no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

I've seen on the Sniper Forum Facebook page where you have stated that the game progress rollback bug might be caused by excessive old SM's and to delete those old SM's.

I don't believe the progress rollback bug has to do with old SM's because I have 1350 SM's total and a progress rollback just occurred. Lost somewhere between 4-5 hours of game progress. What seems much more likely would be a server-side problem where the server is not updating the client's game progress and vice versa. A possible solution would be to create some timestamp conditional code on both the server and client and to check that timestamp. Example: If game == On and last client timestamp != server timestamp && timenow > X minutes then do Y. In plain English sync the server with the client based on timestamps and check at regular intervals to see if the server and client are out of sync.

Note: This bug has been occurring for at least 1 year and maybe 2 years. I believe this game rollback bug has happened to me personally around 15 times. This is the kind of major bug that makes people lose trust in the game and decide to quit playing the game. So you probably want to fix it as soon as you can.

Additionally, rebooting the game frequently does not always work to prevent significant game progress loss. I assume a game reboot resync's the server and client. On several occasions I have lost hours of game progress even when doing frequent game reboots.

Or another approach would be to check the client timestamp and if the client data timestamp is more recent then update the data on the server with the more recent client data.That would only work of course if the game progress data was stored locally and not transmitted to the server in real time.

Or even simpler > If the client cannot communicate with the server then display a client-side error message: Unable to communicate with the server. Please reboot the game. This would require a simple client-side countdown timer that checks the server connection at regular intervals. If this is data related then the appropriate data server would need to be pinged.
no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

This bug just happened again.  I lost 3 hours of game progress. I currently have a total of 1308 SM's. So obviously this bug has nothing to do with having old or excessive SM's. I've learned that instead of trying to regain all of your lost ground it is better to shutdown the game for the day and do something else. It is a very dismal experience redoing everything you had done for the last X number of hours. Better just to walk away from this crap.

Additionally I had rebooted the game an hour or so prior to this bug happening again. So this is definitely a problem on your end with your server not synching up client/server data correctly.

Edit: Looks like I only lost 1 hour. So 1 hour lost and 1 hour to get back where I was = 2 hour setback.
no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

This bug just happened again.  Lost 1 hour of game progress.  I hour lost = 2 hours to get back to where you were. Thanks.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

ED_AITpro wrote:
This bug just happened again.  Lost 1 hour of game progress.  I hour lost = 2 hours to get back to where you were. Thanks.

Its very bad over the past 24 hours on Android also. I've played 22 PvPs (with some consumables use) and only 2 of them were counted.

Some examples:

viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=709732&start=40#p4100602

... and read forward from this point in the thread...

viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=658934&start=790#p4100274

Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

This bug just happened again.  Lost .5 hour of game progress. I am rebooting the game very often now. ie every 30 minutes so that I don't waste excessive time getting back to where I was. Thanks

Note: Rebooting the game usually let's you know when the bug occurs. Although on several occaisons this bug happened after rebooting the game. ie rebooted several times and then hours later the game progress was rolled back hours.
no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

The rollback bug just happened again. Lost 2 hours of game progress. 2 hours lost = 4 hours to get back to 0. Thanks.

Note: When playing irritated about having to redo/retrace game progress or worried that the game progress rollback bug is going to happen any second I tend to lose my focus and then lose Rubies due to clicking on the Spec Ops Rush button bug. The bug where the Rush button does not display the actual cost of Rubies and instead displays no cost/free.
no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

The rollback bug just happened again. Lost 1 hour of game progress. 1 hour lost = 2 hours to get back to 0. Thanks.
no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

The rollback bug just happened again. Lost 1 hour of game progress. 1 hour lost = 2 hours to get back to 0.
Thank you
no avatar

qhdd2021

Apple (iOS)

yeah on IOS too. lost my daily quest , PVP , ops :((
no avatar

qhdd2021

Apple (iOS)

any solutions ? i delete 800 sms all 4-5* , problem still :(( cant play .