Kiss_Robert

Apple (iOS)

Romania

Re: Matchmaking: how does it work?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:20 am
Ok, so i’ve been playing the game almost non-stop since launched in the app store. Everything is good, but not multiplayer. The matchmaking is just absolutely ridiculous. Not being matched against impossible odds? I alwyas get matched against impossible odds, not to mention the takedown system. 360 takedown? C’mon, you don’t even need skill and speed for that and you absolutely destroy the race for the one you took down or viceversa. In this game if someone performs a takedown on you or viceversa, you have absolutely no chance at winning the race if you don’t have a much better car or way too upgraded or your opponents are total potatoes and make mistakes that you can profit from, which is highly unlikely. Multiplayer in this state is far from fair, fun and enjoyable, as you market it to be. C’mon, you can do better than this. Leave out p2w aspects at least for this game in MP. Thank you
If you cannot see the problem, doesn't mean it's not there.
no avatar

Spudanky

Apple (iOS)

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:26 pm
Kiss_Robert wrote:
Ok, so i’ve been playing the game almost non-stop since launched in the app store. Everything is good, but not multiplayer. The matchmaking is just absolutely ridiculous. Not being matched against impossible odds? I alwyas get matched against impossible odds, not to mention the takedown system. 360 takedown? C’mon, you don’t even need skill and speed for that and you absolutely destroy the race for the one you took down or viceversa. In this game if someone performs a takedown on you or viceversa, you have absolutely no chance at winning the race if you don’t have a much better car or way too upgraded or your opponents are total potatoes and make mistakes that you can profit from, which is highly unlikely. Multiplayer in this state is far from fair, fun and enjoyable, as you market it to be. C’mon, you can do better than this. Leave out p2w aspects at least for this game in MP. Thank you

I’ve been playing since soft launch and haven’t spent money on the game, and have finally gotten to a place where MP feels fun/unfair in my favor. I agree that the Pay2Win system in games ruins them. Games should be moving beyond that system by now. A9’s isn’t as bad as some games out there, but still it isn’t very good. 

Still your skills will help you do better. You can avoid getting 360 KD with more practice, although I’d love to see some kinda speed requirement needed to execute a powerful 360, to prevent early KDs off the starting line. You can totally comeback from a KD if you understand the way A9 works, and use nitro well, as well as utilizing airspeed with various ramps. Study tracks and learn to use them to your benefit. 

These frustrating P2W systems aren’t going anywhere soon, so learn to manage and get better, spend some money, or quit the game.

Kiss_Robert

Apple (iOS)

Romania

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:17 pm
Thank you for the tips man, i really appreciate. From what i understand, you are insinuating that i get some skillz. I can understand that, even tho i’m a long time Asphalt player. Anyway, i usually spend money on games that i like and are well made and also fair and balanced, i have a job and i afford it, although i only spend money on games that i think deserve it and don’t try to rip off their customers or constantly syphon their wallets if they want to enjoy the game. I don’t even consider spending money on a game that matches my 1700+ car against 2300+ ones. I can understand if playerbase is currently scarce and that’s the reason for the big gaps, but i don’t understand when companies market this as fair and not be honest instead and tell the truth, until playerbase grows and more strict matchmaking parameters can be introduced. No matter what i do, how much i try, i just can’t win races, always getting last places, 6,7,8, sometimes, but very rarely, i win or get better places than the ones i enumerated. I am not some kind of potato just complaining on the forums, without trying as much as i can to understand the game. I am managing to win career races with much higher rank requirement than my cars, so i somewhat trained to outplay opponents by trial and error, learning the tracks and managing nitro at the right times. I will gladly start pouring money into this game aswell, when it will be fair and will not force me to pay more and more to progress at every trap they set up that make it difficult for players to move on from that point. Thank you again and i hope my feedback will mean something and will help the averages that populate the game
If you cannot see the problem, doesn't mean it's not there.
no avatar

TuNeneJugueton

Apple (iOS)

I can't begin to say how bad the developers came up with the so called fair based matchmaking. No way that a Nissan is gonna beat a Lamborghini but that's what they call fair. And to top it off people pre register for items and do t receive them what kind d of incentive is that when promises are made and not honored?
no avatar

Future_Knight

Apple (iOS)

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:03 am
I can make it up to platin, but legendary is just impossible with that matchmaking! For two days I get only 800-1400 higher ranked cars... This is just ridiculous! Dodge Challanger 1500 vs Astin Martin Vulcan 2900... yeah sure. Stay in reason with the rank differences.
No matter how good I drive manually they can so easily wreck me even without nitro cause of the acceleration differences.
This is getting way to frustrating. Please dont go over 400 rank difference.
no avatar

lospe123196

Windows PC

Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:54 pm
Imagetoo many hackers on multiplayer please fix.
no avatar

Aaftab Rockss

Apple (iOS)

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:51 pm
The matchmaking in Asphalt 9: Legends is very different from Asphalt 8: Airborne. In A8, the matchmaking was possible through the ranks of the car. But, in A9 the matchmaking is based on the player rating which is not good. If I'm in a Legend League and using a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, I've got to face opponents using the Ferrari FXX K! I think, this 'new' matchmaking system is not worth it.
no avatar

GTX5000HP

Apple (iOS)

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:31 pm
Touhidul Hoque wrote:
That's just plain ******.
We want car rank vs car rank.
Not skill (650 car rank) vs skill (1800 car rank).
Just think about it
How anyone supposed to beat in a straight road with that much difference?

Are the developers nuts or going crazy?
I am literally pissed off by the matchmaking system

Developers on weeds and booze they dont care, a platinum league player with 2200 rank aston martin vulcan joining in gold league with my porsche 1800 rank what a joke matchmaking is. Its like 10 year old get fooked by juggernaut.

Motor Away

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:59 pm
If you're not a soft-launcher and you've made it into the Legend league (as I have), there's no point in playing more than a few races daily after that.  They're inevitably going to match you against long-time A9 players driving 3,500+ ranked vehicles.  You are allowed 1 disconnect per day at no loss of rating.  When you're placed in an unwinnable race, I recommend that you disconnect (even as just a protest of sorts) and stop playing MP for the day.  After 1 month of playing, I've not gotten a single useful card from the MP packs, so the rewards are also pointless.

Motor Away

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:17 pm
Aaftab Rockss wrote:
The matchmaking in Asphalt 9: Legends is very different from Asphalt 8: Airborne. In A8, the matchmaking was possible through the ranks of the car. But, in A9 the matchmaking is based on the player rating which is not good. If I'm in a Legend League and using a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, I've got to face opponents using the Ferrari FXX K! I think, this 'new' matchmaking system is not worth it.

While the current matchmaking is very flawed, I don't agree that players in the Legend league should be allowed to use a Lancer in MP.   They should block certain cars from the selection once you reach a better league.  (And I understand that the fuel system restricts the cars that we can use, but there's no valid reason for you to be using the slowest car in the game when you're ranked in the Legend league.  I think that it would be reasonable to block out all D and most of the C-class cars once a player reaches the Platinum and Legend league.)