leadfoot

Windows PC

Re: Matchmaking: how does it work?

Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:32 am
Without a doubt car ranking trumps skill ranking. Also it should be a lot harder to take someone down, it's ridiculous that someone with a much faster car can whiz by sideswiping you and sending you to the back of the pack where you have a very slim chance of finishing anywhere but last. After getting taken down by faster cars and clowns who just start spinning 360's as soon as their car is moving fast enough and then finishing last 9 out of 10 times I just start quitting the race instead of wasting my time in a race I have very little chance of finishing anywhere but last. I also noticed that races are starting with 8 racers, roughly half of them with cars ranked at 1800 or higher and the rest ranked from 1200 to 1600. Why not just split that into 2 races with 4 racers in each race, the faster cars in one and the slower cars in the other, until more racers start joining multiplayer? On another note has anyone noticed how similar this game is to NFS no limits?

TeddySadcat

Google Play (Android)

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:37 am
You have 3 full pages of complaints, all boiling down to the same thing: Skill Rank-based matchmaking is far worse than Car Rank-based. People liked the Asphalt 8 matchmaking and hated the current one. Simple as that.

I will be surprised if the developers kept on insisting this matchmaking method instead of replacing it entirely. Having your company ran by a bunch of corgis isn't a good idea, Gameloft.

LontruS

Windows PC

Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:07 am
Matchmaking is one thing in this game other is that why will i always start the race in the last position ?
I understand i get bigger rank cars then i have but i still start in the last position and it's always so. Bigger rank cars should start always from the last position that would make it a fair start. While bigger rank cars already have advantage with faster car they will be gone and not able to catch them anyways. While they start from last position it will be more fair for lower slower car drivers.
no avatar

Red Spade

Windows PC

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:03 pm
So matchmaking is based on "skill" instead of car ranks? That's the dumbest thing gameloft could ever do (or is it?) considering there's an auto drive mode. This is the only racing game where multiplayer matchmaking allows absurd differences in car ranking and class.

The supposed "skill" rating is not even consistently measured as the game pits players hundreds, if not thousands, of car ranks apart. The game blindly sees that 1st place win as coming from skill, instead of the hundred point difference in car ranking. Even in the real world, cars with differing horsepower in the hundreds are as different as night and day. Even the single player levels clearly identify car rank as the benchmark whether your car is even on par with the AI cars.

The devs can say that this glaring difference in car ranks during matchmaking is due to the low player count of the new game. But that's because the devs themselves designed to game to be as fragmented as possible, making the progression really slow.The acquisition of cars and upgrades here is the most inconsistent in all of the series. Even with deep pockets, players are still subject to the inconsistency of random chance.
no avatar

InHiding

Apple (iOS)

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:55 pm
This is what happens when game designers have too much time in their hands and get blinded by their ideas. The MP is a complete joke as it now. Fire the people who came up with these ideas please. Also when you get back to car rank based MP them make the rank differences smaller than they were in previous games.

Kiss_Robert

Apple (iOS)

Romania

Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:32 pm
Make it so that people cannot 360 without 2nd stage nitro (blue one) and a minimum of at least 200 km/h, this number rising with the car rank aswell. Problem solved. This would make 360 usage more skill based and not as toxic. Or just remove it completely from MP, cuz it’s cancer. Not to mention the matchmaking system, altogether, this was my worst multiplayer experience in a game and also the most unfair. I will not play multiplayer anymore.
If you cannot see the problem, doesn't mean it's not there.
no avatar

Spudanky

Apple (iOS)

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:19 am
Kiss_Robert wrote:
Make it so that people cannot 360 without 2nd stage nitro (blue one) and a minimum of at least 200 km/h, this number rising with the car rank aswell. Problem solved. This would make 360 usage more skill based and not as toxic. Or just remove it completely from MP, cuz it’s cancer. Not to mention the matchmaking system, altogether, this was my worst multiplayer experience in a game and also the most unfair. I will not play multiplayer anymore.

This. Many times I’ve suggested a minimum top speed for 360. My first post about it was months ago during soft launch, and never got any follow up after a mod responded to my comment. It’s a good comprise for people both for and against 360s.
no avatar

vishnava

Windows PC

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:33 am
Your Matchmaking Rating (MMR) is a number that Riot uses to determine your skill, and when matchmaking, the skill of your opponents. Everyone’s MMR starts at the same point when playing a queue for the first time. It goes up when you win, and goes down when you lose. When looking for games to put you in, it will look for other players whose numbers are close to yours. You have a separate MMR in each queue, so you can climb in one queue without it affecting others. file your tax this monsoon through (link removed)
no avatar

Speedster2018

Windows PC

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:19 pm
Hi! ich brauche hilfe zwecks aktivierung/ nutzung von xbox live! da ich meine preise nicht einfordern kann! verwende windows 10! wie erhalte ich dennoch meine preise auf die ich nicht zugreifen kann bzw, einfordern kann? habe mich schon an gameloft gewandt, aber bist jetzt noch keine antwort erhalten! wenn jemand eine lösung hat oder wie ich meine preise eifordern kann soll mir schreiben! meines wissens nach hat man nur 2 wochen zeit um die preise einzufordern! und die zeit läuft bald ab! danke schon mal im voraus für die tips und hilfen!
no avatar

InHiding

Apple (iOS)

Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:02 pm
The knockdown mechanism needs fixes IMO.

if you land on top of someone doing a 360 you get knocked down. That’s just wrong...

grazing someone’s side knocks them down way too easy. Generally knockdowns are too easy.

also: nobody should be able to knock down someone doing a shockwave. That is wrong...

360 needs to be removed from the game entirely but most def from the MP.

It’s like Sony Online Entertainment got to make some of the design choices in this game. All their games are dead now...