no avatar

PatrikN

Windows PC

Re: Matchmaking: how does it work?

Thu May 16, 2019 9:56 am
How many bots using real names are in each MP race?
For example on Windows currently about 1800 players reached platinum. But anytime when I'll start race I can race against 6-8 different players. This would be possible only with much more higher number of players.

Captain Nemo74

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu May 16, 2019 12:03 pm
Last I remember, way back when I was stressing there had to be Bots in MP. Most responders said I was out to lunch, there were no Bots in MP. It will be interesting to see what they have to say to you about that now.
||
My wife (of 49 years), still thinks I should be able to read her mind. Is there a cure for that? Do I have to get innoculated?. ;)

Oldtool

Windows PC

Oz

Sat May 18, 2019 5:43 am
VapingSeed wrote:
Oldtool wrote:
Fast acceleration and high top speed might help some lower ranks but the fact that there is no cut-off point in the rank difference makes it  clear that GL is up to it's old trick of  frustrating  players into spending real money to muscle up. If you look at the middle (Gold) range you will see that the choice of available cars includes several models that you really have to buy because you will not get enough BPs through playing reguarly for years. As long as we're all bunched together with the cars we can acquire free within a year or so, knocking each other out seems to be the go. Not for me!

​I do not want to defend GL as you are right it is all about the money with them, but in gold you have the F12tdf which was easy to get till they made the multiplayer season where you get a lot of BP in Plat. and Legend a month long. Now it probably will need forever to get it. I am sorry for people who start now. I have it at 3* (missing 1 BP to max). I already have beaten maxed Corvettes, Apollos and Evos with it. On rare occasions you get BPs of the f12tdf in the MP Gold Packs (20 races) as well.
That you do not get the other cars without buying it is not true as well. I have the Apollo N at 3*, the Evo at 1* and the Corvette at 2*. Of course the Evo is with 1* pretty much useless. I got all BP from Packages that I purchased with tokens. Never spent real money on that cars.  Maxing these cars probably will need you some time if you do not want to spend money. Still I play since about 6 months, so if you need years to get the cars you are doing something wrong. All other cars in gold are very easy to get if you play enough.
You simply have to save tokens. If you finish every day your daily goals, you get 1650 alone for that every month. Daily goals are done in less than 20 minutes. If you are in a good club you get a bunch of tokens too.

When it comes to Kds I do not like them either in its current implementation. But not knocking down others simply leaves you vulnerable. A lot of players let you pass only to knock you down from behind. Or slow down only that you come on their side so they can spread a 360, press you into a wall, or push you in the water. It is very often not even important for them to win even though they have the car to do so. In a toxic environment like that, it is kill or get killed.

When it comes to high top speed I am not so a fan of cars like that. The Trion, Cien and the Vencer have that in their classes and it comes with a price to pay. Most of the times the price is nitro efficiency and or handling. I guess it depends a little bit on the track but I prefer cars with a good nitro efficiency and easy handling.
stop KD roadkill - animals are better people
        clans - boosters - hackers, all the same to me.

Oldtool

Windows PC

Oz

Sat May 18, 2019 6:43 am
VapingSeed wrote:

​I do not want to defend GL as you are right it is all about the money with them, but in gold you have the F12tdf which was easy to get till they made the multiplayer season where you get a lot of BP in Plat. and Legend a month long. Now it probably will need forever to get it. I....

you did a pretty good job  defending GL but your last sentence above confirms my point: it will take forever to get the best cars through BPs - unless you pay. I have most of the cars you mentioned. So I'll wait another year  and end up with more ok cars that take anothe year to star up..... We're all bunched up in a large mid field and the only way out is to race a lot, win some, lose some - I get it and I know I can make PL if I race a lot. It would just be so much easier and more pleasant without KDs.
stop KD roadkill - animals are better people
        clans - boosters - hackers, all the same to me.

Taercenn

Windows PC

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:06 pm
Such an ironic thread/topic.

Is this a trick question? We all know the matchmaking system in A9 is ****.

Answer: It does not work.
Deleted

Deleted

Taercenn

Windows PC

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:08 pm
To learn more about how matchmaking works in A9, study the image below carefully. ;-) 
Deleted

Deleted
no avatar

Fitness1st

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:51 pm
After having read this, it seems there is not a single person who supports the way matchmaking is made in A9.  My question is, after your entire community tells you that your game is crap, why do you still do nothing to fix it?

Taercenn

Windows PC

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:09 am
Fitness1st wrote:
After having read this, it seems there is not a single person who supports the way matchmaking is made in A9.  My question is, after your entire community tells you that your game is crap, why do you still do nothing to fix it?

Here is why there is no real support for Asphalt 9.

https://twitter.com/gameloft/status/1138893604846538753
Deleted

Deleted

Captain Nemo74

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:53 am
Is this what you are talking about?

'Our team is busy busy showcasing new titles!"

Hundreds of other posts relating to all titles there. so I am guessing you are a funny guy like me and are pointing out the BS that spews from Gameshaft. Check out my response to Adriennes "every body loves KD's" post.
||
My wife (of 49 years), still thinks I should be able to read her mind. Is there a cure for that? Do I have to get innoculated?. ;)
no avatar

Gargoyle929

Windows PC

Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:09 pm
I guess it wouldnt be that big of a deal if you weren't matched with cars ranked literally twice as high as you over and over so they smash the crap out of your car 3-5 times every race making it impossible to advance. Ranked 1528 against the next lowest, 2960 and up.