no avatar

mchelle_j@yahoo.com

Windows PC

Re: I JUST WANT TO START OVER

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:34 pm
WHEN I FIRST STARTED PLAYING THERE WAS A LOT THAT I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE GAME, AND NOW THAT I HAVE A BETTER IDEA HOW TO PLAY IT, I CAN NOT RESTART THE **** THING... REALLY IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO START THIS GAME OVER PLEASE LET ME KNOW
no avatar

chris_collier

Windows PC

Re: This is just shameful tactics.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:52 pm
Wow, thank you to OP for confirming what I already knew and putting it into words. This is so true, everyone should read this and it should be pinned LOL 😂.
no avatar

chris_collier

Windows PC

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:56 pm
And Props to xnabite for also an amazing revelation of the way the game is rigged, I am finally happy I am not going mad, it’s the game not me... ha
no avatar

KalyanSM

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 pm
Xenabite wrote:
The game has an algorithm programmed in whereby your progress is artificially capped at certain points so that you do not advance too quickly and either end up spending bucks in the shop and/or generate ad money for GL.

It’s especially noticeable in MP with the yo-yo effect other users previously described but it also exists in career, daily and special events and it comes in different flavours, variable strengths and timing. It is also tied to whether you’re a highly/regular paying, one-off paying or an f2p user and it’s tied to prizes too, their frequency and rarity. 

For example today I’m finding that my platinum league progress cap is within 1480-1520 window. I was solid winning up until 1520 rating then my car started behaving erratically out of the blue - nothing to do with being KD’d, slipstream, level design or my driving. It just misses an input here and there, starts barrel rolling off 360 ramps or simply drives into a wall and crashes totally out of random. Sometimes it also quite visibly slows down so that a fully upgraded high class ride feels like a Tesco trolley for one match whilst still claiming you’re driving at above 300mph. 

It will drop me down from 1520 to 1480 (or below) then I’ll build it up again, then get pushed down the ranks again, over and over like the above mentioned yo-yo. Eventually after I have played enough hours, watched enough ads and the MP season has moved on to next tier phase it will allow me to progress to an upper rating bracket, then cap me again there - sometimes right before crossing to a higher league, sometimes earlier. 

The way moving into higher MP levels works is mostly tied to how far into the season we are but it also works like a lottery - you get stuck in this progress cap limbo and then sometimes after playing enough you get that lucky streak of 3-5 matches where you come in first place - also artificially, it’s like your car is all of a sudden on steroids, KDing everybody and running miles ahead of all other cars at light speed with yellow dots vanishing off your minimap. Again, this mostly happens when the game decides the time is right for you to advance but sometimes it can happen earlier, lottery win style. 

Those yo-yo cycles also vary and come in waves - sometimes it’s a constant win-3xlose-win for a 5 fuel car, sometimes win-win-3xlose, sometimes (during being pushed down the ranks) it’s 4xlose-win etc. The game will loop the same cycle of wins and losses for a certain amount of time and that’s where it’s easy to spot it. 

All of this is rather subtle at first and gets you thinking oh maybe it was just a one off glitch, maybe I ****, maybe it’s because of KDs or matchmaking being a disaster, but the fact of the matter is it only needs to happen once per match for you to come in last place, and after several months of playing you begin to notice more and more patterns which make it very obvious how rigged this game is overall.

My last Cairo race just before this post: I was in the lead by miles, nobody was able to catch up to me, then at the last moment the car skewed off a 360 ramp half rolling to the side, drove half the bridge on its side and crashed just before the finish, I got teleported way back and ended up last. Go figure.

Also, a few days ago I bought two LaFerrari packs then I enjoyed a few hours of special MP treatment - all of a sudden I was winning a whole lot of races, very occasionally coming 3rd at the very worst. No competing cars in sight, my car was on warp drive to the finish all the time. And it wasn’t one of those lottery win streaks, it lasted much longer than those. 

I believe there’s a degree of randomness written into it too so it doesn’t always trigger, only at certain progression points. Sometimes it just switches off as well and for instance, you can win a career race with a car that’s a 300-500 below required rank.

Another thing I noticed is how it almost always kicks in during daily events on your last pack run - you will ride the same car 4 times, take the exact same route, win 4 matches and obtain all packs from each of them then on the 5th run it will crash you so that you miss the very last pack. 

Whatever you say about skills, hacking, KDs and competing players there’s definitely something under the hood here and the longer you play the more visible it becomes.

My 1st post btw. Hi guys *waves* :)

Thank you!

I too thought that I was not doing good enough to move ahead in the current Sh*tStream MP season. Today I started at 1424 and kept moving up & down, after 30/40 races I ended my day at 1547.

The points you've mentioned clearly make sense.

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: I JUST WANT TO START OVER

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:27 pm
mchelle_j@yahoo.com wrote:
WHEN I FIRST STARTED PLAYING THERE WAS A LOT THAT I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE GAME, AND NOW THAT I HAVE A BETTER IDEA HOW TO PLAY IT, I CAN NOT RESTART THE **** THING... REALLY IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO START THIS GAME OVER PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Hi. I don’t know how it works on Windows, but I think you need to delete the game saves from wherever you have backed them up. 
If that doesn’t work, then you need to contact CC and ask them if they can reset your progress.

Source: https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?t=419724#p2396158
Vehicles owned: 200/232
Stars: 1860
Helmets: 1355
Licenses: 2555
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

My Asphalt 9 club: Me, Myself & I
Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:37 pm
Xenabite wrote:
@Sayaneechan I guess you're one of the few lucky users where the progress cap doesn't activate too often then. I suppose if you play casually and switch between race modes often you wouldn't notice it too much or see it as glitches, lack of skills etc.

Perhaps. In fact, it’s not like I play that much. Just the time to do the daily quests and some TLEs and that’s it. Not necessarily everyday. Career? Well, I have said I would move on. In fact, I did. From 19%, now I am at... 21% 😊😂😊
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)
no avatar

tuvok

Windows PC

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:44 pm
I don't buy the conspiracy theories.

If you have variation in lap times, often it's just because the roads contain a mix of different terrain, and driving onto terrain that's a different shade of the same color can cause your speed to go down. There are many subtleties to maintaining speed that you don't realize until you get good enough to compete for top TLE spots.

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 pm
tuvok wrote:
I don't buy the conspiracy theories.

If you have variation in lap times, often it's just because the roads contain a mix of different terrain, and driving onto terrain that's a different shade of the same color can cause your speed to go down. There are many subtleties to maintaining speed that you don't realize until you get good enough to compete for top TLE spots.

I think I am going to agree with you. I have never noticed the nerfs redfishsc is talking about. 
Also, yes, it is well known that certain terrains/roads slow you down, same as AX.

Kameh

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 pm
Hey there, Sayaneechan.
You just served me an opportunity that can not be missed.
While i would like some spice in this dish i`m about to serve myself, i`ll just get on with it fast, while i`m still "hungry".
Just felt the need to poke your eyes out a tiiiiny bit, since double posting in forums is frowned upon. Since you`re the master of Terms of use, you probably know better if it's a rule not to double post in this specific forum. (lemme know when you have the chance please).

And to leave a comment on the topic, Yea. Customer care is your ONLY option for now. You have a button to CC on the main pace of the settings menu ingame.

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:05 am
Kameh wrote:
Hey there, Sayaneechan.
You just served me an opportunity that can not be missed.
While i would like some spice in this dish i`m about to serve myself, i`ll just get on with it fast, while i`m still "hungry".
Just felt the need to poke your eyes out a tiiiiny bit, since double posting in forums is frowned upon. Since you`re the master of Terms of use, you probably know better if it's a rule not to double post in this specific forum. (lemme know when you have the chance please).

And to leave a comment on the topic, Yea. Customer care is your ONLY option for now. You have a button to CC on the main pace of the settings menu ingame.

Hi Kameh, my reply to that post was indeed off topic, just like the message I have replied to. However, you need to know that newly registered users cannot create new threads. They need to reply to a few existing ones before they can do so (2 posts aren’t enough)
This was set up to prevent spammers from spamming threads totally unrelated to the game.
Over the A8 forum we once had 4 pages taken over by spammers, all written in korean. 
Imagine how tiring it must have been for the mods to clean it all up over and over again!

Anyway, now I hope you understand why mchelle_j@yahoo.com replied here to begin with, which I can’t blame for doing so, given the impossibility for the user to create threads.

EDIT: I forgot a thing. Do not worry about me being the “master of Terms of use”. I have given up anyway warning people over that. I will just mind my own business from now on 😉