Have you encountered an issue or bug while playing? Let us know over here!

Gear upgrade bug

Moderators: MVP, Moderator, Dev Team

no avatar

Genralk

Apple (iOS)

Gear upgrade bug

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:42 pm
Was going to update the Visor (tier 4) on my «Seven»from 9 to 10, cost was 3600 coins, hit the upgrade buttom, coins gone but the visor same stats and still lvl 9.
no avatar

Genralk

Apple (iOS)

Re: Gear upgrade bug

Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:11 am
And now the same happened trying to upgrade gloves/hands from lvl 7-8, coins gone (2300) stats no change, seems like my gear rating is stuck at 1150, anyone else seen this?

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:04 am
It says clearly when you upgrade that you can succeed or fail the upgrade, meaning that you will lose coins, but whether your gear would be upgraded or not is completely by chance.
It's a confusing feature that no one likes, but we'll have to bear with it until changes are made.
AR is love, AR is life.
no avatar

Genralk

Apple (iOS)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:33 pm
Hi there
This doesn’t quite make sense to me, my understanding of the phrase you are referring to could just as well and more logically mean that you are given a “Chance “ (opportunity) to upgrade your gear. Buying a crate etc indicates randomness, but spending coins to increase item lvl is a direct purchase for a given amount of value/coins. Seems like the miss chance increases dramatically as you get to the higher levels.
This takes away much of the fun with the new update, you work hard to get the coins, then it is random if you are getting anything at all from the spending.

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:05 am
You understood it correctly, and like I said, that feature doesn't make much sense to any of the players here and on the Discord server. Therefore, we can only wait and see if there'd be any changes to it.
AR is love, AR is life.

Gameloft_Karen

Retired Community Manager

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:17 pm
Hey Genralk -- the Gear system was inspired by many other similar Gear systems that are currently out there.

In regards to the fail/success, you are right in that the higher level you go, the higher the chance of failure. The same in regards to tier. Tier 1 gear, even as you upgrade it to level 10 has a lower fail rate than a higher tier gear at that point. This may bring in considerations for if you'd like to opt to max out a tier 5 gear for example or if maybe a maxed out tier 3 one would get you further across all Agents.

We will be working on making this more clear to players, likely with clearer wording and feedback upon upgrading pieces of gear. But of course, it is good to hear feedback! Thanks for sharing your thoughts thus far!
                                                               Community Manager

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:04 pm
If so, then I'd suggest something Karen. Refund the players say, 50% of the coins they spent for every time they fail. At least that way they won't feel like they've been totally ripped-off.
AR is love, AR is life.

camonbeibi

Windows PC

Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:02 am
What I see is that with these things people are going to stop spending money on the game because it's like throwing it away and on top of feeling scam