Moderators: Moderator, Dev Team

no avatar

Ivana from Gameloft

Community Manager

WPO Feedback

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:46 am
Generals, 
It's Global Conquest time!  p)

Let us know what you think about War Planet Online.
What is it that you like the most about the game and what you don't like? What else you want to see in the game?

We are looking forward to your feedback!
no avatar

Timaeus

Re: WPO Feedback

Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:17 am
Dear Ivana,

Timaeus here, #1 player and #1 faction leader on Realm 9 currently sitting at 2,000,000 power at the moment. First of all, I would like to congradulate GameLoft for creating yet another unique mobile game. Having played several similar titles at the top level, I have very high expectations for WPO. It already has already impressed me during the first inital launch week. Well done!

Anyhow, it is not without its flaws, here are some of the bugs and suggestions we have across during the first 2 days of testing.

Bugs:

1. Unstable Connection
: the game disconnects constantly despite stable internet. It actually performs better on cellular data and on the ipad compared to the phones. Hope this is being addressed.

2. Chat System: The chat system is unique yet lacking. I like the idea of chat rooms to prevent spams in the world chat. However, messages take a long time to send and the text feature is abysmal. There's no auto correct and cannot use functions such as copy and paste. Random letters also get pushed to the end of the sentence and there are no ways to clear them.

Suggestions:

1. Battle System: I have participated in a few battles againsts AIs and players. They mostly work well. However, I believe some balancing is needed when battling the defending players. Currently, as a level 18, when I send 36,000 Tier 6 troops to attack a level 8 player with only tier 2 troops, I somehow lose nearly 1,000 units while only injuring 4000/6000 of the defending enemy. The difference should be much greater and I should not lose that many units while being able to injure at least the entire defending party. I understand it could be made this way to protect the weaker players. I have to test against higher level enemies but the difference in troop size and capability should be better reflected in battle.

2. Shield System: there are no current issue with this right now but we have ran into the same problem in other similar games. Please set a cooldown for repeated shield use so players cannot teleport to a hive, hit the weaker players and shield instantly before reinforcements arrive. By setting a cooldown, players cannot spam shields to repel attacks and suffer 0 consequences.

3. Faction Member Details: Please provide more information on members. Currently, we can only see name, power and online status. I'd love to know when the member was last online so I can kick inactive members and replace them with new ones. 

Question:

1. Server Capacity: I can see there are already 10+ servers. Are the devs going to slow down the rate and funnel new players into older realms? With mobile war games, many players quit over time due to conflict. Therefore, it is very important to ensure a health sum of community members are active in each realm. I hope the devs will balance the newcomers stream so we get more players in each realm.

2. Province/Country Capture: There's currently a maximum cap of 10 per faction. Will that change at all in the future? Will a faction be able to capture an entire country and gain added bonus in the future.

In conclusion, thank you for another great game. I hope to stick with it for a long time and look forward to its future development.

Cheers,
Tim

ARoberts00740

Google Play (Android)

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:59 pm
Hey there,
I am a Lieutenant at GermanForces faction with over 2m strength. I started playing not long ago and I'm addicted to the game. The only problem i have is that we dont see the battle until we click on the 'fighting' button. And other than that, the production of first 3 tiers of units should be a bit faster, please

The game has lot of potential if put together properly and not ignored like recent gloft strategic titles... Its differenet and worth playing... :)
no avatar

TheRadiantWreck

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:34 am
I'm a pretty new player, but I'd like to share some thoughts on the chat system. 

In my opinion, there is a LOT of work that needs to be done to the chat system.

1. Please add copy/paste feature. How am I supposed to talk to someone speaking another language if I cannot copy the text?
2. More advanced translate feature in faction and world chats. I should be able to selectively translate messages and also see what language it's being translated from, and some sort of indication that it has been translated.
3. Actually add translate options in private messaging. Trying to talk to leaders of foreign factions can be impossible because there is no way to translate the private messages or even copy the text so I can translate it myself.
4. I keep getting an error when I try to message in faction chat saying "not enough characters", but it makes no sense, it doesn't appear to be a length issue. I have to change the wording and avoid using seemingly random words or character sequences just to get a message through. Not to mention it deletes the text when this happens so I have to retype everything..
5. From time to time messages will not appear to go through, so you try to send it again.. and again.. then you restart the game and all the messages have shown up. Very frustrating.
6. In private messages, you should always be able to see who you sent the message to. If I message someone I haven't spoken to, I can go back and look at the message but I only see the subject and my message, I cannot see who I sent it to, which can be very annoying if you send a lot of messages.
7. Also in PM, you should be able to click the photo of the person you are talking to to view their profile like you would in the normal chat.

I think that's all I have for now. Please please please work on these functions! This is the biggest issue with the game in my opinion.
That said, the game has a lot of potential and I look forward to seeing what cool features are added in the near future.

Gabriel from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows Phone

WPO Feedback

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:01 am
Hi guys, thank you for your suggestions and feedback. Dev team will do their best to make the game better and to solve the issues :)
no avatar

Obtron

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:18 am
Hi, 

Obtron Realm 12 Faction Leader here. I want to say thanks for an awesome game and the graphics plus watching armies fight pretty interesting way of battling. 

I have read read the previous statements and have to agree the chat system needs some revamping. It seems to be a character limit which when trying to coordinate attacks or rallies. As well as I was trying to type and it kept filtering the word "am" and couldn't talk to another faction leader.

2nd issue is the same with knowing your faction people that haven't been on or contributing.

3rd any thoughts on the 50% tax for helping your faction members? As well maybe a faction store to encourage faction growth as well as getting groups closer together. 

Thank you again for an awesome game those are just some thoughts. Others have made better format in expressing the issues. 

Obtron
Wild Animals
no avatar

Maynards

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:01 pm
Nice game. A little slow, but that's where pay to win comes in I suppose.

One key issue for me, and others that I have spoken to.  Please allow us to zoom out more in the map screen.  Looking for camp and players to attack is just painful and slow.

Gabriel from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows Phone

WPO Feedback

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:37 pm
Hi Obtron, you can see the daily contribution and the overall contribution. To do this go to Faction->Research->Logs :)
@Maynards thank you for your suggestion :)
no avatar

Theadsi

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:41 pm
hi there the chat isms a major pain it's constantly clutching will post 3 times then won't and then appears 5 mins later etc please fix
no avatar

Axtrica

Windows PC

Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:56 pm
I think its kind of crazy that you named one of your military classes "assault" but we are not allowed to use the word "assault" in messages because its flagged inappropriate.