Jesko Grand Prix Round 5

Moderators: Cycona2704, MVP, Moderator, Dev Team

no avatar

Bearded_One

Windows PC

Jesko Grand Prix Round 5

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:52 pm
Something I noticed. There were times I started to slow down right before the finish. I thought It was just me. But every 3rd run I would slow down, right before the finish even with nitro still burning. I could hear the engine drop. It went from wraaaaaaa to hrrrrrrrrrrr, about 20ft before the finish.
Is anyone else seeing this?
no avatar

Bearded_One

Windows PC

Re: Jesko Grand Prix Round 5

Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:49 am
Stood a really good chance to beat 38sec, when the game reset. It shouldn't matter if the round was over. The race wasn't finished.

Small Furia

Windows PC

Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:03 pm
To my mind these GP events look like as one big fat mistake. If I could make 00.39... on the 5th round, some polish racer (1st place) made it for just 00.36... Should I even try to compete with him? Nope, there is no chance at all for a player like me.
4/5 of the Windows players are playing GPs just for small rewards offered in between.
As to the problem mentioned above - yes, I've met such GL tricks before. They are like this:
1. my car suddenly lost the speed right before the finish line
2. my car after the take off the ramp and touching the ground by all 4 wheels when landed suddenly exploded
3. my car started to run in wrong direction
4. the time left suddenly started to run faster right before the finish line
5. for some reasons the opponent's car is flying the longest distance than my and running faster on the straight way (even when I use full nitro and shockwave)
So 3 attempts given are not enough to show the best times we can make.
It cann't be difficult to be honest with your teammates and with yourself.
no avatar

Bearded_One

Windows PC

Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:22 am
Agreed. The best I could do Round 6 was 35.6sec. The next fastest 35.09sec walked away after the second ramp every time.
I'd have the better line off the ramp, but this guy somehow even with shockwave, passed right over me.
It was all over after that.
There were laps after the first turn, once I entered the dirt section up to the first ramp, my car would noticeably lose speed.
Or my shockwave would run out really fast. Like a mud bog racer (mraap), done in less than a sec.
Makes you wonder how these guys are getting 33 - 34sec laps.