the graphics to lowest didn't help even to the tiniest extent.

Fix input lag

TeoFromGameloft

Community Manager

Apple (iOS)

Heavy Input Lag

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:28 pm
I'm sorry to hear that, in that case please submit a ticket with Customer Care so the support team can look further into the problem 🙂
no avatar

se xi cator

Windows PC

Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:47 pm
hey,, even i am having the same input lag for the past 2 days. i cant fix it anyhow. i tried every possible way like updating my windows edition, hard reseting my pc but nothing works and yes lowering gfx settings wouldnt work.. i play jc4 in high settings 60 fps. then how come asphalt 9 needs better gfx than that

Captain Nemo74

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:59 am
Sc*rew tickets! The problem is real and well documented. Whether 20, 200 or 20,000 are affected ... fix the moth*rfk*r!!
||
GAMELOFT'S MOTTO: "Buy or cry or die .......... the choice is yours!" ;)
no avatar

se xi cator

Windows PC

Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:14 am
Well. I bought the battlepass and now because of gamelofts  fault i cannot play the game.. If i miss the event then gameloft should give us the compensation.. **** gameloft
no avatar

Gwynbleidd

Windows PC

Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:49 am
Still isn't fixed. I've had this issue for a while now, never bothered to post about it until it started to consistently **** up my multiplayer rating. My pc can run multiple instances of this game with ease, but this bug just keeps appearing out of nowhere. Playing multiplayer with this bug is impossible (especially given the rating drop when placing last place in packed games). The bug can appear in any match without warning, and there's nothing you can do about it other than pressing alt+f4 and uninstalling the game.

- some keystroke inputs are delayed by 1s+
- some keystrokes don't even activate
- some keystrokes stay activated after releasing
Any game after the bug appears is also glitchy.. It becomes impossible to control your car

Known solutions:
- restart the game, and **** your multiplayer rating that you spent the last 20min grinding for.. bug will reappear in the next 8 player race
- uninstall the game

PickleRick23

Windows PC

Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:21 am
Same here. Game will be running smoothly with no issues for several races, then randomly it starts to lag. This is a known bug for awhile now. They blame our PC's / Devices and won't acknowledge there's a problem on their end.

Best solution, just uninstall. It's never gonna get fixed.