Club Chat - Text Entry

Moderators: Cycona2704, MVP, Moderator, Dev Team

Trexx

Windows PC

Central USA

Club Chat - Text Entry

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:11 am
Somehow I kind of doubt any of the higher level Gameloft developers come here very often, if at all, but if any of the forum moderators / management have the ability to reach out to any of those that can implement changes to the game, it would be great if this feedback can be considered. I understand that the ideals and/or opinions of a single player is less than noteworthy, but I can more or less undoubtedly assure you, I wouldn't be the only player that would appreciate the following change:

When I began playing Asphalt 9, I created a club. Once my club began to grow and gain members, the diversity in language also grew. Now, like I said... when I began playing this game, I was able to use google translate, copy the translated language, and paste it into my club's chat, allowing me to communicate with the rest of my club. This was changed for whatever reason, and now I'm not able to paste anything into the input box. Why was this done? I can't help but feel like altering something like that, so specific, must have been done diliberately... and if Gameloft rejects the request to re-implement this ability, then I would just have to inquire as to the reason. 

I can't think of any reason or purpose in revoking this capability. It has no affect on the game whatsoever besides the fact that I can't talk to any of my club members that are not able to speak English now. Now, whether or not anyone can see the significance of this, as a player being unable to communicate with a single member of my club takes quite a bit away from the game. I might as well open my device manager and disable my network card, but of course then the game wouldn't load at all then. 

At any rate, I just wanted to try and reach out to the Gameloft community, and hopefully attract the attention of someone that can either set a change in motion for this, or at least someone that can relay the complaint/request to a member of Gameloft that can. I've always loved Gameloft games... because they put out top quality software products, and as a follower of all things Gameloft, I would hope that they would hear the voice of their users/players. 

Thank you,
Player ID: 78db0f
TrexªByte™ Online - by Trex

Trexx

Windows PC

Central USA

Re: Club Chat - Text Entry

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:44 pm
You know... after investigating this a bit more closely... I think I must apologize for my ignorance.It isn't Asphalt 9 that restricts the copy/paste funciton... it's actually Google Chrome. I tested this theory by using Internet Explorer instead, and, indeed, it works. I apologize. Disregard this thread.
TrexªByte™ Online - by Trex

LontruS

Windows PC

Re: Club Chat - Text Entry

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:40 am
There game chat is the worst chat i have ever seen. Even 20 years ago chat worked better.

Chat is total bug mess. You write something then press send and the text come in the chat 1 minute later.
Sometimes when you type the chat disappears and dont react on pressing on the chat again. Then sometimes the par that hides the chat will disappear and you need to go to club page or some other page to get it back.

It's insane how much bugs can one chat have in a game.