Gameplay suggestions

Moderators: Cycona2704, Dev Team

no avatar

Josi_123_Rivera

Apple (iOS)

Re: Gameplay suggestions

Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:08 am
[quote]this is not a gameplay suggestion since i couldnt find what  wanted to i decided to put it here can you guys please put to link accounts from from other devices since i play on phone but when i wanted to play on pc i couldnt use my account since i had all of my stuff there please make taht a option.[/quote]

AWScorp

Windows PC

USA

Tue May 11, 2021 5:21 pm
I'd like to request an option to disable the increasingly annoying Trade Coins banner that pops up after winning a race with a BP reward that you already have maxed. In the beginning I didn't really mind because on the PC I can use the mouse to click on the buttons underneath this message that hangs everything up for 5 seconds.

As time goes on and I have more vehicles maxed I get this 5 second hang up after every race that has a BP reward even more than ever now. Plus using a game controller you can't click out of that banner like you can to speed your way through like some of the other prompts in the game by clicking a A or B on the controller.

While I appreciate the time it takes to create those flashy prompts and integrate them into the game, I think this has quickly turned into a a punishment for dedicated players as they progress in this game. Those 5 seconds delays start adding up quickly day after day. I'd like to see the prompt removed completely to be honest but at the very least put a check box in the settings that we can choose whether or not to see this Trade Coins prompt.

Thanks for your time in considering this request.
AWScorp :)
no avatar

rolyacde

Windows PC

Tue May 11, 2021 5:43 pm
[quote="AWScorp"]I'd like to request an option to disable the increasingly annoying Trade Coins banner that pops up after winning a race with a BP reward that you already have maxed.

While I appreciate the time it takes to create those flashy prompts and integrate them into the game, I think this has quickly turned into a a punishment for dedicated players as they progress in this game. Those 5 seconds delays start adding up quickly day after day. I'd like to see the prompt removed completely to be honest but at the very least put a check box in the settings that we can choose whether or not to see this Trade Coins prompt.

Thanks for your time in considering this request.
AWScorp :)
 [/quote]
Good suggestion AWS, as the Trade Coin prompts are nothing but a nuisance, and a total waste of time.  If someone wants to know how many trade coins they have it shows up on the Legend page.  So there is no need to pester a person after every race they receive trade coins on with this annoying, time wasting prompt.  (This is obviously the work of some programmer who never plays the game them self, so has no idea what a nuisance there work has created.)
no avatar

Rotary Guy

Windows PC

Thu May 13, 2021 7:46 pm
[b]Letter to Gameloft - a software developer's critique of Asphalt 9.[/b]

First off, the game engine seems great.  I've been playing the heck out of this game.  It's a fun game.

But that said, aside from the main driving engine, there are a lot of problems with the game.  Let's talk about some of the annoying things - things that make the game less fun.  It's almost like there's a set of "A" developers who work on the driving engine and there's a set of "B" developers who work on everything else.

All comments are observed on Windows platform.  These are in no particular order.

* In career, there are certain races which require a specific car.  That's fine if there's a reasonable path to achieving the car (other than purchase).  As an example, in "Full Throttle" race 1, you need a BMW i8.  Also Fire & Lightning 7 which requires a keyed GT3 EVO.  I've been playing for over a month now and don't have a single blueprint for the BMW i8.  I'm assuming that this car was part of some past event.  But this is a problem for new players who have no mechanism to get the car.

* When watching ads, you often get the same ad played over and over.  I know the adds generate revenue, but watching the same add repeatedly is annoying.

* When opening the ad pack in the store (the only where you get 4 cards for 4 ads daily), about 50% of the time I see this behavior: The pack will open, I will hit "next", and then the pack will open AGAIN, but the screen is locked up.  Buttons and mouse clicks do nothing, I have to exit and relaunch the game.  So, during the 4 ad sequence to get the 4 cards, the game usually locks up twice.

* I don't know how much money you make off of adds, but I suspect that it's much less than what you make when someone purchases a "season".  A smart marketing move would be to completely remove the adds for anyone who purchases a season.  Grant the rewards automatically, without prompting to watch ads.  This would create a good incentive to buy the season - and I suspect result in both greater revenue and player satisfaction.

* Ads often fail.  Watching the ads is annoying - but when you watch the ads and still don't get the reward, that's very annoying.

* "Car Hunt" events are way too "grindy".  In order to succeed in getting the car, you basically have to return to the game every 90 minutes for the duration of the event and run the same race over and over.  You should double the odds of getting the car blueprints; it would still be grindy, but endurably so.  For example, the Enzo event, I can get 3 cards at a time, running 5 races (2 tickets each) and get 15 cards.  In those 15 cards, I [u]maybe[/u] get 1 blueprint.  When a car takes 45 blueprints - that's a LOT of grinding.

* [b]The "club" interface is awful[/b].  (Yes, I bolded this one.)  There doesn't seem to be any reasonable way that clubs are suggested to a player.  There are 3 featured clubs - which usually have "restricted" status.  When you select "more clubs" you get a list of clubs that seem to be mostly inactive - and you get this same list of clubs if you search again.  Some of the listed clubs are full - so you can't join - so why suggest them?  It would be reasonable to feature clubs which: 1) have players at similar level to you, 2) have players which are active - or have similar activity to you.  Clubs with 15 inactive players shouldn't be featured.  Also, the club interface is very slow to search for a club, you have to 1) select JOIN ... and wait, 2) select MORE ... and wait, 3) now you can finally enter something in the search box.  This all has the feel of something designed by a high-schooler.  It's not buggy, it's just really poor design.

* Little thing - when you get your rewards at the end of a daily race, first it shows the reward counter (like 0/5) incremented (1/5).  Then you hit "next" to get the rewards and the screen flashes with the counter un-incremented (0/5).  The reward appears.  Then you hit "next" again and watch the counter increment from (0/5) to (1/5).  Which is it?  Show it increment once.

* Notifications - when you run out of event tickets, the game sets a 100 minute timer and notifies you when your tickets are refilled.  However, this doesn't take into account that you may have used tickets within the last 100 minutes.  So you get a notification that your tickets are full, but they aren't.

That's it.  Pretty good game, but there is definitely room for improvement.
no avatar

lechatnoir

Windows PC

Fri May 14, 2021 11:24 pm
Hello.

As I read just before ... Your game it's very appreciated but the fact that it's impossible to finish some level because the car doesn't exist (BMW I8 and ACURA NSX GTT3 EVO) it's very bad ...

If players can't have a chance to move forward, don't be surprised if they give up one day.

It would be a shame to spoil such a beautiful game.

Could you not correct the cars requested in the chapters.
no avatar

Rotary Guy

Windows PC

Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:23 pm
Feeling cheated after purchasing Legend Pass.

Marketing tip - you really don't want your paying customers to feel cheated.

I spent $9.99 on the legend pass for the Italian Season.  One of the bonuses was an (unspecified) discount on the "next season bundle".  I took this to mean (as I'm sure many do) that the pass for the next season would be discounted.

So, at the end of the Italian Season, I was expecting the next season's legend pass to be discounted to something like $4.99?

What I didn't understand/expect was that this was only a discount on the (more expensive) bundle.  So rather than getting a discount on the $9.99 pass (which I expected), I instead had an "opportunity" to pay $14.99 for the "bundle".

The result is that I WOULD have spent $4.99 on a discounted season pass - but instead, I'm spending $0.