The latest gossip and the talk of the town - Join the City Mania Discussion here!
no avatar

WatchingChicken

Building placement, questions, and tips

Thu May 04, 2017 8:47 pm
Helllllooo city mania players!!! :D I've looked on this forum and couldn't find any threads about building placement and just general tips, questions, and feedback. So you're in luck!

I want to start by talking about upgrading buildings, and also building placement. I am very new to this game but I have figured out some key things that I would recommend doing.

1) upgrade your current buildings before you build new ones. When I first got the game I built as many new buildings as possible, but I believe that was the wrong way to do it. You always want to place all the constructions sites you can down but don't upgrade those sites just yet.
   The reason for this is as you construct more buildings the material cost becomes greater. Also if you get too many buildings, when you level up enough to have police stations/sewers/fire stations/etc you'll have too many buildings for what you need. Your people will move out, and then you'll make less money. This process will also help with building management, giving u more ground to work with to organize your city than if you build all your sites when you get them.

alright I have to go back to work now, but I'll keep updating this thread with tips, questions and those sorts of things. Please feel free to comment, ask questions give tips. Let's make this helpful people!

-W.C.

Isabella_Gameloft

Retired Community Manager

Hello W.C.!

Great initiative here I am going to pin this to the top so players can add to it and read through it as they like :)

Hestia23

Apple (iOS)

Bali, Indonesia

I'd like to add these in here as well from another thread I replied to.

===============
Gold Management
===============

1) Keep your bizzies... BUSY! Send them out to missions. All missions are useful and each mission gives EXP. The EXP missions for bizzies give extra EXP. Leveling your bizzies is important as this will make future bizzie missions a lot easier to complete. Bizzie star levels, how rare they are do not impact how easily a mission is completed. The higher level the bizzie, the easier it is to complete missions.

2) Plan your city right. Figure out where your industrial, residential and commercial zones will be. Rather than rushing and trying to level up buildings too fast. I had to sit down and figure this out for about 20 minutes with lots of re-arranging.

3) Focus more on creating finished products from the commercial buildings rather than having the tendency of selling raw materials in the market. Players tend to buy those more than raw materials. The only raw material that I've seen that do sell "OK" are Leather, Plastic, Seeds and Chemicals.

4) Complete helicopter deliveries. Specialty buildings cost blueprints which these deliveries reward and every single residential zone love specialty buildings. Have a mix of all sorts of specialty buildings. I tend to focus on having at least sustainability and education for each residential areas.

These strategies have helped me so far and still keep me in the game during the current update (1.0).

Hope it helps!

All the best
iPhone 6s

Dragon Mania Legends - Dragon Claw Indonesia (iOS APA)
City Mania - (iOS APA)
Blitz Brigade Rival TacticsRegu Indonesia
Country Friends - No more updates... RIP  :'(
no avatar

FeverBoy95

Hi do you know the maximum level a building can be leveled up to ?
no avatar

W4LL4C3

How to earn stars for my bizzies?
no avatar

nox_mb5

To earn stars you need to do favors for your bizzies. Click on the Bizzie Bureau to get started.
no avatar

Danlfy

How can you complete the helicopter deliveries? I have got all the materials for it but every time I come back I have to do other tasks.
no avatar

nddcck

@Danlfy: there's a time limit, you have to finish it within the count-down. Once the timer finishes, the requirements will change
no avatar

Tirena

Hello!
Please help! how to place the sewer in the city? Houses in which residents require sewerage all time glow red wherever I place sewers.

Hestia23

Apple (iOS)

Bali, Indonesia

Hi Tirena,

Make sure the following:

1) You have enough sewage utilities to live up on what the residents need.

2) Don't place the sewage nearby the residents. They don't like it.

Let us know if you have further issues.

Best wishes
iPhone 6s

Dragon Mania Legends - Dragon Claw Indonesia (iOS APA)
City Mania - (iOS APA)
Blitz Brigade Rival TacticsRegu Indonesia
Country Friends - No more updates... RIP  :'(