Have you encountered an issue or bug while playing? Let us know over here!

Ghosts Stab Becoming Stuck

Moderators: MVP, Moderator, Dev Team

no avatar

Chessey

Apple (iOS)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:00 pm
Platform: Mobile; iPhone 7

I realize that a similar discussion was placed in the “general discussion” forum, however i think this bug differs a little bit from it. I know that ghost’s stab accuracy has been faltering a bit as of late, but a new problem has arisen. More than half of the time I use his ability, it absolutely fails in the worst possible way. 

When i use the ability if i manage to aim accurately a hit market will appear on screen signifying that i hit the opponent. however, no damage is placed on the target and i become stuck as ghost in stab form but with no ability to stab. i then become basically a sitting duck, unable to shoot or stab, but becoming visible to the other team.

if you need more details please let me know. screenshots won’t be much use because the screen looks like it would if the ability is working properly but just with no ability to attack. 

Thanks!

AlexYs FromGameloft

Community Manager

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:34 pm
Hi Chessey, thank you for the report, I'll be sending it on to our devs so they can look into it. If it's not much trouble though, do you think you can make a quick video with the problem in action? That would help our team a ton during the investigation process (i.e. trying to reproduce the glitch). All the best.
Community Support Manager @ DML / MLP
Please note that unsolicited private messages sent to me won't be answered.
Please use the appropriate sections of the forums or the Customer Care website.
no avatar

Chessey

Apple (iOS)

Re: Ghosts Stab Becoming Stuck

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:47 pm
AlexYs FromGameloft wrote:
Hi Chessey, thank you for the report, I'll be sending it on to our devs so they can look into it. If it's not much trouble though, do you think you can make a quick video with the problem in action? That would help our team a ton during the investigation process (i.e. trying to reproduce the glitch). All the best.

https://youtu.be/OzeOhfENc5c

https://youtu.be/Vyt-26qORNE

The second file should be the video of the stab. I added some extra fluff just to show that my stab works as it should with occasional accuracy issues 90% of the time.

The first video is just another glitch or exploit that someone, bot or real idk, used to quickly get across the map.

If you have any questions or need more vido evidence let me know!

JustAnotherSadPlayer

Steam

Re: Ghosts Stab Becoming Stuck

Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 pm
I've heard rumors about bots that teleport due to awesome programming, but if it's a player it might be just a spike in the synchronization?
no avatar

Lina FromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:25 pm
Hi guys,

A server-side hotfix has been applied to all platforms in MCVS to fix the reported issues of invisible/ teleporting teammates/ opponents, and the bot issues some of you were experiencing. If you have evidence that the hotfix didn't hold, please send me usernames and dog tags so we can start an investigation.

Thanks! :)
no avatar

Lina FromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:35 pm
[quote="Chessey"]Hi Chessey, thank you for the report, I'll be sending it on to our devs so they can look into it. If it's not much trouble though, do you think you can make a quick video with the problem in action? That would help our team a ton during the investigation process (i.e. trying to reproduce the glitch). All the best.

https://youtu.be/OzeOhfENc5c

https://youtu.be/Vyt-26qORNE

The second file should be the video of the stab. I added some extra fluff just to show that my stab works as it should with occasional accuracy issues 90% of the time.

The first video is just another glitch or exploit that someone, bot or real idk, used to quickly get across the map.

If you have any questions or need more vido evidence let me know![/quote]

Hi there Chessey,

I can't tell for sure from the second video which agent you are talking about. It usually helps if you can give me the dog tag of a suspicious player. What you could also do is grab a print screen at the end of the match, that's where you can see every player's username, dog tag and if they are a bot or a real player.

Thanks!