TeddySadcat

Google Play (Android)

After the update, I felt that the speed of cars are way slower than I'm comfortable with, especially that I simply corner a lot and maintain proper racing lines like IRL racing. I noticed the speedometer dips a lot less whenever I turn hard in my Vulcan, which is one of my favorite handling cars in the game.

And then I went to experimenting, and got this.
https://streamable.com/lcntz

My 3-star Grand Sport does not have its tuning altered before and after the update, and I compared the old (top) and new (bottom) runs in the very last corner in Navajo Nation.
Sure enough, there is a significant speed loss as I turn hard inside to the corner. I specifically copy the exact same touch input with the old run, as seen with the white circles around the minimap, to get as close to the original run as possible.
Pre-update, the GS can get past 280km/h+ with ease, while post-update it sank to 250km/h and thus cornered too much inside as the speed lost helped making it corner sharper, and in this case, too sharp.

I'm not sure if this is intentional to compensate with the faster nitro regen during drifting, but if it's the case, it will change the racing meta as a whole for the worse. Players can no longer maintain speed without nitro, and high-duration cars like the GS and the Hemi will become overpowered overnight. And now we're seeing Vulcans being terrible with their handling, adding to their poor turning radius, has also the most speed lost.
I sincerely hope the devs read this, as maintaining a proper racing line is fundamental to any racing game ever, and encouraging the drift-boost-drift method would ruin the flow of the race entirely. Thanks in advance for your attention.

Also,
the Viper GTS has a texture bug at its badges, as seen below. This should be an easy fix.
ImageImage

TeddySadcat

Google Play (Android)

I think I should bump this, I'm begging for an answer, please.

john_wheelman

Windows PC

Classic: new version - new bugs.
Attachments
A9.jpg
A9.jpg (214.1 KiB) Viewed 89 times