LoYaL GaMeR

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Need Advice to win MP races

Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:26 am
Today I played around 50 MP races but I didn't came at 1st position in single race . I tried both tilt and touch drive mode but Everytime I came 2nd or Third . 
Please give me tips for handling in Tilt mode because I don't like Touch Drive mode ,
how to win a MP race ?
It seems we have different strategies in A9 as compared to A8(Tilt mode for MP) 

Need a good tip from Pro Racer of A9 for wining Multiplayer Races .
PLATFORM : ANDROID 

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Need Advice to win MP races

Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:50 am
One thing I have learned, is that managing your nitro and knowing when and how to use it is very important! You might start with that  :)
Vehicles owned: 200/232
Stars: 1860
Helmets: 1355
Licenses: 2555
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

My Asphalt 9 club: Me, Myself & I
Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)

tcman

Veteran

Windows PC

East Coast of Florida

Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:48 am
It's mostly taking the shortest path to the finish line and using nitro as much as possible, including in mid-air to get there.

I will say one more thing, something that has given me the advantage in many races is drifting, it helps getting around corners and also builds nitro at the same time, I have noticed many players not doing this much and everytime is costs them.

And finally of course is having a car or two that is upgraded close to max that at least some other people don't have.

TC
RACE OR DIE UNTIL THE SUN GOES DOWN.
no avatar

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:02 am
tcman wrote:
And finally of course is having a car or two that is upgraded close to max that at least some other people don't have.

This, unfortunately, is more important in Asphalt 9 than it was in Asphalt 8 or Xtreme.

Multiplayer is designed as a pay-to-win system, where you're matched based on your league primarily, and within that league, you can bring any car. As a result, you often see car rank disparities of 1500 points or more. So you'll want to use a car that's faster than what most people in your league have. Pick a car you're comfortable with (e.g., the C-class Lotus — that's what I picked) and upgrade it as far as you can, then use that in multiplayer.

You won't be a better racer, but you'll win, simply because you have an OP car for that league.

Also, if you leave races or access the pause screen for other reasons, remember that the pause screen triggers the handling reset bug, just like accessing your settings does. So if you're used to a steering sensitivity at more than 50%, remember to fix that before you do your next multiplayer race. Otherwise, the bad handling alone will be a significant disadvantage.
Asphalt 9 club: Birdland (#855e) — beginners welcome!

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:27 am
Running Bird, I have beaten cars that were many ranks above me. I think nitro management is a very important part and can determine who wins and who loses, no matter the rank. And I think that's good, because it means that the cars which are much lower ranked than others still stand a chance, unlike in A8, where there are a few OP cars that trash the other 200, no matter if they have similar rank  :)
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)
no avatar

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:40 am
Everybody has, Saya. But it gets tricky at around 500 rank difference, at least in my experience. You're still lucky sometimes, but that doesn't make it fair. And as mentioned above, 500 isn't the worst-case scenario by a long shot.

Last season, I reached 1530 league points by beating 2000+ cars with my 1800 Lotus somewhat regularly. Then I gave up on getting the remaining 20 points for Legends league, because it was obvious the game didn't want me to win any more races with that car as long as I was above 1500 points.

I understand that the upside here is defeating the concept of multiplayer tuning, but in my opinion, that's not worth the downside, where you hit a wall based purely on your lack of faster cars.

PS: After writing this, I realized that absolute rank difference numbers are probably not the best way to explain this. Percentages would probably work better. So to rephrase, I've encountered cars that had 1.8 times the rank of mine, i.e., almost double.
Asphalt 9 club: Birdland (#855e) — beginners welcome!
no avatar

pantau

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:17 pm
I think the most important thing is to know the shortest route and to know the maps by heart.

Driver_7633

Google Play (Android)

Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:33 pm
Use a gamepad. Have a very fast car. Drift, shockwave nitro or just nitro. Never do perfect nitro! 360s will slow you down, also in midair! But if your car drives off a ramp at top speed, a midair 360 can refill all the nitro.
Device: Nvidia Shield k1

mhamedo

MC5 Snapping Turtle

Google Play (Android)

Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:06 pm
Also try to stay away from everyone else as much as you can, if you make contact with someone there's a 70% chance you'll get 360'd, especially at the start. Let everyone else spin around and you'll get the lead because everyone else would've either slowed down significantly from spinning or gotten knocked out.

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:39 pm
Running Bird wrote:
Everybody has, Saya. But it gets tricky at around 500 rank difference, at least in my experience. You're still lucky sometimes, but that doesn't make it fair. And as mentioned above, 500 isn't the worst-case scenario by a long shot.

Last season, I reached 1530 league points by beating 2000+ cars with my 1800 Lotus somewhat regularly. Then I gave up on getting the remaining 20 points for Legends league, because it was obvious the game didn't want me to win any more races with that car as long as I was above 1500 points.

I understand that the upside here is defeating the concept of multiplayer tuning, but in my opinion, that's not worth the downside, where you hit a wall based purely on your lack of faster cars.

PS: After writing this, I realized that absolute rank difference numbers are probably not the best way to explain this. Percentages would probably work better. So to rephrase, I've encountered cars that had 1.8 times the rank of mine, i.e., almost double.

By "much higher ranked" I mean exactly that! I was talking about 500 or 700 ranks of difference! Yes, I know it's not the worst case scenario, in fact, I have also met players with at least 1100 ranks above me, or something like that! Still, they did not beat me by a long shot. I still stood a chance. If this was A8, they would totally pulverize me with such rank difference!