Matchmaking: how does it work?

Moderators: Cycona2704, MVP, Moderator, Dev Team

no avatar

MotoEngineer

Apple (iOS)

Re: Matchmaking: how does it work?

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:21 pm
Is there a way to have match made using both factors? I'd love to be at Rank with similar cars.
no avatar

JC Fit

Apple (iOS)

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:54 pm
I wish I read this months ago...I played on my iPad pro which mean I have to used touch drive which automatically lowers my skill level as I can hit any apex (intentionally) all I can control is my brake distance. Your matching making is a mess...
no avatar

Perinormel1

Apple (iOS)

Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:36 am
Your matchmaking is
G
A
R
B
A
G
E
100% Pure cancer.
no avatar

redfishsc

Windows PC

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:47 pm
My gosh the pairing in this game is utter trash. Make it car rank vs car rank.  Whatever logarithm the game uses to factor in skill level, it's broke as hell and ought to be a massive embarrasment to Gameloft.

It's really **** that you get good enough with your car that you can win the occasional race and then you start getting paired up against cars that you couldn't possibly beat unless they were piloted by drunk sloths with broken arms. 

I was racing with the 370Z today (nearly maxed out other than a few "import parts") and doing fairly well then they put me in a series of races against W70s, Asterions, and Huayras.  Which of course I came in dead freaking last every time.
no avatar

redfishsc

Windows PC

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:48 pm
For what it's worth, I am convinced that they use "skill level" as a way of nerfing certain players, most likely those that pay little/none.
no avatar

KOREY87

Windows PC

HOW TO REPORT CHEATERS?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 pm
HELLO TO EVERYONE READING, I DO HOPE THIS MESSAGE FINDS YOU IN BETTER SITUATIONS THAN I FIND MYSELF. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO REPORT A CHEATER, PLEASE. I HAVE BEEN RUNNING MULTIPLAYER SINCE OCTOBER, AND HAVE RECENTLY DISCOVERED PEOPLE BEATING ME, EVEN THOUGH THE GAME SHOWS THAT I HAVE 7 CARS BEHIND ME. I'VE ALSO BEEN EXPERIENCING CARS THAT APPEAR ONLY AS A RED DIGITIZATION, COMPLETE ONLY WITH EXHAUST. CAN ANYONE HELP ME, PLEASE?
no avatar

KOREY87

Windows PC

Re: HOW TO REPORT CHEATERS?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 pm
ALSO, I AM USING A PERSONAL COMPUTER, IF THAT'S OF HELP TO ANYONE. IF YOU NEED MY RANK SETTINGS: I AM CURRENTLY IN THE TOP 1200 OF MULTIPLAYER, HAVE 90% CAREER COMPLETION AND OTHER DETAILS I'M SURE I'M NOT REMEMBERING. HOPEFULLY THIS IS HELPFUL TO ANYONE THAT MAY BE ABLE TO POINT ME IN THE CORRECT DIRECTION.
no avatar

KOREY87

Windows PC

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:28 pm
redfishsc wrote:
My gosh the pairing in this game is utter trash. Make it car rank vs car rank.  Whatever logarithm the game uses to factor in skill level, it's broke as hell and ought to be a massive embarrasment to Gameloft.

It's really ****** that you get good enough with your car that you can win the occasional race and then you start getting paired up against cars that you couldn't possibly beat unless they were piloted by drunk sloths with broken arms. 

I was racing with the 370Z today (nearly maxed out other than a few "import parts") and doing fairly well then they put me in a series of races against W70s, Asterions, and Huayras.  Which of course I came in dead freaking last every time.

HEY REDFISH, I UNDERSTAND ENTIRELY. I'VE BEEN GETTING INTO MATCHES WITH RACERS THAT ARE EASILY BEATING ME BY 1000 RANK POINTS (VEHICLE, NOT LEAGUE), AND THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT EXCEPT WAGER THAT I WILL LOSE FEWER POINTS BY DISCONNECTING EARLY, AS OPPOSED TO STAYING IN THE "RACE" AND ENDING UP BEING LAST, NOT COUNTING THE TIMES WHEN I AM KNOCKED DOWN AND FULLY INCAPABLE OF GAINING EVEN 7TH. HOPE YOU THE BEST POSSIBLE MATCHES THOUGH, AS THIS VARIANT SEEMS TO BE CALLED "MULTISLAYER" AND NOT "MULTIPLAYER".

Captain Nemo74

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:24 pm
@KOREY87: You are typing within the quoted posters quotes. When quoting you need to move your cursor to the bottom right of the quote until you see a red arrow. Click on the arrow and you will get a flashing cursor left and below the quotes. Begin typing your response there. Oh, and please do not type in all Caps unless you are copying Caps from the screen as an example. Caps are considered "shouting".
||
I wanted to write "something funny" here, and then I realized "something funny" isn't that funny, but I wrote it twice anyway.  ;)
no avatar

KOREY87

Windows PC

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:10 pm
CAPTAIN NEMO74, I TYPE LIKE THIS WITH CONCERN FOR PEOPLE WITH PRESBYOPIA, BUT THANK YOU FOR THE LESSON. AS FOR YOUR FURTHER ADVICE, I SEE NO RED FLASHING ARROWS OR ANYTHING THAT GIVES ME THE ABILITY TO REPLY OTHER THAN WITH "REPLY WITH QUOTE". IT MAY BEHOOVE YOU TO KNOW THAT WHEN YOU'RE USING SOMEONE'S NAME, IN EXEMPLUM, "@KOREY87", IT'S JUST AS EASY TO TYPE, "KOREY87, (INSERT MONOLOGUE HERE)".