SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Boosts

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:29 am
DingoDave wrote:
added sleeping gas boost and boost did not work just deducted it from play

Known issue
This intermittent bug has been around for a long time - particularly in the Android version of the game. The post below (in this thread) contains a link to the latest post from Gameloft on this matter.

Bit of a speculative description
There was speculation some time ago that this was a lag issue - but also back when Battle Pass was introduced this issue seemed to get worse. So... When selecting the sleeping gas do not quickly hit the attack button immediately after. From former posts on this issue I recall that this was because the server may not have had a chance to register that sleeping gas was selected - therefore the match plays out like it was never selected in the first place.

Keep this in mind....
To compound this annoyance, the game has been a little slow of late, circa UPD42 (March/April 2020). Your report is coinciding with half the western world being told to stay at home during a global pandemic (meaning more people may be online playing SF). Internet connection speed, type and quality can have an impact here too in my experience.

Work around in a nutshell
After you select the boost, try waiting around 3 to 5 seconds before beginning the match.

Similar lag based bug - elsewhere in the game
A similar thing occurs with Spec Ops when adding drones or cards or the SMs - the game takes a moment (sometimes, in worst case scenarios, more than 5 seconds) to change the percentage chance of winning the Spec Op as you place in each component.
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Boosts

Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:05 am
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)