Gameloft_Shaun

Community Manager

AnotherRandomFella wrote:
This is completely unrelated, but I would like to reset my game data in New Orleans, is this possible? This seemed to be the only way to reach you, I don't get replied to on twitter & Facebook & customer care.

Hi!

Is there any particular reason for this? You can let us know your in-game name and we can have it done for you. :)
Community Manager for Dungeon Hunter Champions & Gangstar New Orleans

no avatar

AnotherRandomFella

Hey shaun

the reason why I want to reset my progress is because I've completed almost every story mission and influence mission and I've gotten pretty much every mission that rewards gems / jars done. So far I haven't gotten any 4 star items. I mostly play the gangstar games for the cars and I haven't gotten 1 sports car. I feel like the jar system is slightly rigged but maybe it's just my luck. That's why I thought starting over was a better idea, means all the achievements get reset and I have a new go at all the jars while I lose all my old progress. But to be honest as of right now my account doesn't contain anything actually good. I just wanted the grosskatzen or the GZL XR but luck doesn't seem to be in my favor. So that's the reason I would like to start over. I'm really enjoying the game apart from the fact that I can't get anything I want from the premium jars & turf jars. I know it's not in your policy to give people free stuff but if it was possible, my account contains a 4 star sniper, I would love to trade that sniper in for a grosskatzen or a dirt series. But that's probably not possible. So just let me know what you can do for me Shaun, my in game name is RSA and my Game Center name is RSA1402. If you can't do that crazy idea where I trade my item from something else just reset my progress I guess! Thanks anyway, have a great day

Gameloft_Shaun

Community Manager

Hey shaun

the reason why I want to reset my progress is because I've completed almost every story mission and influence mission and I've gotten pretty much every mission that rewards gems / jars done. So far I haven't gotten any 4 star items. I mostly play the gangstar games for the cars and I haven't gotten 1 sports car. I feel like the jar system is slightly rigged but maybe it's just my luck. That's why I thought starting over was a better idea, means all the achievements get reset and I have a new go at all the jars while I lose all my old progress. But to be honest as of right now my account doesn't contain anything actually good. I just wanted the grosskatzen or the GZL XR but luck doesn't seem to be in my favor. So that's the reason I would like to start over. I'm really enjoying the game apart from the fact that I can't get anything I want from the premium jars & turf jars. I know it's not in your policy to give people free stuff but if it was possible, my account contains a 4 star sniper, I would love to trade that sniper in for a grosskatzen or a dirt series. But that's probably not possible. So just let me know what you can do for me Shaun, my in game name is RSA and my Game Center name is RSA1402. If you can't do that crazy idea where I trade my item from something else just reset my progress I guess! Thanks anyway, have a great day

Hi again!

Sad to say we won't be able to reset your profile or trade your items. There are a few things I can recommend though!  :)
  1. Have you tried playing events? They're pretty much the best way to acquire better items. The more you play, the better the rewards will be.
  2. Have you tried dismantling duplicate / unwanted items? They're likely to give you Jar pieces that will allow you to create more Jars thus giving you more chances of getting that exotic car!
  3. You can also purchase gems in the store to buy more Jars and hope for the best! The daily bundles are a good bang for your buck when it comes to Jars / Jar pieces.
Once again, sorry for the inconvenience but we will only be resetting profiles in certain situations. Hope you can understand  :')

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Have a great day.  :)

no avatar

AnotherRandomFella

Rant time

Is this actually serious or are you fooling around? This is the most useless customer care I have ever seen on any company. I finished 5th in the last event, oh wait I was supposed to be first but you changed the turf point rewards so my income went down by 600%. Guess what the people that didn't update to the latest version still get the old amount. So I lost my spot. Also I went down a league after reinstalling the app, from 3 to 2. Now of course I'm in league 3 again after a week off staying up late just to maintain my turfs. I opened 1 of the 4 star jars by literally dismantling every good item I could dismantle and I got a sniper, a 4 star sniper. How about you give us an actual choice? How about when you click a jar you can also click if you want a weapon or a vehicle. How about that Shaun? How about you listen to your f**king player base for once? I bet today's update will contain something insanely useful like 'improved Game Center support' just to make it seem like you're actually adding content instead of taking good features away. Your entire team is just biassed, that's what it seems like at least, you're listening to some inexperienced 12 year old kids that just want an online free roam mode. How about you actually select some people from the forums and have a good long talk with them. At least that's my idea on how not to go bankrupt. Gameloft isn't doing so well is it? Aren't these gamelofts last chances? Why did you release NOLA so early? It's not finished at all. This game as it is right now is a laughing stock. here another good idea: how about you make the gold currency or the dollar currency in game good for something else than just upgrading and buying useless clothes? How about making it possible you can buy every item in the game with the dollar currency? Let's say every day there's a different selection of a 1 star, 2 star, 3 star and a 4 star item and when you want one you can trade up one of your current 1,2,3 or 4 star items + an amount of money that fits the item you want (4 star being the most expensive) and actually giving everyone a chance at getting what they want INSTEAD OF LITERALLY TURNING A RIGGED LOTTO SYSTEM INTO THE ONLY WAY TO GET NEW ITEMS. it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a game. CAN YOU LISTEN TO THIS FEEDBACK FOR ONCE, THIS IS NOT A GANGSTAR GAME, I GET THE ENERGY SYSTEM, BUT THE JARS ARE JUST.. YOU WENT TOO FAR ON THAT ONE. listen to our / my feedback. This is not just what I want, this is what everyone wants. Everyone wants an easier way to get cool items, not just jar. Shaun sorry if I'm being rude but I'm fed up by the fact that the company, gameloft, that I used to love for everything they put out has turned into such a sad attempt at making money instead of satisfying their customers. The fact that I honestly do think I'll spend my money on this game but I can't even be certain if I'll get anything good shows how broken the item system is. I want a garantue that if I spend 50 of my hard earned euros I'll at least get 1 item I actually want. Can you make that happen Shaun? Or will you just read out the script gameloft had made for you? You're human aren't you? Because sometimes you people sound like robots. 

I'll be awaiting your reply.
no avatar

Mrbestapps

Apple (iOS)

Rant time

Is this actually serious or are you fooling around? This is the most useless customer care I have ever seen on any company. I finished 5th in the last event, oh wait I was supposed to be first but you changed the turf point rewards so my income went down by 600%. Guess what the people that didn't update to the latest version still get the old amount. So I lost my spot. Also I went down a league after reinstalling the app, from 3 to 2. Now of course I'm in league 3 again after a week off staying up late just to maintain my turfs. I opened 1 of the 4 star jars by literally dismantling every good item I could dismantle and I got a sniper, a 4 star sniper. How about you give us an actual choice? How about when you click a jar you can also click if you want a weapon or a vehicle. How about that Shaun? How about you listen to your f**king player base for once? I bet today's update will contain something insanely useful like 'improved Game Center support' just to make it seem like you're actually adding content instead of taking good features away. Your entire team is just biassed, that's what it seems like at least, you're listening to some inexperienced 12 year old kids that just want an online free roam mode. How about you actually select some people from the forums and have a good long talk with them. At least that's my idea on how not to go bankrupt. Gameloft isn't doing so well is it? Aren't these gamelofts last chances? Why did you release NOLA so early? It's not finished at all. This game as it is right now is a laughing stock. here another good idea: how about you make the gold currency or the dollar currency in game good for something else than just upgrading and buying useless clothes? How about making it possible you can buy every item in the game with the dollar currency? Let's say every day there's a different selection of a 1 star, 2 star, 3 star and a 4 star item and when you want one you can trade up one of your current 1,2,3 or 4 star items + an amount of money that fits the item you want (4 star being the most expensive) and actually giving everyone a chance at getting what they want INSTEAD OF LITERALLY TURNING A RIGGED LOTTO SYSTEM INTO THE ONLY WAY TO GET NEW ITEMS. it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a game. CAN YOU LISTEN TO THIS FEEDBACK FOR ONCE, THIS IS NOT A GANGSTAR GAME, I GET THE ENERGY SYSTEM, BUT THE JARS ARE JUST.. YOU WENT TOO FAR ON THAT ONE. listen to our / my feedback. This is not just what I want, this is what everyone wants. Everyone wants an easier way to get cool items, not just jar. Shaun sorry if I'm being rude but I'm fed up by the fact that the company, gameloft, that I used to love for everything they put out has turned into such a sad attempt at making money instead of satisfying their customers. The fact that I honestly do think I'll spend my money on this game but I can't even be certain if I'll get anything good shows how broken the item system is. I want a garantue that if I spend 50 of my hard earned euros I'll at least get 1 item I actually want. Can you make that happen Shaun? Or will you just read out the script gameloft had made for you? You're human aren't you? Because sometimes you people sound like robots. 

Unfortunately I have to agree with everything you said. I've stuck with gameloft for 5+ years and their support is terrible. They don't even listen to the community anymore. Once it took them 3 months to reply to an email. 3 freaking months. And all they replied with is that they couldn't help. What?

Gameloft_Shaun

Community Manager

Rant time

Hey Another,

First and foremost, I want to stress out that we're really sorry to hear that your experience with GNO hasn't been optimal. 

As stated on the launch screen, the game is still going through changes and tweaks to make it the best possible. I'm sorry that some of these changes have negatively impacted your results.

Regarding the Jar system :
Several Jars are available for purchase in GNO. By adding randomness to the equation, Jars are offering a different experience by adding an element of surprise. It also brings fairness as everyone has the same chance to get an item. 

That being said, I'm forwarding your feedback to the team. And I assure you that I'm 100% human and that our prime goal is to offer you the best open world on mobile, and the best gaming experience possible. 

As you can see, we're maintaining a heavy presence here in the forums but also on Social Media and other channels, with the goal to really interact and listen to the fans and have them with us in the endeavor of making GNO the best game possible :)  Proof is, I'm here right now   :)

Last but not least, if you need further assistance with the game, I invite you to check out our support website - and don't hesitate to forward me your Ticket ID so I can follow up and make sure this is treated as soon as possible. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with !

Cheers

no avatar

AnotherRandomFella

About the randomness of the jars

I get that you guys are trying to make it fair by giving everyone the same odds but I've opened 32 premium jars and 80 turf jars. I have gotten no 4 star items, that seems rigged to me. Why would I spend actual money on this game to open more jars when the results I've gotten so far aren't that great? Wouldn't it just be a waste of money? I  think adding a different way of getting items is a good way of keeping the player base happy.

Another suggestion: achievement rewards

maybe you could add actual items to the achievements? It would be great to for example have a mission where you must win 100 races on expert mode and it would reward you with a sports car. It doesn't have to be an exclusive car but it would motivate us players more to reach those goals. Good thing about those achievements: everyone can complete them, so it's fair.

the robot part
shaun the reason why I'm suggesting you're a robot is because I've had very unpleasant customer care with gameloft. I seem to have only gotten automated responses in the last few years, I do admire the fact that the gangstar New Orleans teams seems to have more time for their players and that you guys are actually trying to improve

The events 

the changes made to the event rewards were very noticeable in the last few days. This leads up to my next conclusion. The events aren't rewarding enough. Bring back top 10, top 20, top 30, top 40. Top 50 rewards. This way people try harder thus needing more energy thus buy gems sooner. That's profit. You're a company, you're all about profit. Adding exclusive items to the event rewards would be a good way of getting more people to try and win, that's my idea at least. 

Consider rewarding the people that are playing the game right now and actively giving feedback. I know it's going to be a while till the game releases but I think a lot of the people that have been active on the forums would love to see a special item in their inbox just as a thank you. This is not out of personal interest by the way. Even though I would gladly accept an exclusive item. I'm not talking about the pre register shirt. Shirts don't add stats, clothes don't add stats so they're useless apart from the fact that you can make yourself look cool.

please do consider actually forwarding my feedback to the team. I think some of my ideas have potential however some may not. I always try to be optimistic.
no avatar

Robin_Wolf

Strange but true, I pre-register, play it for a while now
But didnt receive anything

Gameloft_Shaun

Community Manager

Robin_Wolf wrote:
Strange but true, I pre-register, play it for a while now
But didnt receive anything

Hi Robin!

The rewards will be given once the game is globally launched  :D !

Have a great day!

no avatar

Al_Pal Alex (Mr. Mingo)

Can't Pre-Register

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:05 am
Dear Community Manager,
The Pre-registration website is not working. It's completely white except for the social media links and the thing that says what looks like a cut-off 'to explore in English. I would like some help ASAP. Also, I see that many people are complaining about the 'jar system' as I have not played the game yet I do not know what it is. If the jar system is successful there could be a chance of a timely reward system for people not opting to pay too much for the game. I am extremely excited for this game and would like to play it as soon as possible. (hopefully, it's a freemium :D)