no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

Game progress resets and disconnects

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:29 pm
There is currently a problem with game progress resets and disconnects.  In the last 90 minutes I count 6 game progress resets and/or disconnects.  I have checked with other players in Global Chat and the problem is also occurring for them.  CC ticket ID: 34002

First occurrence:  8am PST|PDT
Last occurence: 10:20am PST|PDT
Frequency of problem:  approximately every 15 minutes all game progress is reset/lost and the game may also disconnect and reconnect.

It would be very much appreciated if someone at GL would let us know when this bug is fixed. Currently the game is not playable due to this bug. Please post a status update in this forum topic or notify players some other way when this bug is fixed.

Thank you
no avatar

Steven G

Windows PC

Re: Game progress resets and disconnects

Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 am
Has been an all day affair in Arena. Occurred once in DOM while setting missions. Had to restart by claiming 3 completed missions and then setting 3 new missions all over again. arena has been resetting and going back to previous settings. erases all gains and losses gained recently and on one occasion when I had 6 tickets when I started, I then got 10 when it reset. Also game crashed once and when it reset it gave me a ticket for watching an ad that I was not watching. PS...Would be nice if your fix would include a crash and reset when we lose points!

NickelKitten555

Windows PC

Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:23 am
There is a bug in sniper fury.  When they reset the battle log they roll things back this time they rolled it back about 5 hours.  Which means that any progress I made was lost.  I am so mad!  I lost 6 targets, all the rubies that I had both purchased and gathered from missions and the gold tokens and the star tokens.  This isn't the first time it happened to me on the last global hunt.
no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:39 pm
Yes, the GL server problem is still occurring randomly today.  What I recommend is that you only do 10-15 minutes of game play and then close and reopen the game. Yes, that is a pain in the neck, but the alternative is losing more than 10-15 minutes of game progress at a time.  Note:  PvP is not affected by the GL server problem. Any PvP matches that you play will not be lost each time the server loses its mind and resets your game progress.  GH, Missions, Spec Ops, etc - you will lose any/all progress each time the server craps out again.

Important Note: The significance of closing and reopening SF every 10-15 minutes is more of a benchmark method vs a server connectivity or computer connectivity thing.  ie you are setting a benchmark to mark where your last game progress was successfully synched with the crappy GL server so that you know you are not going to lose the last 10-15 minutes of game progress.  The CC help folks will probably tell you this is a connectivity problem with your ISP or computer (They have probably been told that by someone else).  That is not really accurate since the root problem is with the GL server itself.

This problem will continue to happen throughout the weekend since the Devs and server Admins typically do not work on weekends apparently.

In general, it is not really a good idea to completely trust the stability of the GL server.  I have gotten into the habit of closing and reopening the game every 30 minutes because I have lost 10,000's of Rubies and tons of other game progress things due to this crappy GL server problem that has been going on for somewhere around 8 months to a year randomly. So even when the game is functioning "normally" you should not trust that it is going to continue to function "normally" and get in the habit of closing and reopening the game every 30 minutes. The alternative is brutal and painful - the loss of many hours of game progress.

I quit playing the game for a month because I lost 8 hours of game progress, which took me 3 days to get back. Psychologically I could no longer enjoy the game because I was in constant worry that any progress I made was going to be reset randomly at any moment.
no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:30 pm
Wow! This is really bad. Worse than I have ever seen the problem before. I have been closing and reopening the game every 15 minutes for hours. That did not make any difference. I have lost all game progress from 9am to now 12:30pm. That is 3:30 hours of game progress lost and more importantly it shows that the problem is definitely on the GL server and not some sort of ISP or computer connectivity problem on my end. The server is literally going back in time hours at a time or the server is not updating game progress correctly or some other server problem.

At this point the only thing that you can play on the SF game is PvP matches since they are not affected by the GL server problem. All my PvP matches that I won since 9am this morning still count and are not reset back to this morning.  All new Spec Ops missions that I started are lost.  All my Global Hunt progress is lost.
no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:35 pm
Whoa!  This is new.  The game disconnected and reconnected and all my game progress is back again.  I have never seen that before when this problem occurs.  That is both great and worrying at the same time.  LOL

NickelKitten555

Windows PC

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:36 pm
The problem is caused when they reload the battle log. This has happened in the last global hunt which is the only time that I marathon play. I check the battle log when it happens and it is always empty. Game loft is the problem. Programmers that are leaving objects open and not killing when done, when they clear the battle log they end up rolling everything back. There is a procedural problem in there.
no avatar

ED_AITpro

Windows PC

Los Angeles CA

Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:08 pm
Actually the Battle Log is reset when the problem happens. So that is a result of the problem and not a cause of the problem. The problem has to do with game progress updating on the GL servers. Your local computer has a SF game player profile that is synced up with the GL server. The problem may even be something different altogether such as the Redundant Array of hard drives is fubar or servers are not communicating with each other correctly. I would find it hard to believe that only 1 server is handling serving data/game progress updating for all players and a server farm is most likely being used instead. You always want to have at least 1 fallback server to avoid catastrophic failures.
no avatar

micgp@yahoo.com

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:52 am
Sniper Fury on Android mobile phone.*half way through global hunt. phone went flat. recharged phone. now game won't load. error message says Sniper Fury keeps closing. What can i do ?

I've lost months of gameplay and almost a week of progress in global hunt, in fact the whole game itself.

This sent me on a convoluted journey through the web in efforts to contact gameloft.

After registering concerns through every means available, I have received ZERO replies and absolutely ZERO help from gameloft in any way.
no avatar

micgp@yahoo.com

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 am
Hello Daniel,

Thank you so much for your reply to my cry for help which was originally stated as:

"Sniper Fury on Android mobile phone.*half way through global hunt. phone went flat. recharged phone. now game won't load. error message says Sniper Fury keeps closing. What can i do ?"

Since receiving your message I have reinstalled the game, which I was initially reluctant to do so for fear of losing any game progress (especially having spent so much time making progress through the Global Hunt Event let alone months of gameplay).

Now that I have reinstalled the game, it seems to be working again but (of course ?) I stand to lose all progress in the Global Hunt Event on which I have spent many days ... having now only 1.5 hours (instead of 4 days) to hunt remaining 5 targets) and have been unable to collect daily rewards etc as I did not know my problem could be solved by simply reinstalling the game.

Again, thank you so much for your reply ... ufortunately the many days effort spent on Global Hunt seem to have been all for naught.