no avatar

Sparky83

Windows PC

Lost Weapon after event ended.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:12 pm
Posting this here to make sure GL fixes this issue... I swear whats the point in the description of the problem box on the CC form if theyre just going to send you an email requesting you "re-describe" the same issue you already stated on the CC form?? We'll see if they reply again... as i stated in my original message on the contact form i fell like ive been robbed after winning the event.. This isnt the first time ive lost weapons and the prior time was never resolved.. which the weapons i lost before i had purchased with rubies... this time it was the event weapon.... I hope they do better this time in getting this resolved... as im getting tired of losing things ive won or purchased.. 

Sent 10/12/19 - 10:09 AM.
What was the name of the event/quest that didn't give you rewards? 

Scarabs Bite was the event name  

What reward were you supposed to receive? 

Last Sunset RPG gun 

When did this happen? 

Yesterday afternoon when I logged back in. As stated before... I completed chapter 10 in the event Thursday night just before 6pm. Even got the popup saying the event was completed and weapon was added to my inventory. I still had it when I logged in prior to going to work yesterday morning. Then still had it when I logged in after work. But while I was watching the videos for the rubies and chests from Thursday night I got a popup saying the event has ended and the weapon was no longer available.  

Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [51122] Progress/Item Lost Issues - Lost certain in-game items 
### Do not reply below this line ###   
Gameloft Customer Care October 11, 2019, 19:09 +0000 
Hello,

Thanks for contacting Gameloft Customer Care.
This is an automated response to let you know that we've received your message. One of our agents will get back to you shortly.

You can see your Conversation ID in the bottom-right corner of this email.
Please note that creating multiple requests or re-submitting issues will lengthen the response time.

In order to speed up resolution of your case, please, consider providing as many details as possible.
What was the name of the event/quest that didn't give you rewards?
What reward were you supposed to receive?
When did this happen?

Have a good day!
Gameloft Customer Care  

Me 
October 11, 2019, 19:09 +0000 
I lost the recent Scarab's bite RPG event weapon. I completed chapter 10 in the event last night just before 6pm. Even got the popup saying the event was completed and weapon was added to my inventory. I still had it when I logged in prior to going to work this morning. Then still had it when I logged in after work. But while i was watching the videos for the rubies and chests from last night I got a popup saying the event has ended and the weapon was no longer available. I feel robbed after working to complete the event only to lose the weapon.

Please fix this...  From Gameloft Customer Care.Conversation ID: #51122
no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

Re: Lost Weapon after event ended.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:25 pm
Most likely what happened is the game progress rollback/reset bug.  What happens with this bug is your game progress can be reset back in time anywhere from 10 minutes to an entire day 24 hours. The bug occurs randomly and has been occurring for over a year now. The only thing you can do is to be aware of this bug and try to catch it when it happens by frequently closing and reopening the game.  Closing and reopening the game does not do anything besides make you aware that the bug has occurred so that you can scramble to make up all of your lost game progress.  ie spend X amount of hours that were lost and do everything all over again. Yeah it's brutal, but the alternative is that you permanently lose game progress, items, rewards, etc.  I have lost at least 20,000 Rubies and other items and of course hours and hours of game progress over the last year. One thing that is very frustrating is that let's say you set your Drones in your PvP base and do not close and reopen the game to check to make sure a game progress rollback/reset is not going to happen. The Drones you set will not be set when you open the game the next time. So the only thing you can do is plan ahead for this bug and try to catch it when it randomly happens.
no avatar

Sparky83

Windows PC

Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:23 am
ED_AITpro wrote:
Most likely what happened is the game progress rollback/reset bug.  What happens with this bug is your game progress can be reset back in time anywhere from 10 minutes to an entire day 24 hours. The bug occurs randomly and has been occurring for over a year now. The only thing you can do is to be aware of this bug and try to catch it when it happens by frequently closing and reopening the game.  Closing and reopening the game does not do anything besides make you aware that the bug has occurred so that you can scramble to make up all of your lost game progress.  ie spend X amount of hours that were lost and do everything all over again. Yeah it's brutal, but the alternative is that you permanently lose game progress, items, rewards, etc.  I have lost at least 20,000 Rubies and other items and of course hours and hours of game progress over the last year. One thing that is very frustrating is that let's say you set your Drones in your PvP base and do not close and reopen the game to check to make sure a game progress rollback/reset is not going to happen. The Drones you set will not be set when you open the game the next time. So the only thing you can do is plan ahead for this bug and try to catch it when it randomly happens.

unfortunately i had closed and reopened the game several times after "winning" the event and had won the even shortly after i logged in when i got home from work when day 10 started... and still showed completed... it was the following day when i was watching the videos for the rubies when it popped up saying it was no longer availabe... have been aware of that bug for awhile.. usually happens if ive left the game open for a couple hours and idling while ive wandered off to do other things, then return to play some more without resetting the game.. but that wasnt the case in this instance...

and as of today no response from GL customer care... pretty much like it was with the last set of weapons i lost after buying them with rubies... i never got those ones back either...
no avatar

Sparky83

Windows PC

Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:16 pm
been pretty much a week and still not heard back from them again... turning out just like the last time i lost weapons... no response from customer care..
no avatar

Sparky83

Windows PC

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:33 pm
Got a reply today.. but not what i wanted to hear..

Gameloft Customer Care
October 20, 2019, 15:20 +0000
Hello Shawn,
Thanks for the message.
Please note that I have checked our database and found out that you didn't finish the last event.
Unfortunately I can't offer you a compensation in this case.
Thanks for understanding.
Best wishes,
Valery

I did reply back again to them and this was my reply.

"Thing is I Did finish the event. Had the Congratulations popup come up after i finished the 10th chapter i always get after completing those events... it was the next day when I logged back in and was after watching the 3rd video reward for rubies it did the other popup saying the weapon was no longer available. which didnt make sense when i had the completion window the day before."

so will see if anything comes of this.. but i doubt it... im getting tired of losing weapons for whatever reason.. this isnt the first time its happened and getting tired of it tbh..
no avatar

TheNatural1974

Apple (iOS)

Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:01 pm
I played Code of the West this AM, all I had left was the final fight to win the weapon.  Now all are locked out, cannot play any of the event and I see a box that says queue.  Looks like it is stuck and cannot download.  This is sad and it appears to occur after an update.
no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:36 pm
hmm sometimes what happens is you have to replay the last mission (mission #5) again. That has happened to me a few times. You complete the last mission #5 and then the next time you try to play the next chapter it is locked out. So you have to replay the last mission #5 in the previous chapter in order to unlock the next chapter again.

On a funny note, the game is a lot like life.  ie you are cruising along all content and then out of nowhere a mugger jumps out of the bushes and robs you or you are driving along all content and then all of a sudden a semi-truck T-bones you and totals your car.  LOL