Got any suggestions for Modern Combat Versus? Post them here!

Grisson

Windows PC

Brasil

Rebalance the Matchmaking (please!)

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:30 am
Well guys, just noticed that the matchmaking of this game is actually bad, because it's quite unbalanced in some points. So here's my suggestion to the matchmaking of the game:
  1. You can only queue against people that's on your league, not above or below. (My GF started playing today and in her first match there was 2 guys with +2000 rank and high level as well... Totally unbalanced).
  2. If there's just 4 people in a queue for the match, make ALL THEM become a team, and fill the other with bots. (lost more than 50 points just because my team was me and other 3 bots, while the other team was 3 players and 1 bot).
  3. Make bot's that pick tank character have a supportive behavior (use shields nearby allies or use their skills to save allies [Ronen and Juke, in this case]).
  4. If there's a odd number of players, realocate one to another queue (so every match will have an equal number of players in both teams when above 4; When 4 or below, they will be on the same team).
I truly hope these (or some of these) suggestions get to the game ASAP, as well as a good anti-hack system (that's a mush with this hack flood the game is now).
MCVs and MC5 and Steam GameTag: [ DS ] Grisson  p)
Join the MCVs Death Machines channel on Discord: 
https://discord.gg/BZDqJ7E

Gameloft_Karen

Retired Community Manager

Re: Rebalance the Matchmaking (please!)

Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:01 pm
Hi Grisson,

1) This is precisely how it used to work. However, because people were sick of being queued with bots, that's why we widened up the trophy range. I recall you having been on this forum for a while now -- I'm sure you were here during the days when everyone called to destroy bots? Based on feedback from here, Discord, and our other social platforms, that's why we made that change. So now, in hopes of reducing bots, but allowing in more real players, we have the current system. It's definitely not perfect, but given our current playerbase, this is the option we seem to have to go with. Keep in mind that even right now, it prioritizes finding people in your trophy range first. However, from what I'm getting based on your comments, it's unable to do that. So if we were to tighten the trophy range, what you'll see is likely a lot more bots (replacing those players you see now who are out of your trophy range).

2) I think there are some issues here because what MM tries to do now is to balance real players, since real players behave and adapt in a way that bots cannot (we do continuously try to improve on our bots!). By putting in 4 people on the same team, likely the match is a sure win. Also keep in mind that even as we open up the trophies range, there are still bots in every game. So most of the games will end up becoming 4 real people vs bots. There isn't that competitive aspect any more. However, one thing to note is that if the other team had 3 real players and yours only had 1 (i.e. you), that likely means your trophy count was higher than theirs and this is MM's way of trying to balance the teams.

A good example is of this: https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/ext ... height=488

At first glance, it seems pretty unfair. If you're the person with 2K trophies and you're vs-ing 2 people on the other team with 1,000+ trophies, it seems off. But you can see what MM is trying to do here:
(757+687+879+2010)/4 = 1083.25 trophies average per person ==> > Team with one person with 2K trophies
(753+1244+1015+777)/4 = 947.25 trophies average per person ==> Enemy team

3. Bots are being improved on as I mentioned above. In this current update, a lot more bot Agents adapt more accordingly to the situation! However, this is something we likely cannot sit down and list all the different behaviors a bot should do. But we do try to prioritize adding in key missing bot behaviors with each update! If you look back at our patch notes, almost every update has bot improvements.

4. As mentioned in point 2) They try to balance the people who are queuing at the same time. So even if it's odd-numbered, it'll carry out the same averaging of trophies. Do note that to "relocate one to another queue" isn't as simple as it seems because it'd require moving someone who's assigned to a certain lobby to another one, and that requires some work in terms of reallocating a person, deciding who should be moved (should it be the person who waited the longest? The person who had the highest outlier in terms of trophies?), and even then, I think that keeping it say 1v1 real players still will see an imbalance in trophies (I.e. you're 2.6k trophies, vs-ing someone with maybe 2K. While this may be fine for you, for the other person, they won't see it as so).

There are things to back the decisions we make. We play the same game that you guys do, and feel the frustrations of being matched up with terrible bots or less real players than the opponent. But I hope you do understand that we constantly montior our feedback + data and try to choose the best option possible!
                                                               Community Manager

Grisson

Windows PC

Brasil

Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:10 pm
I see... Still, I think there's a lot of ways this could be improved, and I am looking forward to see the improvements. By the way, as you mentioned in 2), about the throfies thing...

The matches I was "alone with the bots" I was the one with less thropies (or in a mid range in numbers), I remember the people who was on the other side, some of them with 2100, 2350... and I can barely go over 2050 because I am always on this situation: get a win, get 4 loses (or more) in a streak, and so on...

I think you should limit the number of bots to 2 per team, even if this make queues a bit longer to find people but this will make things better, it's just put 2 people and 2 bots on each side... 

Also, would be nice to have an Icon or something to identify what players are bot or not in a match. Is it possible?

ps: I was out of the forums when this thing of "kill all the bots" happened, didn't notice that happening...

Grisson

Windows PC

Brasil

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:36 am
And here's a simple proof that this don't make much sense, there were people on the other side with more rank than me, and I was alone... Really, make the max bots on a team to 2... Two people can still handle a match better than just one against 3...

https://scontent-gig2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A3C1865

doom6322

Windows PC

Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:00 am
Implement something to know who is or not a BOT

Vadims11

Apple (iOS)

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:09 am
Bottom line- your bots suck-a-lot. Makes me wanna stop playing. What I feel when playing this game after update? Only disappointment. It is definitely not getting better. Bots should carry a supportive role- get in the zone and protect it, not running around with sniper rifle.
Вадим11

Grisson

Windows PC

Brasil

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:16 am
Vadims11 wrote:
Bottom line- your bots suck-a-lot. Makes me wanna stop playing. What I feel when playing this game after update? Only disappointment. It is definitely not getting better. Bots should carry a supportive role- get in the zone and protect it, not running around with sniper rifle.

Gotta agree with you... Also, they should limit the number of bots in a team to 2, so at least you can rely on another brain that's not yours in the match...

no avatar

Pangeus

Apple (iOS)

Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:25 pm
Yeah also agree. Bots shouldn’t play Monark or at least use their ability more often.

2 bots maximum per team sounds like a great idea to me too. I rather wait a few more minutes for match making to finish than play with 3 bots in my team.
p) Guild leader of the Darkside  p)

Grisson

Windows PC

Brasil

Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:43 pm
Dudes, I am completely enraged with this game because just now I was demoted from diamond to platinum because OF THIS USELESS BOTS!! Same thing again... 3 dumb bots and me vs 4 people or 2 people and 2 bots who look like pro players, and my bots were so dumb bu so dumb that they were shooting the SKY and getting idle to be killed...

Really, you should revise this ASAP, forget about anything else for a minute and look into this... Take the bots off the query, no bots at all... Paladins also has no bots in the casual/ranked mathes and it's fine because you know you can rely on other people to help you... There, the queries take about a minute or two to get done but it's fine because you know there's a need to find 10 people, and this game just need 8, so queries will not take that long...

Please, REMOVE the bots from the multiplayer and improve the matchmaking, what Karen said is proving to be sort of a dumb system because this seems to don't consider the hability (kill streaks and such), Agents and W/L ratio... It's just about the trophies and "who wanna play now"

This system is like:
"Ohh you have 3K trophies? So let's query you with this guy who has 700 and lost the last 5 matches in a row by being idle on the spawn and add other two dumb bots because you are good and will not need help, and now, let's make the other team full pro with a player who has 2K trophies but did not lose until now and other 3 bots who will be so pro but so pro that you're gonna swear they're hacking, and as the sum of the 4 players on both teams get about 5K throphies this means you're even and good to go. Be demoted with love, my dear, because this is actually balanced <3".

no avatar

forum_1201372

Apple (iOS)

Utah

Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:41 pm
Vadims11 wrote:

I agree with this. 100%.  The bottom line is that they make money off this concept and that’s why it won’t change. They want you to feel frustrated so you’ll upgrade your characters. They know that you’ll get frustrated to the point that you’ll say “if only I had a little more power”, then you give in, upgrade, and nothing changes. Because the concept of the game is team work, and their bots don’t understand that. They jump up and down on boxes while shooting at nothing and looking to the sky. Worthless!