Got any suggestions for Modern Combat Versus? Post them here!

CODM is out

Moderators: MVP, Moderator, Dev Team

no avatar

exorio

Windows PC

CODM is out

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:00 pm
And is playable on PC using Tencent Gameloop

but still, MCVS on its core is actually a far superior game. All the guns feels much better and has more impact. The characters are definitely far more interesting than the generic modern/futuristic warriors, and each have more personality. Performance wise, don't ask, since it runs on native Windows without any emulation or whatsoever, unlike CODM.

HOWEVER, the microtransactions and the progression on CODM, is definitely far acceptable than MCVS. Most of the items on the lootbox are pure cosmetics. Locking agents behind them, well that's like locking the whole idea of the game itself.

This is my only complain about MCVS. Seriously, I LOVE MCVS' core game, but really despised its microtransactions and progression system.

For skins, I can see MCVS wasn't created for skins in the first place, but GL manage to pull it off and implement it within the game on later stage. The possibility are endless, like per parts cosmetics (shoulder pads, knee pads, helmets, individual items), that can be exploited for microtransactions. But why GL decided locking the essential game behind lootboxes I have no idea. That's like shooting your own toe on purpose.

Also MCVS, again, at its core is far more simple (which translate better), easy to pick up and play.

For a juggernaut franchise, I'm not surprise I can find a match within a blink or two on CODM.

I'm still playing MCVS, since I've unlocked all agents (minus witch) just because the core game is THAT good. Please reconsider on how you would monetize on future updates. Or give us a sequel that iron out all these problems.
no avatar

loveeggs69

Windows PC

Re: CODM is out

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:20 pm
I think the cosmetics are pointless. But they could be made more interesting. For example if they were awarded for achievements - that would keep people playing. E.g. An emblem for getting a good kill ratio. Ratios would be good to award generally - a special jersey for getting more than 1 MVP per three matches, or more than 20% of kills by headshot. Etc
I am getting quite addicted and was considering finally buying VIP. But since visiting these forums I've noticed that the developers don't give an actual ****, so very sadly I think I'll find a new game where the Devs DO care about their players.
I have a bug to report and loads of suggestions to improve the game - but there's no point when the Devs don't even visit their own player's forum.
no avatar

DesPanther

Apple (iOS)

Re: CODM is out

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:59 am
Yea, CODM ruined this game for me.