Meet your fellow agents and start or join a discussion about Modern Combat Versus
no avatar

Rs69

MC5 Old Dog

Google Play (Android)

This game is like gambling

Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:46 am
Anyone else feel the same? There is simply no point in playing this game if you are a pro and the rest of your team ****. You just need to hope you get put on a good team in the queue system. Can anything be done about this?
I honestly feel like I have a better chance at flipping a coin and guessing whether I win or lose than playing this game.

Mastermind0987654321

Google Play (Android)

Re: This game is like gambling

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:09 am
Yes I feel the same. It is betting on a random outcome, and no amount of trying can get you a win sometimes. Trophies are like your dollars and you just watch it vanish before your eyes.

It would be better if there weren't SO many crashes and disconnects, but still the game is weighted to make you lose and pay real money to win. It would be fine if the game sucked, but I think it's a great game let down by frustrating money grabbing and bugs. I lost about 400 tropies since the update. I've completely given up until season 3 starts.

1&only oops!!

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:08 pm
At this point of time, i am more concerned of my 400-500ms ping on asian server than anything. Getting killed behind walls, monark 1 shotting when i am not even in open and might've peaked a bit, etc. which is purely a ping issue and then the crashes that can occur anytime. I lost almost 100 trophies yesterday because a level 9 monark on my team and so many others couldn't score 300 points in zc.
MC5 Forum Discord: https://discord.gg/vKqvHss

Gameloft_Karen

Retired Community Manager

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:10 pm
Hey Rs, you mention "rest of your team ****". Have you tried out group play? Or are you in a clan at all who may be able to play with you? I see that a lot of the community have been having much better matches because they can now play with people/queue with people that they know.
                                                               Community Manager

1&only oops!!

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:37 pm
Agree. Group play is more fun than randoms. no deying that. But i believe RS wanted to focus more on match making and teaming up stuff, if my guess is correct. Maybe base match making based on agent levels that the 8 players have and distribute them accordingly.
no avatar

Rs69

MC5 Old Dog

Google Play (Android)

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:58 pm
Gameloft_Karen wrote:
Hey Rs, you mention "rest of your team ****". Have you tried out group play? Or are you in a clan at all who may be able to play with you? I see that a lot of the community have been having much better matches because they can now play with people/queue with people that they know.

Hey Karen,
I have tried group play. But cannot always do group play because players are busy playing their own matches or cannot be online 247.

I believe Gameloft should implement a modifier for the amount of trophies won or lost based on a player's performance, instead of a static amount being given or taken across the whole team. For example, if I'm on the winning team the MVP would get bonus trophies ontop of the static trophies given. 2nd player with the highest score on the winning team would get slightly less bonus trophies ontop of the static trophies, something like that. Same thing for the losing team. If I'm the MVP on the losing team I should not be losing any trophies. Currently there is no situation where you can never win or lose trophies. 

There also needs to be a grace period where if I dc or leave the game before the match starts I don't lose any trophies.

1&only oops!!

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:36 pm
I have lost trophies today because i got crashed and when i reconnected, we were really down and no way we could've won.
Also, i agree with your point of adjusting rating based on the player performance. At present the whole team gets the penalty for losing but i agree that if i lose but scored more than the top player in winning team, why should i lose trophies. It's upto GL anyways and at this point of time i am still learning to playing with a strategy.
no avatar

Pangeus

Apple (iOS)

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:22 pm
I’ve many times had the thought “this is like black jack”. Win a few hands and than the odds kick in. It’s better with group play but unless you can get a complete team the system will throw in a level 1 bot to balance things out, or it finds another way to mess things up. Like a level 1 who just runs towards enemies to feed bounties. Or we get a very twitching laggy game while the opponents play as usual ( not coincidentally many in the top 50...), or worse, my team is free for all (killing eachother) and the opponents are in a team of 4. As in 1vs1vs1vs1vs4.
p) Guild leader of the Darkside  p)
no avatar

Pangeus

Apple (iOS)

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:30 pm
1&only oops!! wrote:
I have lost trophies today because i got crashed and when i reconnected, we were really down and no way we could've won.
Also, i agree with your point of adjusting rating based on the player performance. At present the whole team gets the penalty for losing but i agree that if i lose but scored more than the top player in winning team, why should i lose trophies. It's upto GL anyways and at this point of time i am still learning to playing with a strategy.

Over the past few months several of us here have suggested the MVP of the losing side should lose less trophies or none and/or the one at the bottom should lose more. 4th on winning side should receive less so he/she is not carried to higher leagues by others... and various other variations to reduce the frustration many of us are all to familiar with. GL doesnt seem to be willing to budge on that.

One thing to keep in mind is that it happens to everyone. “Serenity now, serenity now”
p) Guild leader of the Darkside  p)
no avatar

Obanyan

Apple (iOS)

Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:20 am
I think trophies should be awarded if you’re the MVP of a match. Not much, maybe 5. Win or lose.