Have you encountered an issue or bug while playing? Let us know over here!

[UWP] Stuttering (Sound and Game)

Moderators: MVP, Moderator, Dev Team

no avatar

Incubbus

Windows PC

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:57 pm
Hey,
  1. the sound (Voice, SFX and Music) are very scratchy/stutter'ish. It does not matter wether i'm in the main menu or in a match. 
  2. When a player uses Blaze's grenade, the game stutters/freezes for brief moment. (This was already the case many months ago)
  3. When i try out new gear in the inventory screen, often when clicking "Equip" nothing happens. After that occurs nothing happens visually if i try to equip any part. But when i restart the game, the items are equipped.
I have the most up-to-date drivers for my system. Just in case you ask.^^

Kind Regards,
Inc
no avatar

Lina FromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:47 pm
Hi Incubbus,

Have you by any chance tried re-installing the game? Maybe some of the assets you downloaded with the last update weren't installed properly.

Let me know, please.
Thanks!
no avatar

Incubbus

Windows PC

Re: [UWP] Stuttering (Sound and Game)

Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:22 pm
Lina FromGameloft wrote:
Hi Incubbus,

Have you by any chance tried re-installing the game? Maybe some of the assets you downloaded with the last update weren't installed properly.

Let me know, please.
Thanks!

Yes, did.
As for the sound, i even tried de-installing the Manufacturer's latest sound driver and just using the Windows-Provided one... no Difference.

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:42 am
If the sounds stuttering persists, try setting the graphics to Ultra, as a lot of people (myself included) found that the game was less laggy and the sounds were ok after trying doing so. But bear in mind that our devices were capable of handling such graphics.
AR is love, AR is life.
no avatar

Incubbus

Windows PC

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:54 pm
Quang N. wrote:
If the sounds stuttering persists, try setting the graphics to Ultra, as a lot of people (myself included) found that the game was less laggy and the sounds were ok after trying doing so. But bear in mind that our devices were capable of handling such graphics.

Sadly it didn't help.

But the sound is not as important as removing the stuttering from used abilities.
no avatar

Incubbus

Windows PC

Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:43 pm
Looks like todays patch did part of the trick :)

Sound does not stutter anymore.

Still - when somebody activates the ability there is a brief hitch.

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:38 am
Well, too bad if it didn't work out for you. When I set the graphics on Ultra, the game was more stable and "optimized" for me, as I experienced noticeably less lag compared to other graphic settings.
Again, hope you'll find a solution to your problem. Good luck.
AR is love, AR is life.
no avatar

Incubbus

Windows PC

Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:26 am
I did install the steam version of MC:V... That resolves all the hitching problems!!!!

But i don't want steam (sniffing) on my system just for MC:V...

Please, improve performance/leaks/whatever causes the hitches in the UWP version :)
no avatar

Lina FromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:33 am
Hi Incubbus,

I'm going to make a note of this to the technical team and see if I find something out about a possible solution for you.

I do recommend that you also open a ticket with CC, so they could reference this matter in the future.

Thanks!