Have you encountered an issue with the game or with your account? Let us know here.

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

Asphalt Xtreme worked fine this morning, but when I opened it just now, I got a connection error first, and then after relaunching, I got banned. 14 days, and my progress will be reset. At 45 cars and most of them maxed-out, that's...not good.

Needless to say, I have not cheated. I've been on these forums for quite some time, and my stance on cheating should be pretty clear.

I've reported the issue. My ticket ID is 13293377. See below for my full report. But what I'm really curious about is whether I'm the only one who got hit by this, or if it's another erroneous mass banning.
When opening Asphalt Xtreme just now, I got a connection error. So I force-quit the app, relaunched it, and that's when I got a dialog telling me I was banned for 14 days, and my progress would be reset.

The dialog claims I have made unautorized alterations to the game. This is not true.

I have more than 10 million credits, which may look suspicious, but this is simply due to the fact that I already had lots of cars prior to the update to version 1.4.0, and some of them fully upgraded. So when version 1.4.0 came out with all its new career and mastery rewards, I simply earned a lot of credits by doing those races and collecting the rewards. There was no cheating or hacking on my part.

Please lift the ban and reinstante my progress. I spent a lot of time getting all those cars and upgrading them. And I've been playing Asphalt games since Asphalt 6, and I have never modified any game files or cheated in any other way. Thanks!

PS: I cannot access anything in game at the moment, but if it helps, my Game Center profile name is "Running Bird", and last I checked, my user ID was "f42f8". 

(This is Asphalt Xtreme 1.4.0 on iOS.)
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Having over 10 millions in 1.4 is normal, credits inflated back to Asphalt 8 level. That should not be an issue.

(as I know Gameloft they will tell you to wait that 14 days and that if the system banned you then the system is right)
(I advise you to reinstall your phone's OS to get a new Android ID and reinstall the game, in case there is something which causes a flase flag ban and you are not aware of, it will get your account banned permanently after the 14 days passed and you played a little again)

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

I know the credits are normal, but I just can't think of anything else that might trigger their **** detector. Everything about my account is totally standard. It's on one device only, it's the only account on that device, and the device hasn't been restored from a backup or anything like that either. It's also not even ****.

Also, note that this isn't just a temporary ban — the dialog said they'd reset my progress. If they end up following through on that, there's no point in reinstalling anything, because I won't start over. If they take my account and all the effort I put into it away from me, I'll just be done with this game, and Gameloft in general.

After all, why would you spend time on collecting cars in a game that wipes out half a year of progress on a whim while falsely accusing you of being a cheater? I take that kind of thing personally. And for all the shortcomings previous Asphalt games had, at least I never had to deal with something like this before.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

I have never seen that dialog in my life. Would you mind uploading?

Well, I just lost my 42 cars account due to double mistake of 2 customer care agents, so I am in the same shoes as you...

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

quailstorm wrote:
I have never seen that dialog in my life. Would you mind uploading?

Glad to be of service — look for the part that mentions the penalty:

Full-size version: http://i.imgur.com/H8x3EnU.jpg

And the accusations are still false. There were no "alterations" on my end. It's irritating how matter-of-factly they state all of this when none of it is true.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Well, looks like you will really get reset. I have only seen reset message on unlocked account as popup.
You can try customer care, but it's been 1,5 years or more that they changed policy. They don't make mistakes banning people, according to them.
Maybe if it is a mass ban and multiple users are involved, you have higher chance.
no avatar

DCSRT8

Google Play (Android)

Hey, I'm in the same boat as well. I was banned on 3 May, and im still banned. Here's what was happened see if you find any similarities.

After updating the game, at first launch of it the game was stuck at that point where you get pop up. Like in my case there were two, one telling me that special projects will be back soon, and another one which explains like what are the new features of the update. Game was froze whilst these two pop ups where showing. So i had to force close the game and restart. Everything went fine after it, then i did some mastery series races, LTE, and MP races. Then i went on to pull some more MP races, however i received errors. I thought it might be a server issue, and then i went to check MP leaderboard, and I saw I was removed from it... I thought restarting the game might fix it, and then i received that shock. I was banned because my progress was reached using abnormal actions.

So I contacted the customer care and found that I was banned for 14 days. I wrote them lengthy emails, explaining them in every way possible that the ban is unjust, and how it might would have been triggered. But all I got in return was more accusations and they telling me to wait for 14 days. But why shall I wait and get punished for something I never did? I told them that the bump in cash and tokens was caused by the update itself, if that was it, but all I received was same generic reply again. And I found 2 more players who were band on 3 May, idk them personally but I saw them claiming that they were band.

So yeah we are not alone, also I'm on Android not IOS, but I believe that this new update has something to do with this ban.

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

DCSRT8 wrote:
Hey, I'm in the same boat as well.

Thanks for chiming in, DCSRT8! I remember getting a pop-up window deadlock of sorts after updating, but I was able to play for a much longer time before I got banned, so I didn't make a connection.

Anyway, yes, I think the possible reason can be narrowed down to either the **** detector not understanding how much stuff they gave us during the 1.4.0 conversion, or the connection issues. Then again, I've had recurring connection issues in Asphalt 8 for as long as I can remember, which means I often force-quit and relaunch Asphalt 8, and that never led to a ban there.

Is yours just a temporary time-out, or will they reset your progress as well?
no avatar

DCSRT8

Google Play (Android)

Running Bird wrote:
Is yours just a temporary time-out, or will they reset your progress as well?

Temporary, 14 days, though my banned message was different from yours. But I'm afraid my mp rank will get reset, I had over 2400+ points and 1st position. It took me ton of grinding to get there, +1 per win and -20 per loss, so if it resets then I'm dead hahaha... And the reason I say so that it might reset is because I was removed from the MP leaderboard. Though, my result in that free ride event of Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 was still there.

I think the anti-cheat system had failed to clear the conversion of progress as legit because of that very first freezing of game, so in second launch it labeled it suspicious, and after mp races I got banned. What makes me sad and hopeless is the replies I get from the customer care. What reply they gave you tho? Also what were your last actions when you were able to play?
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-05-04-03-03-19-187.jpeg
Screenshot_2017-05-04-03-03-19-187.jpeg (607.16 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

When you are banned your results automatically get hidden, but not removed. So you will be able to claim event rewards when you go back.
About MP, I dunno. In A8 temporary banned people got their rating reset to 1000. So probably here too.