no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Critical hit damage bonus errors

Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:08 am
Summary
A. There are compound errors in "critical hit damage bonus" numbers.
B. These errors have been evident for over 14 months.
C. In my opinion, it's time for an overall review and meaningful effective action to resolve these compound errors.

Extent of errors
These errors, relevant to the "critical hit damage bonus", extend to:
a. individual gear pieces (variability of base numbers), and
b. weapon screens (inconsistencies and/or omissions in display), and
c. reconciliation between the PvP pre-battle & current buff screens (different numbers displayed when they should be identical), and
d. omission of the critical hit damage bonus number (inherent) from the weapon summary screen (often this can be compared with the PvP current buffs screen and there is a difference or omission), and
e. the underlying mathematics (totals not being an accurate sum of the individual parts).

Further details
1. In my opinion, the players should not be doing this testing - this should be a job for Gameloft.
2. There are intermittent issues of consistency and basic continuity involved here - in my opinion, junior quality assurance resources (or anyone with an average eye for details) should be able to easily identify such occurrences (just by navigating around the game - i.e. no fancy auditing software required and no hundreds of hours playing the game required).
3. There are more examples of these types of errors than the two cited below - i.e. the entire situation (holistically) needs to be looked at, not just patches applied to resolve the specific weapon and/or gear examples cited.
4. If anyone needs further details and examples (other than the examples cited below) please reply in this thread and I will explain more.

References / examples

1. Recent weapon & gear set example
This thread has 7 screen pics and extensive description of a very recent example of every one of the above noted errors.
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=712034&p=4125380#p4125380

2. Weapon & gear set example from over a year ago
This thread has responses from Gameloft (a year ago) saying the issue was "hot fixed" but it's never been sorted out properly.
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=694007
viewtopic.php?f=2161&t=693941

Other somewhat related information

There are other historical (possibly somewhat related) examples, here's a selection.
viewtopic.php?f=2161&t=677641
viewtopic.php?f=2033&t=659311

Interesting post including a GM comment about weapon critical numbers not being known until the weapon is won.
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=701757&p=3988415#p3988415

This post is about critical immunity not working (but, if you think of this from the other side of the coin, it may have been critical damage not being dealt out by the weapon / gear combination as expected).
viewtopic.php?f=2161&t=684673

A post from Gameloft explaining the difference between "Critical hit bonus damage" and "Critical hit chance bonus".
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=683147&p=3740923#p3740923

Version of SF
The version of SF that I am using (at the time of posting) can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=2033&t=686365&p=4112214#p4112214

[Edit: Scope of post clarification.... To be absolutely clear: The crux of this post has nothing to do with the 'critical hit chance bonus'.]
Attachments
Screenshot_20210228-091054.png
Screenshot_20210228-091054.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 574 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Critical hit damage bonus errors

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:05 pm
Another example of this issue can be found in the following post:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=713250&p=4143214#p4143214

Comment: I have not gone through every possible gear part and weapon ccombination to find further examples of this issue. Thus issue is not difficult to reproduce - you will find this issue if you look for it. This issue needs to be reviewed holistically and systematically, in my opinion. Please see the original post (above on this thread) for further explanation.
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)