Yoghurt_LX

Windows PC

Re: Matchmaking: how does it work?

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:39 am
MP needs to be matched by used car too.
Insane that you match a Regera against a Mitsubishi Lancer, but happens all the time.
CAR RANK for FFS is the important thing, than and maybe that match by league.
As it works now, it's complete BS and absolute useless.

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:28 pm
Yoghurt_LX wrote:
MP needs to be matched by used car too.
Insane that you match a Regera against a Mitsubishi Lancer, but happens all the time.
CAR RANK for FFS is the important thing, than and maybe that match by league.
As it works now, it's complete BS and absolute useless.

Indeed. I have also started a new account on Windows, and my stock Lancer went against Vipers and Asterions in the 2000-2500 ranks. I honestly didn’t mind much, there is much worse matchings after all. Just I am not sure how many other new players are going to take that... 🤔
Vehicles owned: 200/232
Stars: 1860
Helmets: 1355
Licenses: 2555
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

My Asphalt 9 club: Me, Myself & I
Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)
no avatar

Bart2018

Windows PC

Absurd

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:55 pm
But what it implies is that the game favors who is older or spends more money, in the case of the older players of non-censorship, but in the case of comparisons it is very inappropriate, with knockouts it is even more difficult to win in multiplayer. I spent about 7,000 chips in the bugatti event and I got nothing but 39 diagrams, this selfish season, only 38 with an expense of 5300 chips that I joined, doing events, playing many races and doing the missions, I wonder if these 5300 chips were bought through real money, it is very probable that I would have the car, but as I had to join the game, it does not have the same value.
no avatar

ValentineM

Google Play (Android)

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:33 pm
I have created an account just to post in this thread, as the multiplayer is seriously ridiculous. I get matched up with Ferraris, etc, while I am queuing up in a BMW Z4. Not only that, I am in Bronze and I get matched up vs Silver and Gold. How in the world am I supposed to win or even come close?
The game gives me front starting spot, thank you, but that doesnt really help when I get rammed up my rear so hard that after respawning I am guaranteed to be trailing far behind.
If you ever decide to fix the crappy matchmaking system, let me know. Meanwhile, I am going to avoid spending a dime on the game.

P.s. while you're fixing it, create two categories too - people who love watching their car auto drive from start to finish and those who actually drive their cars. How the hell am I supposed to improve my driving skills in MP, as a new player, when everyone around just auto drives without a single crash. Smh. 

P.p.s: I left a similar review and poor rating on Play Store. I'll change it once you change the matchmaking.

https://imgur.com/vYI1wLC
https://imgur.com/KUHdwE9
https://imgur.com/EEBdmZC
https://imgur.com/aWXBhkm
https://imgur.com/AeeTrjh
https://imgur.com/nh7hVfR
https://imgur.com/4lk2peM
no avatar

Runinwitscizorz

Google Play (Android)

RE:Matchmaking: how does it work?

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:23 am
like everyone I think matchmakig in MP is total last season I went up over 1200 points from bronze to Platinum. This time I have a bunch D cars around the 1800s competing against level 2500+ C cars I just ****** play for the packs because the Gameloft established theory that the higher class cars are about to move up is FALSE. I know because I used to have the high ranked car. Now the cars I have access to are too low so I'm losing all my races. Only edge I have is that by now I've played so much that I've memorized all the maps. I hape an insane amount of rep points. MP SHOULD BE CAR VS. CAR.
no avatar

Boris Spangenberg

Apple (iOS)

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:11 pm
Multiplayer 2.0 ruins the game. I will stop playing. Totally stupid to race against much stronger cars from Gold Leage if you are in the Silver league. Just frustrating and unfair. MP is dead for my club and me as well.

Was interessting to read the comments from our club members. Everything goes in the same direction. We all were able to go into Platinum or Legend League. Now we stick in silver. Well done for you paying fans Gameloft.

cHooBeY Doo

Windows PC

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:27 pm
Fabien FromGameloft wrote:
Hey there racers!

How was your first weekend with Asphalt 9?

Some players are wondering how the matchmaking works in Asphalt 9. Here is an explanation: 

The matchmaking is based on your race results: As you win and lose against other players, your skill level changes to reflect how well you perform in the game.

Occasionally you will be matched against players that are driving cars that have higher ranks than yours. This means that:
  • they do not play as well as you and need a stronger car to reach your skill level
    OR
  • they are transitioning to their real skill level and will quickly move up the ranks

Our objective is to get all players to a point where almost every race is a fun challenge, racing against opponents that can go around the tracks about as fast as you!

You have noticed as well that when you climb up to a different league you gain the right to use extra cars.

This is used to protect newer players so that they don’t get matched against impossible odds.

When you get to the top of your league, you will start to be matched against players from the league above you. You will need to play at your best level to move to the next  league and access the extra rewards!

This statement seems outdated, please change to a more present version, it is slightly misleading.
We are frequently matched with players now who are 2-3 leagues above and it is not fun anymore due to many knockdowns per race and glitchers/cheaters. Please tell us where the fun is in that?!

Taercenn

Windows PC

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:13 pm
Matchmaking in this game was apparently coded by a monkey with an old Apple desktop. 

1. Grab up to 8 random people out of the queue.
2. Put them in a starting order based off point level (lowest in front to highest in back). 
3: Watch all things go to fecal matter in moments. 

There is no consideration for either personal points level, car rank or current league when they put together a race. Just random people, from random leagues, in random points of progression, tossed together for no apparent logical reason. The system is designed to keep too many (in their obvious opinion) from occupying any one particular league, so once you plateau, you are stuck. You will yo-yo up and down. 

And, if you are getting KD'd, don't plan on winning, shy of a miracle. One knockdown generally costs you everything. Leading the majority, only for one 360 at the 90% mark to knock you down and respawn just in time to take 6th-8th.

Then again, they did break sand in Windows, so I hold little hope of any real effort on their part to give Matchmaking and Multiplayer the attention and reworks they truly need/deserve.

Edit: Irony in the fact that they broke Sand in Windows.
Deleted

Deleted
no avatar

Keith Pereira

Apple (iOS)

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:03 pm
Hi
Sorry to post this here. This is completely out of topic. I am a new member but i cannot create any post.
I have open 3 ticket with GL for which i have still not received any update.
1. 18153233 and 18153081- I have not received reward for lamborghini centinanio and pininfarina car hunt riot it just said calculating and then disppeared .
no avatar

NitroBN

Windows PC

Fri May 03, 2019 2:32 pm
Here is the real ideology behind the system, 'we will pit you against impossible odds until we feel you deserve a decent run, then we will throw you in to the opposite of what you just suffered and you may progress, this will make it very clear and obvious its a pay to win game but we hope you don't have sufficient brain cells to notice that, because you need to be several sandwiches short of a picnic to pay our prices'.

In simpler terminology, Multiplayer matching making how it works: We want to make sure it works in such a way you line our pockets so you can feel like your winning, but your only winning because we are letting you do so.