Connection Errors - Update

Moderators: Cycona2704, Moderator, MVP, Dev Team

Fabien FromGameloft

Community Manager

Connection Errors - Update

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:03 pm
Dear racers,

We have spent quite some time analyzing the “connection error” at the end of  players’ races. And we have some good news:

First of all, each time you face this issue, note that the game will remember how many rating points you should have won or lost during this race, and apply them to your rating after the next race. So, despite these errors, your score will be correct after all.

Now, the cause of this issue is and remains: internet connection. It doesn’t necessarily means your connection isn’t fast enough, but it means that sometime during the race, the connection is lost. So it is a question of stability.

Even though this is affecting a very small amount of players, we are taking this very seriously.  We are aiming to improve the situation in the upcoming update (update 2) and a better solution should greatly decrease the amount of connection errors in the third update of the game.

Thanks for your understanding and your support.

The Asphalt Team
no avatar

Chris _a9

Google Play (Android)

Re: Connection Errors - Update

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:44 am
And what happend we the connection issue occurs during multi-player ?
no avatar

Chris _a9

Google Play (Android)

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:46 am
Well once again i lost point of the race .... as i was the last very very boring ....

Captain Nemo74

Windows PC

Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:41 am
FACT: It varies from user to user. I have yet to lose points on disconnect and I end up listed exactly where I finished in the race rankings. Typically I get either the green O or two blue bars. Mostly it happens in MP, when I win a race (rare I admit). However, I can assure you, the game has never retroactively given me the 37 or 40 points I should have got. If you are going to fix it at least have some comprehension of the scope of the problem you are trying to resolve. It's like your coders were trained in a sandbox by a Kindergarten teacher. Yes, you are correct …. a still p*ssed off GTR2 racer!!!
||
Jake first saw Bonnie by the pool. She reminded him of his Harley Davidson, a custom buit chopper he had purchased from a friend. It had an amazing paint job and a fantastic sculptured chassis, supported by long, powerful struts. When warmed up and running, the engine throbbed rythmically, and the firm shapely seat was always beckoning to be ridden.
:)
no avatar

miguelon

Windows PC

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:52 pm
HOLA buenas porque no arreglais lo de los "hackers" porque el otro dia empezamos 4 y acabamos 8 y yendo 1º con distancia aparecio uno delante mio  gracias
no avatar

ganap1978@gmail.com

Apple (iOS)

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:37 am
I got a connection error in 2nd place and I did not gain any points when I finished the next race....its NOT fixed
no avatar

BigMar

Windows PC

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:04 pm
This has never happened to me before. I got disconnected before the race even started. And then this happens. All those rating points gone in the blink of an eye.
Attachments
2018-12-10 (2).png
2018-12-10 (2).png (982.51 KiB) Viewed 65 times