Meet your fellow agents and start or join a discussion about Modern Combat Versus
no avatar

exorio

Windows PC

First time playing update 10

I normally got below 50ms ping. This is one of the main reason why this game has become my primary time spender. Apart from the core simplicity and quick matchmaking.

Now it fluctuates around 90-1000+. It doesn't feel like high ping/lag like other players warping around or I got stuck but the ability key are not responsive and hit don't register a lot.

I only got aware of it when I took a peek to the ping counter on the top left corner of the hud.

Second game, I got crashed a LOT. It's not even playable at all. Steam version.

And it's not any better with the Microsoft Store version.

Guess I'll retire until GL iron out all these new bugs.
no avatar

exorio

Windows PC

Interface also feels VERY sluggish now.

I like how it becomes consistent across all platform though.

Would it be possible to add an "announcement read" counter or something so that when I open the game the second time I don't get the popup messages? Sometimes it crash the game. But most of the time it slows the interface loading. And with all these crashes restarting the game get me the popup again. [edit] sorry I miss "don't show anymore for today" button [/edit]

And playing both version for couple of hours today, the ping spikes are definitely NOT my connection problem since I also played Paladins in between, no problem whatsoever.

Only this game the ping fluctuates up to 1000ms. Really unplayable. This definitely need to be fixed.

[edit] Yeah I'll retire for a while. The game has become really broken [/edit]

Silver812

Apple (iOS)

Spain

I really really hate the gears and character upgrade system in this game.

If it wasn't because the game runs smoothly and has good graphics, I don't think I'd ever play it again.

Btw the messages we are allowed to say during the match are useless, only the first 2 are useful so please change them
no avatar

exorio

Windows PC

The gear system is confusing indeed. I thought when it was announced it would be cosmetics, meaning we can customize the visual per parts like in Quake Champions. This kind of cosmetic system is sweet, BTW, too bad the character models in this game aren't technically designed like that.

Turn out gear system is just stats modifier/booster/p2w scheme. There're 6 gears types (headgear, kneepads, etc). And not just that, there're tiers (at least 4) for the gears. Also, each gear can be upgraded (I don't know how many times it can be upgraded). WTF? How would you be able to even remotely balance this game?????

There're also at least 5-6 loot crate types; Saturday loot crate, event loot crate, regular loot crate, division (rookie, master, champion) loot crates IIRC and 4 type of currencies. That is not what I call "DEEP". This is just OVER-COMPLEX, JUMBLED MESS, and the irony is, they were intended to... ehm... "give player options" on how they want to spend their money in the game. In short, the update is just GL wanting moar monnay from us.

Bad decision guys.

Those, and every other technical issue that came up with the new update 10 (ping spikes, sluggish interface) the game has become SO BAD it's not even funny.

The new map (aftermath) is also not fun. I think it's because it's too big for 4v4 play, and too dark and dull. Previous new addition (stadium) is quite good and actually fun. I hate Blackrock the most before Aftermath was released.
no avatar

Nyetek

Apple (iOS)

Wow ... a deterioration from 50 ping to 90-100ping?

You are lucky - my ping is always above 200, not only for MCVS but for all the FPS games on my iPad except for Bullet Force (30-60 ping ftw! Maybe they have an Aussie server).

The weird thing is that when I play a game on my PC with ping at 200, it significantly compromises the gameplay. I can feel the lag when I am moving or shooting. However, on the iPad I can play FPS games with similar lag with no issues - it feels almost identical to when I am playing on 30 ping. Maybe its cos the game is less demanding in terms of graphics etc but yeah its a weird phenomenon albeit one that I am grateful for.
no avatar

exorio

Windows PC

Nyetek wrote:
Wow ... a deterioration from 50 ping to 90-100ping?

You are lucky - my ping is always above 200, not only for MCVS but for all the FPS games on my iPad except for Bullet Force (30-60 ping ftw! Maybe they have an Aussie server).

The weird thing is that when I play a game on my PC with ping at 200, it significantly compromises the gameplay. I can feel the lag when I am moving or shooting. However, on the iPad I can play FPS games with similar lag with no issues - it feels almost identical to when I am playing on 30 ping. Maybe its cos the game is less demanding in terms of graphics etc but yeah its a weird phenomenon albeit one that I am grateful for.

I'm on PC. I don't play the mobile version a lot. It's just that before this update I can only sync the Microsoft Store version with the Mobile version while the steam version stands alone (can't sync to mobile).

So I do play the mobile version every once in a while just for the daily rewards for watching ads. While the controls are quite good (probably the best) for mobile FPS, the controls are absolutely better on PC. And well, 5" display wouldn't be able to beat full sized monitor.

Just wondering is this how you guys play the game in Aussie :
Attachments
20181104223231_1a.jpg
20181104223231_1a.jpg (885.15 KiB) Viewed 133 times

Gameloft_Karen

Retired Community Manager

XD lol exorio.

Thanks everyone for your guys' feedback. Obviously, a lot of big changes came with this update. This is definitely helpful for us to consider as we continue to plan out next steps!
                                                               Community Manager
no avatar

exorio

Windows PC

My suggestion overall :

1. Divisions and career progression are fine I guess.

2. Too many currencies and loot crates it's confusing. Probably two currencies and two types of loot crates. One for cosmetics (skins, weapon textures, etc) one for progression (upgrade tokens, agents, etc). One "premium" currency and one free currency that is attainable from playing the game. Locking progress behind lootcrates is bad enough to start with, but so far up to update 9 I'm fine with it. I can tolerate that. But being rubbed on my face with all these lootcrates and in game currencies are not.

3. Merge classic multiplayer with the competitive event/arena event/whatever but don't allow duplicates, in PVP. That's all the game actually need. Kult was attainable on early progression anyway. Or if that is not enough, allow maximum 1 duplicate per team.

4. Gears system need to go. Seriously. I'm sorry to dissapoint you guys by saying I don't like it at all. Seeing how you excited to say this is the biggest change of all but honestly this gear system is what ruin the game the most. Upgrade system was fine. Maybe "prestige mode" instead of gears system? So the player can reset their progress and get shiny badge for the characters they've maxed out multiple times? Like I said in the other thread, I play this game to shoot people, not collecting loots. I'll play path of exile if I want to go lootfesting.

5. Well, ping problems. On steam discussion another guy experienced the exact thing as me.

In the end, I doubt GL will rollback the gears system. And with the ping problems I can't even barely play this game. So I'll see what update 11 will bring. In the meanwhile, I'll go back playing Paladins until all these problems ironed out.

Cheers.

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Sadly, I have to agree with exorio here on the Gear system. It's way too complicated, and I don't see any "playstyle customization" out of it, rather it's just another way to boost one stat or another, which makes this game one step further away from the "skills to win".

Though, I'd highly recommend (again) the dev team to roll out a beta of the update or at least a poll/questionnaire what the players want in the next update from the long list of your "fresh ideas" before actually releasing an update. One big mistake is enough to ruin the game for as long as it exists; a quick example is the armor abilities/cores in MC5, which made pretty much everyone got tired of it (sorry if I occasionally bring MC5 up as examples, but to me it's the perfect way to show you how broken a game can be if things don't go the way players want).

Big updates with lots of game-changing features are not excuses to not roll back P2W features, unless all you want is P2W the heck out of your games the longer a game lives. So please, I beg you. Don't ruin this game.
AR is love, AR is life.

Silver812

Apple (iOS)

Spain

Yeah I also prefer to just have a couple of currencies and just 2 crates. Not 2 crates and then different tiers of them, just 2 crates. One for skins and agents unlock and then one for the rest of the things.
The gear system does not provide any kind of gameplay changes, as said before it’s only a stats booster to differentiate even more the people who put money into the game from the people who don’t. PLEASE REMOVE IT, it’s too complex and we don’t need more P2W mechanics in this game. It just messes up the balance.
Also I just saw that when I ranked up from level 31 to level 32, all my agents received a 32% health and damage upgrade. But why? What are you guys trying to do with that leveling system? It’s actually the first time I see this in a FPS shooter like this. This is not and RPG where you have to grind for the best gear, why are you trying to make it like that?
MCV won’t ever go competitive unless you guys low down the P2W aspect of it. I’m sick and tired of saying this. I thought this was the dev team that made the best modern combat yet (MC4), not the worst (MC5) :((((