no avatar

fstructure

Apple (iOS)

Re: This is just shameful tactics.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:28 am
@Xenabite - good post, good analysis! I’ve often wondered about it: is the game rigged? Not that GL is targeting anyone specifically. But stuff like: if I KD someone, some “software karma” kicks in and ups the probability that *I’ll* get KDed? Enough weird crap happens out in MP that, yeah, it “increases my paranoia”.

Oh - hey GL, can we get a rear-view mirror?

I really do not know, but I’m inclined to think that most of the strange incidents we observe in MP are artifacts of lag and the relatively loose definition of “simultaneous” that applies when you have a bunch of (geographically distributed?) processors managing hundreds of races of up to 8 players each, and keeping each set of up to 8 player devices in sync, all in real-time. I suspect the code behind MP is extremely interesting stuff - and probably kept under lock&key.

And - and I mean this in the kindest way possible - complicated software sometimes contains bugs ...
Billy Oblivion DNA Cowboys

Captain Nemo74

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:19 am
GREAT! Now we have people posting that have a PHD in Nonsense. I'm sure the Gameshaft Team will make you a first hire when next they are recruiting.
||
How many Windows10 programmers does it take to mess up a Windows10 Update?
Only one........................ unfortunately Microsoft has 365 of them! ;)
no avatar

fstructure

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:29 am
> PHD in Nonsense ...

Moi? My PhD is in Metaphysics (along with a couple of lesser degrees in Computer Science). I recently jumped ship after 30+ years in the software biz. I’m not going back anytime soon. Or without a struggle.

Captain Nemo74

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:51 am
So basically you are an Idiot! Nice of you to confirm what I already new.;)
||
How many Windows10 programmers does it take to mess up a Windows10 Update?
Only one........................ unfortunately Microsoft has 365 of them! ;)
no avatar

ganap1978@gmail.com

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:01 am
I think there are multiple people who are posting here with the same experience @fstructure.....are you calling them idiots or liars? are you being paid by GL to post in a favorable manner?

Xenabite

Apple (iOS)

London

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:13 pm
Don't get me wrong, all of the other issues like MP latency, actual bugs, crash hotspots in certain locations, suicidal AI and physics misbehaving are still there regardless of whatever might be going on under the hood.

It's just that the game crashes you, slows you down or amps up the AI aggression and difficulty too consistently in certain places and at certain times for it to be considered just another glitch. Those other errors only make it harder to spot, especially with some randomness of how it triggers built in.

I remember when I used to grind unleashed runner up events where you have infinite tickets, riding the same location with the same set of 3 cars 100 times in a day or two. After 20-30 runs choosing the exact same turns and ramps with the same drifts and nitro it becomes muscle memory, you should theoretically be able to pass that track with your eyes closed.

And yet every couple of races there'd be an instance of my car suddenly malfunctioning and either crashing in the spot I've never ever had issues with before or simply not making the required time even though I drove it exactly the same way tons of times prior. Sometimes it actually feels like someone else takes control of your car remotely for a split second just to mess with you.

I'd dismiss it all as a conspiracy theory myself but I've been experiencing these issues almost daily for 6+ months now. Now other users are coming out of the woodwork and confirming it works the same for them.

We all know how shady GL tactics are from this one and their other games. I'm happy to be proven wrong but I don't think they only way they encourage you to open your wallet is by banners and exclusive cars.
no avatar

StuntmanDan

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:12 pm
TBH I think you give GL way too much credit. This seems way to complicated for them to do.
Join the FuriousOutlaws family on iOS.
https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2326&t=675651
no avatar

redfishsc

Windows PC

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:00 am
StuntmanDan wrote:
TBH I think you give GL way too much credit. This seems way to complicated for them to do.

Not at all too complicated. Perhaps it's too complicted for them to do it well enough that it's not noticeable, but it's definitely noticeable if you watch carefully.

Oldtool

Windows PC

Oz

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:19 am
I don't believe GL targets specific players but this post has a valid point. It all comes down to how our commands are executed, no matter what corner of the globe they come from. The program must create a semblance of equality. Most times it works, sometimes it so obviously doesn't that we suspect foul play. I don't believe the A8&9 creators went out of their way to make my life miserable but there probably are several banana peelings built into the game. If my car suddenly explodes on a straight where it never exploded before it could be a triggered event but I could just as well have hit a random banana peeling. I'm convinced that there are many such events written into this game. What makes them random or triggered is of course GL's secret.
stop KD roadkill - animals are better people
        clans - boosters - hackers, all the same to me.
no avatar

fstructure

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:27 pm
ganap1978@gmail.com wrote:
I think there are multiple people who are posting here with the same experience @fstructure.....are you calling them idiots or liars? 

I thought *I* was the idiot?
are you being paid by GL to post in a favorable manner?

YHGTBFKM.