no avatar

Kevin M

Windows PC

Game Reset in Windows 10 Settings?

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:05 pm
To Reset in Windows Settings or Not to Reset?

I just noticed in Windows "Settings" under "Apps & Features" that Sniper Fury can be RESET under "Sniper Fury--Advanced Options." I did, however, click on RESET and a window pops up that says "This will permanently delete the app's data on this device, including your preferences and sign-in details", so I'm reluctant to do so. I'm guessing since I sign-in through my FB account that my progress will remain intact since it's backed up in the cloud? Does anyone know for sure what will happen or if it's even worth trying?

My SF has been crashing right at startup since Sep. 11. I contacted customer care and opened a support ticket. Went through the procedure of reinstalling the game (at least 6 times over the last 19 days) and I sent them crash/error reports (i've sent them rar files on two separate occasions, each archive containing 8 or so reports). There's also been times I had "failure to connect" right at crash for which I sent a screenshot.  The other day I actually got to log in and play for a couple of hours, but once I closed the game to reboot for whatever reason it's been back to crashing.

One thing that really irks me is it's been around 12 days since I've gotten any sort of response from them that the've recieved the crash files or whatnot--no communication from them whatsoever letting me know they're still on the case. I'm tempted to open another ticket for good measure.

I would really like to hear from someone from Gameloft, even if it's just to tell me they're on it...remain calm.  But any and all replies will be appreciated.

It's really too bad such a cool game has to have so many bugs. It's the only game I play and I do enjoy it so! I've been out of work for some time now otherwise I'd throw them some cash, especially if it would help get the game going and going strong for everyone.

Thank you for your time.

NinjaZXR

Windows PC

Re: Game Reset in Windows 10 Settings?

Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:43 am
I don't know what the reset would do, but you can uninstall and reinstall.
As long as you've connected to faceboook to save your progress before uninstalling.
Play through the tutorial till you can connect to facebook again,and overwrite the new saved game progress.
no avatar

Kevin M

Windows PC

Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:29 am
NInja...It won't open even after reinstall, which I've done numerous times.
no avatar

Kevin M

Windows PC

Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:40 pm
COME ON GAMELOFT!!!! ITS BEEN A MONTH SINCE I'VE BEEN ABLE TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW I'M GETTING ****!!!!!
no avatar

Deadserious

Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:58 pm
Have the same problem. Have opened a ticket, same generic reset advice issued by GL. I usually find I'm unable to connect on the weekend. Then by about Tuesday/Wednesday I may be able to connect if I'm lucky, then I get locked out all over again. Hate to be all doom and gloom but I've experienced this kind of rolling out updates without fixing major bugs and glitches before on older GL games. Which finally ruined and broke previously great games. GL doesn't seem to have the manpower and expertise to maintain and run these existing games. But due to their strangle hold on the limited windows market. More than likely by the time we all get so frustrated and stop playing. GL will have found another game and another way to poke our wallets with sticks until our cash falls out. Having said all that. I still want to get online and play. Broken game better than no game? Not sure.
no avatar

jonjkel

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:51 pm
Same problem, here. Open the game, loads, freezes and crashes. I think it's something to do with the username being corrupt. Gameloft, any ideas on how we can sort this out, spent way to much time on this game to start all over again. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling which has not changed a thing.
no avatar

williamholding

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:19 am
Depending on your setup and installed version of Windows, you have a few different ways to Windows 10 reset a laptop or desktop

First: Make Sure You Back Up
1. The Built-In Reset Option on Windows 10
2. Use the “Fresh Start” Option in Windows 10
3. Reinstall Using Windows Installation Media
4. Advanced Factory Reset Options

http://net-informations.com/q/mis/reset.html