SECTOR 8 REMAKE

Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:02 am
asphalt 9 should make a similar map like sector 8 featured in asphalt 8
no avatar

JG10

Windows PC

Re: Matchmaking: how does it work?

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:54 am
Great, now I cannot succeed in MP. Thanks GL.
I am just a beginner in A9, and I drive a C-class SRT8 and facing against cars 600-900 ranks above me + Platinum League Players.
My rating will constantly drop because of this.
Thanks GL, thanks.
Please fix the MP system in A9.
no avatar

Monkey D. Luffy

Google Play (Android)

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:54 am
i think it is a good way to the matchmaking
but !!!!!!!!
in limits
not super skill(rank 1400) vs poor skill(rank 2500) !!!!!
with that way the super skill player wont benefits from his skill
think about it
at least it will be sweet if
super player rank 1400 vs poor skill rank 1600 or 1700
for eg
no avatar

Lael Langley

Google Play (Android)

Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:34 pm
Because those higher ranked car owners paid for that car ...while you all are thinking this game is free to play.. Please do not forget every Asphalt by gameloft is a paid to win game.
no avatar

AussieTd

Apple (iOS)

Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 am
anx wrote:
Hello. Made an account just for this haha.
I am pretty new to Asphalt in general. Dabbled around in A8 and AX but they never really sucked me in the way A9 is.

I haven't even touched multiplayer yet but I already see some major inherit flaws of having matchmaking based on just skill rating alome rather than vehcle rating or a combination of the two.

Firstly and most obvious to me:
Given the amazing variety of track style and length, lower rated cars simply aren't competitive with the faster cars on certain tracks regardless of driver skill. For example the quick 20 second downhill ski jump one. Higher rated cars reach a much higher max speed much quicker than the lower cars and it simply impossible to catch up before the finish line.  The same goes for tracks with a lot of straight lines.  I would think most short tracks are quite difficult even for the proest of pros to beat a high rated car with a low one.

Secondly, if multiplayer racing is based on skill rating alone and nothing else. Let's say months down the road I've worked my way up the ranks and want to just kick it in a slower car for a while. Is it pretty much guaranteed that I'm never going to be able to have any good races since everyone else will be using whatever the fastest car possible is. 

Again I've never played the multiplayer myself yet and maybe I don't fully understand some things. But the way I see it we have a competitive "ladder" style ranked racing mode, and we have nothing for the casual players who just want to chill and drive slower cars. Or just y'know not try to win all the time. I think a good solution would be to introduce an unranked mode with either creatable restricted rooms or preset divisions to choose from so that players have the option of racing with others in identical/specific cars. 

Alternatively, keeping things the same but adding some weight into the player's car stats alongside their skill level. I'm sure over time data will show exactly which cars are unfairly fast on each course

I don't know maybe we're just over reacting 😂i

i do like the idea of unranked mode for multiplayer

no avatar

dwighter

Windows PC

Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:09 pm
I can not log in to matchmaking Samsung Galaxy S6 :(

https://stylufka.pl/jakie-sa-pierwsze-objawy-ciazy/

Driver_7633

Google Play (Android)

Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:19 pm
dwighter wrote:
I can not log in to matchmaking Samsung Galaxy S6 :(

Did you cheat? ;) 

What does it say?
Device: Nvidia Shield k1
no avatar

Future_Knight

Apple (iOS)

Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:02 am
I am also for a more car rank based matchmaking. You simply cant beat cars with 800+ more rank. They just swoosh by you.
Also a bit more country wise matchmaking would be great. I allways have a bad internet connection while playing against chinese, turkish and american people... resulting in weird knowdowns of them to me, or no knockdowns when I hit them! I had several times now, that I landed ON them from above, was still driving a lot on their backs, but they dont get wrecked, but I getting slowed down...

mhamedo

MC5 Snapping Turtle

Google Play (Android)

Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:31 pm
Future_Knight wrote:
Also a bit more country wise matchmaking would be great. I allways have a bad internet connection while playing against chinese, turkish and american people... resulting in weird knowdowns of them to me, or no knockdowns when I hit them! I had several times now, that I landed ON them from above, was still driving a lot on their backs, but they dont get wrecked, but I getting slowed down...

+1 

Always a pleasure to see someone just woosh by and knock you out instantly......

Also a pleasure to 360 someone who's not using nitro but they don't get knocked out and you slow down to a halt....

::)

Fabien FromGameloft

Community Manager

Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:38 pm
Thanks for the comments. We are keeping a keen eye on the multiplayer.