no avatar

Momozzz

Google Play (Android)

Time to eliminate knockdowns in MP

Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:58 pm
I am sure that I am not the first to post this, but here goes.

I enjoy the game thoroughly and although there are some things that could be fixed, it is definately a great game.  However, it is time to remove the knockdown from MP.  Reaching the different goals in the seasons are hard enough, and when your dealing with getting knocked down 1 or 2 times per race then it really removes the fun aspect from it.

Consistently I finish in the top 2 when I am not knocked down, but that is maybe 1 out of 5 races.  The rest of the time I am struggling to finish in 6th place because of getting knocked down.

Time to remove that aspect and let us all win on our own merits.  Please Gameloft, at least discuss it.  Thank you
no avatar

mattb2000

Apple (iOS)

Re: Time to eliminate knockdowns in MP

Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:51 am
I agree with you on this issue. I constantly get knocked down and it ruins an entire race and takes the fun out of it. Also, it’s impossible to avoid and near impossible to recover from.

Hasenbock

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:45 am
Yeh and I would also set a 2 second punishment, if one player do 360 on track spots that make no sense other then KD others to bring benefits to the guy who did 360.
Also punishment to players who drive into others only for fun to distroy their cars by KD.

A race must stay a race and no unfair behavior.

I think about learning manual to have a weapon against such eggless or ****** less idiots.

And do something against those undistroyable cars with red connections. There are ways to slow them down if the connection was too bad. That would be one way...
no avatar

Jimmy_Thoms

Windows PC

USA

Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:22 am
either remove them or change it to 25 to 30 seconds before any kd can happen, 10 seconds isn't enough time for a race to even really develop and it adds ****** luck to every start

Myd!ckisburnin

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:28 pm
I hate the 360 more than anything else in this game. I only do 360s in some of the jumps just to gain a bit of nitro, not in all of them and usually i dont kd nobody unless i didnt see them or they came from nowhere. But theres people that do that because it seems fun to them and they 360 the entire track.
They should do this, but they wont and i highly doubt it, 2 types of multy one with the 360 on and one off. Let them do as much as many 360 they like but far away from me.
no avatar

Momozzz

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 pm
Update:

Every freaking race!  I landed on top of a car in the midst of a nitro blast and I got knocked down!

Figure it out GL.
no avatar

Jimmy_Thoms

Windows PC

USA

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:37 pm
or the two cars in drift not even traveling fast touch one gets kded, it's a 50/50 on who's getting the kd because the programming is half assed not finished, their developers got lost somewhere along the way writing the code for kds got stumped said fk it good enough for production we're done. they know its fkd up but they won't admit it

TheFabulous3921

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:05 am
For the beginning of a race, I would set a 20 second Ghost-Mode (If you see/play Forza Horizon 4 you know what I mean). It will simply reduce the fight and will let the players to take a position on the track. Also, knockdowns are totally broken and glitchy, especially on the new Rome tracks and the Himalayan variant, Downhill Run, when you hit the player very hard from behind and logically, he is supposed to get KDed, but actually in this case you are dead. #FixKnockdownSystem (OR completely remove it)
Play whatever the **** you want in guitar stores, even The Forbidden Riff. Long Live Rock  8-)

LontruS

Windows PC

Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:29 pm
Hasenbock wrote:
Yeh and I would also set a 2 second punishment, if one player do 360 on track spots that make no sense other then KD others to bring benefits to the guy who did 360.
Also punishment to players who drive into others only for fun to distroy their cars by KD.

A race must stay a race and no unfair behavior.

I think about learning manual to have a weapon against such eggless or ****** less idiots.

And do something against those undistroyable cars with red connections. There are ways to slow them down if the connection was too bad. That would be one way...

With Touch Drive on you cant avoid driving into cars and knock them down. But this KD system was told to be random but it isnt.
I get blocked by bad connection only and never KD them. A lot of races where i lose so much speed cause of they block or then lag and KD me. I am in a point where i let the game play with lotus or beast on auto drive just to slow farm rep for club as it's stress free. Not really a point to play with all the good  cars i have from B and A class if i get knocked down and result is same 41 rep for club then i let the game play on it's own.

KD system needs some serious rework. It punish you from 2 seconds to 10 seconds. Depends on where you are. If there is a longer jump or even two in a row then it may even punish you 15 seconds. You will be so far behind that even with the fastest car in the game you cant catch up even a lancer if you lose 15 seconds.

Ground 360 should be very high risk and not like it is right now. It should slow you down and have high risk on crashing. So you do it as tactical way and think before you do it. Not just do it to ruin some other player race.

But then again if they remove it we will be stuck behind TD players and  TD players will be like a train stuck behind slower car on what they cant get past cause there are no options to change lane or something to get past other TD players.

Violo

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:35 pm
Gameloft, are you listening? Please don't come here again to say that most people enjoy knockdowns, because they do not. In fact, the people that actually play the game properly utterly hate it. Take note and take action! ⚠