Captain Nemo74

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Matchmaking: how does it work?

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:27 pm
SPRINITA wrote:
duke nuke em wrote:
Another load of crap from admin.
Given the amazing variety of track style and length, lower rated cars simply aren't competitive with the faster cars on certain tracks regardless of driver skill. For example the quick 20 second downhill ski jump one. Higher rated cars reach a much higher max speed much quicker than the lower cars and it simply impossible to catch up before the finish line.  The same goes for tracks with a lot of straight lines.  I would think most short tracks are quite difficult even for the proest of pros to beat a high rated car with a low one.

Hundreds of racers beat higher ranked cars with cars ranked 2K lower every day. They are called Hackers!  Get used to it! :)
||
GAMELOFT'S MOTTO: "Buy or cry or die .......... the choice is yours!" ;)
no avatar

milesroudette1o1

Google Play (Android)

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:15 pm
Fabien FromGameloft wrote:
Hey there racers!

How was your first weekend with Asphalt 9?

Some players are wondering how the matchmaking works in Asphalt 9. Here is an explanation: 

The matchmaking is based on your race results: As you win and lose against other players, your skill level changes to reflect how well you perform in the game.

Occasionally you will be matched against players that are driving cars that have higher ranks than yours. This means that:
  • they do not play as well as you and need a stronger car to reach your skill level
    OR
  • they are transitioning to their real skill level and will quickly move up the ranks

Our objective is to get all players to a point where almost every race is a fun challenge, racing against opponents that can go around the tracks about as fast as you!

You have noticed as well that when you climb up to a different league you gain the right to use extra cars.

This is used to protect newer players so that they don’t get matched against impossible odds.

When you get to the top of your league, you will start to be matched against players from the league above you. You will need to play at your best level to move to the next  league and access the extra rewards!
no avatar

chilaw2004@gmail.com

Nintendo Switch

Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:02 am
I have to say that I can't figure out why I consistently see Gold level players with good cars in my Silver league races! Sometimes it makes it really hard for me to get out of Silver and back to Gold after a season restarts.

Maxtral

Google Play (Android)

Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:04 pm
The pairings are still unbalanced, with the number of players in the world there are, you could match people with the same category of car and within that category based on the level of skill, because as good as I am given the Driving my class D car, I have nothing to do with a player who drives a class A car no matter how bad this one is.

Blaize

Nintendo Switch

Australia

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:29 pm
Make MP fairer please.
Please, can we not lose quite so many points for losing???
The very Rare times us noobies are actually in a race where the cars are not so outmatched and we Win, the very next race when we Lose again and the points are all but gone. Why??? Because we are in Lower leagues, like myself, "Gold League" often versed against "Platinum league" cars and long time members with high end cars, that we can't even get close too and the Points loss is so high.
Making it so getting into a higher league, almost impossible. So the bigger rewards are unattainable. 
Its not Fair. 
I have the cars to compete in the "Platinum League" level, I'd love to use them, but only once, in all this time, have I made it, into "Platinum League".  It was awesome. Winning races in "Platinum League" was such a buzz.

For me personally, losing isn't the issue. The more races I do, the more practice I get, the better my driving. I love this game. 
But continually losing in "Gold League" to "Platinum league" players, or long time players, with high end cars, WITH the huge points loss is just an extra kick in the teeth. 
Why not just take 1 or 2 point for Losing??? 

Yes, I'm a Noobie, as I've have only played for 4 months. 
My progress 54% Completed. I am very active. I adore this game. And put cash into it. 
Please fix MP point system. 
Its not the kind of frustrating that makes us want to spend more, it just makes us Noobies want to uninstall.
no avatar

gpc64

Apple (iOS)

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:28 pm
Great.
no avatar

taehani324

Google Play (Android)

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:07 pm
Hmm, Ive also been thinking about the MatchMaking. Its really weird how Im matched up by people who are way better than me.

Taercenn

Windows PC

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:00 pm
It uses an algorithm based around a monkey throwing p.o.o at a board and seeing what it hits. It was conceived by the lowest bidding con artist they could find. Kinda like the rest of the game.
no avatar

pipes

Apple (iOS)

Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:43 pm
Registered just to post this. 

Last season, I made it through to the Legends League. Was a slog and got there about a day before the season finished. But never felt I was truly out of my depth, racing against similar cars.

This season is a shocker though. I've had maybe 100 races in the Silver League, all in my daft little, fully upgraded DS E-Tense at level 1976 against seven more cars at level 3500. It's a bit alarming watching them all disappear into the distance after the first ten seconds of a race. That first ten seconds being the time where we can somehow just drive through each other without any kind of impact. 

If, by some fluke, I manage to get slightly ahead, I get careered into by someone who just appears on my roof out of nowhere, leaving me once again in 8th place. If, again by some fluke, i manage to get close to someone and try to knock them out from behind, either I get knocked down, or they magically reappear ahead of me again. 

This game is on its backside and the difficulty of progression is making it unplayable. I don't want it to be easy, but would like a chance.
no avatar

pipes

Apple (iOS)

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:51 pm
Another day of getting slaughtered by much better cars and getting smashed by suddenly appearing flickering cars.

How difficult is it to match players with the three closest in points below and above in the league?