Meet your fellow agents and start or join a discussion about Modern Combat Versus

feedback on recent balance changes

Moderators: MVP, Moderator, Dev Team

no avatar

smooshybeann02

Apple (iOS)

feedback on recent balance changes

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:52 am
Firstly, thank you for updating the game. It's been so long since the last balance update and it feels so good to finally not see the same agents dominating most matches. 

Lock:
Great job here. I think the changes were necessary and done pretty well. He's still good but not crazy powerful like before.

Seven: 
Another good change. Seven dealt too much damage before, especially with her bonus damage. However I wonder if her hip accuracy is still too high. She can kill close range targets without her scope relatively easily and quickly in my experience. 
But as compensation, the hitbox of her knife can be increased to make it easier to hit targets and still give her a close range option. Also, it would be nice if the hitbox (as in the one you shoot to destroy it) was also increased. I find that it is too difficult to destroy it and often times I feel like none of my bullets even register. 

Knox:
Another good change that many people have been asking for a long time. Only thing is maybe the heatlh nerf was too much.

Revolv:
I appreciate the attempt to shift Revolv into a more heavy hitting type of character. But I think it was overkill. My main problem is her ability. It lasts way too long now. And if you have her ultimate ability, you can potentially use gunshow for an almost infinite amount of time. Her reload speed was increased to give Revolv a weakness, but the thing is, if Revolv has her ability up most of the time, this 'drawback' is non-existent. In my opinion, her ability should be reverted back to the original duration, and her health should be slightly lowered to give her more weaknesses.

Tower:
Mixed about this one. His health might be a bit too high now, especially considering his shield health as also been increased. It's also sad that Monark can't one-shot him anymore. His firepower might also be a bit too high. Possibly speeding up his reload, while keeping his ammo like it was before will still give him good firepower but not let him completely annihilate an entire team on his own. Also, personal opinion, but his ultimate ability could use a rework. Maybe something like recovering shield health when killing an enemy with bash, to allow Tower to deal damage in shield form without the drawback of breaking his defense.

Ronen:
Ronen needs a rework to his primary attack. The lock-on attack is just not working. Literally walking around in circles debilitates him. If his weapon acted more like Kult and Blaze's he would be exponentially better. He might even stand a chance against Blaze, Kult and Chapka. Right now as he is, Ronen relies too heavily on his dash, ultimate ability and teammates to do even decently well.

Mi-Nu:
Mi-Nu was already fast enough before this update, especially in conjunction with mobility gears. A change that Mi-Nu did need is a nerf to her health regen. It's already hard enough to hit a good Mi-Nu, so it's frustrating when any bullets you do land are nullfied by her regen. The way I see it, Mi-Nu should rarely be getting hit at all when her ability is active. Mi-Nus who can't dodge bullets should be punished not given a free pass. I swear there have been times when Mi-Nu outheals my damage even at point-blank range when all of my bullets should've been hitting her. Granted, I was using lower dps agents when this happended like Knox and Sarge, but Mi-Nu shouldn't be healing more than any agent can dish out damage to begin with.

Ghost:
Damge buff is welcome. Stab buff is help. His ultimate ability duration needs to be shortened though. Like Revolv, t's too easy to chain his ability (although not as easy as Revolv). Also the double tap control is a little buggy. After the first stab, it's really sensitive, so sometimes it registers a single tap as a double tap making me stab too early.

Witch:
Can't really comment because I don't have her or face her often enough, but during the event I remember thinking her gun damage was too high for the amount of health she had.

- As for agents that weren't affected in this update

Chapka:
Chapka is too good right now. She has crazy high damage that applies slow, a fast reload, decent health and an amazing ability. Because her high damage playstyle is fun, I would propose just lowering her ammo and health and decreasing the radius of her zap trap.

Swift:
Needs an ammo nerf. She can dish out too much damage back to back without ever needing to reload. Combine this with her ability that reloads her gun automatically, she's a bit too strong.

Kult:
It would be nice if his poison traps had more health and had a longer duration. By duration I mean how long it lasts before it is triggered. It would be funto be able to set up his traps for unsuspecting enemies to trigger it, instead of just tossing it mid-battle. Currently it despawns too quickly.

Sarge:
A slight range buff would be nice. Also smoothing his ability.deployment. I find that on some maps, the missile area gets caught on some areas. Two areas I can specifically think of are the trianglular hill things on Slums rooftop and the stairs next to the tunnel going up to where the train passes through in Central.

That's allI have to say, I hope someone sees this. Again, thank you for still working on this game. I really hope the playerbase for this game increases, because it really deserves more players.

RedZero

Apple (iOS)

Re: feedback on recent balance changes

Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:04 pm
No one at Gameloft cares. It's unreal. You put all of this time into this awesome feedback... it was all for nothing. But for what it's worth, I agree with pretty much everything you wrote. Now that the update has had some time to settle, I'm seeing more and more battles with nothing but Tower/Minu, which is really sad. I love the update, aside from both of them being over buffed. Tower needed a buff, but not a health buff. Minu needed nothing at all. Thanks for posting this... sorry the actual of the owners of the game could care less.
no avatar

smooshybeann02

Apple (iOS)

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:10 am
yeah, it is sad that we get so little interaction from the developers, especially on the forums which seem to be completely abandoned by both the devs and players. Which is a shame. Really feels like a waste, putting effort into trying to help and improve a game you genuinely enjoy and want to see succeed.
no avatar

Hahahaitsme

Apple (iOS)

Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:01 pm
Tower needs more buff in shield and health. With current buff he is nothing. I easily handle two without problem. Increase health to infinity that would make it more competitive. Also seven needs more nerf.  Reduce her ammo count to 1 and make her reload time 1 minute. Her UA is good that she don't need much ammo  and reload.
no avatar

.deven77

Google Play (Android)

Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:25 pm
I agree with that tower needs more buff in shield and health