Gabriel from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows Phone

Loading/Crash issues

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:52 am
Hi guys,
​    Please write on this topic if you have any loading or crashing issues and prevent opening various threads related to these issue. We can assure you that every single post of yours is checked. Also, here you will find the solutions for your issues :)
​Before going further and post please try to folow these basic steps to fix the issue:

1. Check if you have a strong and reliable internet connection.
​2. Close other apps before you start the game.
​3. Turn off the device for a couple minutes.
​4. Check if you have the latest game version.
​5.Make sure you have at least 400-500 MB free memory
6. Reinstall the game if you have your progress linked to MSN/Google+/Game Center.
no avatar

IbnMusa

Re: Client Unable to Load

Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:30 pm
Greetings,

The March of Empires client is refusing to load. It has been deteriorating since the MS Windows 10 Anniversary update. There has been a recent nVidia graphics driver update as well, and MS have tried (unsuccessfully) to fix the problems with the Anniversary update which causes a lot of computers to hang during the bot-up sequence, probably because of some driver conflicts.

On to the Gameloft problem. When trying to load the game, it reaches 4-5% and loses connection. On re-establishing connection with the "Try Again" button it will sometimes put on another percent before losing connection.

I am playing the game on a computer over ethernet. There is NO wireless involved. The client has been failing to load now for over 24 hours

I would have included the DxDiag printout but your software says: "The extension txt is not allowed"

It is now 9:30 am BST, I'll check this board in another 4 hours to see if there is any useful information about the problem

After deleting the app (March of Empires) and downloading a fresh copy, it patched successfully and now works. If anyone else has a problem with the client sticking, I would recommend this as a fix.
no avatar

Stogie_Deuce

Re: Loading/Crash issues

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:26 am
In 4 hours?, check the forum in a couple of weeks I think they check once or twice a month
no avatar

Covetous

Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:10 am
I reinstalled the game and now everytime I open the game is crashed at 68%

Gabriel from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows Phone

Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:48 am
Hi Covetous, could you tell us on what device are you playing ? If you play on pc/tablet could you try to open the game in full screen ?
no avatar

Gimalaev

Windows PC

Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:15 pm
i have problems too, like many user wrote your at windows store. game dont loading at windows 10 aneversary. loading stoped at 71%. i used PC with lan conection and game dosnt work. at windows phone 8 with wi-fi connection all is good.
i try start game at full screen, its not help.

screenshot https://yadi.sk/i/dZqz36xAx2u5Q

Gabriel from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows Phone

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:37 am
Hi Gimalaev, if you already have the game linked to another device could you try uninstalling the game? After uninstall finished press Win key+R and type "wsreset" wait till it finishes and the Store window will open and after that install the game again. When the game starts put it in full screen. If this doesn't work please contact Customer Care from in game options. :)
no avatar

Gimalaev

Windows PC

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:54 am
i do it, and game still doesnt work. this problem is not at users side, your client doesnt work on windows 10 aneversary. look to comments on windows store.

Gabriel from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows Phone

Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:06 am
Hi guys ! Our team found a solution for this loading/crash issues :) We will keep you informed with the progress :) Thank you for patience.
no avatar

MORDOK

Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:37 pm
waiting !!