no avatar

Wow2020

Apple (iOS)

Re: Matchmaking: how does it work?

Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:29 pm
I am in gold class now. And now I am outclassed, the fastest I have can’t compare to mine.
I am now 2200 and I have to race against cars that zoom by and the other people skills are most of the time 2800, 3000, 3500 or even higher.

Also I sometimes wonder why I play nice. When others have no problem killing me from behind or side.
Some races everybody zoom around me other they just kill me so I am 8th again instead of 4 when I am lucky.
Takes the fun out of it and sometime I think give honest guys 5 seconds to zoom by and after that kill or be killed.
no avatar

Wilko Derksen

Google Play (Android)

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:38 pm
IT suks its nor fear IT is unfear i race in 3001 ranking cat agains 4050 cat how in earht can i winn???
no avatar

OPR™️ | Party Hat

Windows PC

Ghost update to multiplayer

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:29 pm
How does everyone feel about the new change to multiplayer where you are in "ghost mode" for the first 10 seconds? This means that you drive straight through cars instead of losing your speed to a slower car blocking your path. 

It makes the game less of a realistic drag race, but it can prevent some frustration, which has value.
no avatar

OPR™️ | Party Hat

Windows PC

Starting position based on rank

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:34 pm
In multiplayer, your starting position is now determined by placing the highest rank players furthest back. This can feel unfair for the higher rank players, but overall, I think it is a step in the right direction to give a better chance to players with worse cars or less experience. Thanks to the first 10 seconds of "ghost mode" this isn't as punishing for the higher rank players since ghost mode makes us little less likely to get stuck behind slower cars.

Captain Nemo74

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Starting position based on rank

Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:21 am
OPR™️ | Party Hat wrote:
In multiplayer, your starting position is now determined by placing the highest rank players furthest back. This can feel unfair for the higher rank players, but overall, I think it is a step in the right direction to give a better chance to players with worse cars or less experience. Thanks to the first 10 seconds of "ghost mode" this isn't as punishing for the higher rank players since ghost mode makes us little less likely to get stuck behind slower cars.

Maybe you haven't been around long enough, but the posttion methodology varies from Series to Series. In the current World Series event. highest ranked is furthest back and in the Limited Series it is random. My feeling is random appears more often.
||
GAMELOFT'S MOTTO: "Buy or cry or die .......... the choice is yours!" ;)
no avatar

Wilko Derksen

Google Play (Android)

Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:08 pm
Now i no how it works it have noting to do White scill driving. Its the level off your garage if you. Can go further in MP games
no avatar

LifeisShort

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:39 am
No Wilko Derksen ...that's not how matchmaking works …..if you look at a players MP rating score you will find the higher scoring players to the rear and the lowest scoring players towards the front
no avatar

brewcrew

Apple (iOS)

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:12 pm
In my opinion, it doesn't work.  Just about every time I play I'm matched up against players that are ranked way ahead of me.   The race starts and I'm wrecked 2-3 times the first 15 seconds and I'll finish last or next to last about every game.   

That's not even touching on the glitching in the game.  I'll bet racing and see cars drop from the sky, disappear and  reappear and always in front of me.  

It's crazy that I still play the game, but I like the format.
no avatar

brewcrew

Apple (iOS)

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:20 pm
Totally agree!!!!!  I almost leveled up...I was like 9 points away.  Then I played the next game and somehow all the other cars were so much better than my car.  I was wrecked twice in the first 10-15 seconds abs finished last --- of course, and lost FORTY ONE POINTS!!!!! Really?  wrote:
Make MP fairer please.
Please, can we not lose quite so many points for losing???
The very Rare times us noobies are actually in a race where the cars are not so outmatched and we Win, the very next race when we Lose again and the points are all but gone. Why??? Because we are in Lower leagues, like myself, "Gold League" often versed against "Platinum league" cars and long time members with high end cars, that we can't even get close too and the Points loss is so high.
Making it so getting into a higher league, almost impossible. So the bigger rewards are unattainable. 
Its not Fair. 
I have the cars to compete in the "Platinum League" level, I'd love to use them, but only once, in all this time, have I made it, into "Platinum League".  It was awesome. Winning races in "Platinum League" was such a buzz.

For me personally, losing isn't the issue. The more races I do, the more practice I get, the better my driving. I love this game. 
But continually losing in "Gold League" to "Platinum league" players, or long time players, with high end cars, WITH the huge points loss is just an extra kick in the teeth. 
Why not just take 1 or 2 point for Losing??? 

Yes, I'm a Noobie, as I've have only played for 4 months. 
My progress 54% Completed. I am very active. I adore this game. And put cash into it. 
Please fix MP point system. 
Its not the kind of frustrating that makes us want to spend more, it just makes us Noobies want to uninstall.

no avatar

brewcrew

Apple (iOS)

Re: Starting position based on rank

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:25 pm
Honestly, I'd rather start at the back even though I might be the slowest.  At least that way, I won't be wrecked 2-3 times before the first turn.  Cars dropping out of the sky!!!  wrote: