Found a bug or an issue? Report it here.
no avatar

Dgrensky92

Junior Member

Apple (iOS)
Posts

7

The character limit

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:24 am
The character limit is a massive bug/problem. We don't want it! Get rid of it if you want to keep players that spend money. With the limit there is now no point buying characters you can't even use!
User avatar

Harry Hook

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

529

Re: The character limit

Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:16 pm
The character limit is here for a reason. That is for new land. Players have been wanting land since so long. If they did not have the character limit then the devices would be slow with constant crashing and freezing. Just be patient they might raise it a little more but not more than 100.
no avatar

Burlyman

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

163

Re: The character limit

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:28 pm
Dgrensky92 wrote:
The character limit is a massive bug/problem. We don't want it! Get rid of it if you want to keep players that spend money. With the limit there is now no point buying characters you can't even use!


There is nothing wrong with the 75 character limit.  You can play DMK perfectly fine with it in place.  Now we have to pay attention to what we do in our quests.  We did not have to before.  But now that players have to watch what they do, etc, it is a big "problem."

There is no reason why a player can not play, level characters, and even advance story lines with this in place.  It is the player that can not work with it.
no avatar

liloope

Junior Member

Windows PC
Posts

20

Re: The character limit

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:02 am
Harry Hook wrote:
The character limit is here for a reason. That is for new land. Players have been wanting land since so long. If they did not have the character limit then the devices would be slow with constant crashing and freezing. Just be patient they might raise it a little more but not more than 100.

No, there is other ways to expand lands without limiting characters to home. This is just a poorly thought out way of implimenting it. Most games institute options to swap to another zoned part of the map when adding sections. Its not a hard thing to do. They just add a clickable portal to enter the next section of the map. They could take their existing sections and break them in half, too ... create 2 "zones" from one map and a 3rd "new" zone. This would allow players to zone their characters into the sections, which makes sense. I don't really want my characters from Pirates walking around my Winnie the Pooh section on the opposite side of the map, but they do. Zoning fixes that too .... AND doesn't limit characters.

Again, Character Limit is the WORST IDEA EVER.
no avatar

liloope

Junior Member

Windows PC
Posts

20

Re: The character limit

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:07 am
Burlyman wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the 75 character limit.  You can play DMK perfectly fine with it in place.  Now we have to pay attention to what we do in our quests.  We did not have to before.  But now that players have to watch what they do, etc, it is a big "problem."

There is no reason why a player can not play, level characters, and even advance story lines with this in place.  It is the player that can not work with it.

This is not true. You can't play DMK perfectly find with it in place. My daughter is distraught and has lost ALL INTEREST in it since her characters were locked away at home. She's 3 and looked forward to earning rewards. A 3 year old that can read and recognize words because I used it as a reward system for her to work towards ... only for Gameloft to take it away. Do you think my daughter liked the game for click stuff? No. She liked it because she would spend her 30 minutes of screen time watching them roam around. When other kids are spending 4 hours watching cartoons and staring at blue screens, my daughter spends this time learning to read, using her imagination with disney figures, then 30 minutes of visiting them in action on the game.

CHARACTER LIMITS DO AFFECT GAME PLAY! Just because its not your style of play doesn't mean its not a type of gameplay.
no avatar

PitifulPlayers

Junior Member

Windows PC
Posts

15

Re: The character limit

Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:21 am
liloope wrote:
Burlyman wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the 75 character limit.  You can play DMK perfectly fine with it in place.  Now we have to pay attention to what we do in our quests.  We did not have to before.  But now that players have to watch what they do, etc, it is a big "problem."

There is no reason why a player can not play, level characters, and even advance story lines with this in place.  It is the player that can not work with it.

This is not true. You can't play DMK perfectly find with it in place. My daughter is distraught and has lost ALL INTEREST in it since her characters were locked away at home. She's 3 and looked forward to earning rewards. A 3 year old that can read and recognize words because I used it as a reward system for her to work towards ... only for Gameloft to take it away. Do you think my daughter liked the game for click stuff? No. She liked it because she would spend her 30 minutes of screen time watching them roam around. When other kids are spending 4 hours watching cartoons and staring at blue screens, my daughter spends this time learning to read, using her imagination with disney figures, then 30 minutes of visiting them in action on the game.

CHARACTER LIMITS DO AFFECT GAME PLAY! Just because its not your style of play doesn't mean its not a type of gameplay.


You are trying to tell us that a 3 year "lost interest" in the game and "look forward to earning rewards"?  she only acted that way because you are the one that acted i a way and the child is repeating what you are doing.  She probably is just as addicted to somthing on television.  And she act the way that you claim when y\ou turn it off?   

How is wathcing a pc or phone screen for 30 minutes good for a 3 year old?  Just what are they learning?   Just what is she "reading" when she is watching the characters wandering around on the screen?  She can do all that you claim about reading, etc, by actually reading a book or more.  She does not need to be playing a game to do that.  She can use her imagination in more ways than just watching a screen.

Somehow, I, and others, have been playing the game with the 75 character limit for days now.  People come up with excuse after excuse as to why they can not.  It is getting old.  And I have a good feeling you will come up with others to justify your tantrum.  

Let your child use her imagination with other things.  If she likes Disney characters there are books, dolls, etc that she can use with the parents, to use her imagination.  And not be glued to a "blue screen" that you say you not want her to.  But you are doing just that having her looking at a screen while you play the game.  Not her.
no avatar

mienenlos

Junior Member

Google Play (Android)
Posts

1

Re: The character limit

Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:19 pm
Hello fellow playmates, hello dear people at gameloft!

Me and my wife played a few days now since the character limit. At first we were quite angry, because we (like many others) spent money to get chars, now "sitting at home" only generating a small amount of that oh so very important stuff "magic" - now we just want to find a way to make an arrangement more agreable for both players and the game makers.

First of all it would be nice to get an explanation WHY this was implemented. Some say itwas for performance (too many chars running around is hard for some devices), some say it was for more tactical background. For we don't understand the official definition "we got more land" - because what leads from one to the other?

But we won't just complain ... some talked about similar games which have several different areas to keep the device load smal (if this was the reason), but I'm not sure how complicated it would be to do this.

Biggest problem now is the speed of generating magic. Maybe it would be possible to let chars put out more of this, the longer they stay at home. Which leads to even more tactical depth when you have to think about sending a char back to the kingdom or not.

So please all of you!
Players ... talk about what you think, but try to explain why you don't feel comfortable with the limit and give input how to adjust it.
Staff ... explain the reasons for the limit and think about that so many people won't buy characters any more, as long as this limit just stays as it is, noone buys them just to let them sit at home.

To be honest, our first reaction was: "I want my money back!"
But that would not be satisfying in the end (even if this would be possible), because we love this game quite much and we just want to get "cosy" with it again.

Thanks for your attention!
Kind regards - Roger and Kitty
no avatar

liloope

Junior Member

Windows PC
Posts

20

Re: The character limit

Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:51 pm
PitifulPlayers wrote:
liloope wrote:
Burlyman wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the 75 character limit.  You can play DMK perfectly fine with it in place.  Now we have to pay attention to what we do in our quests.  We did not have to before.  But now that players have to watch what they do, etc, it is a big "problem."

There is no reason why a player can not play, level characters, and even advance story lines with this in place.  It is the player that can not work with it.

This is not true. You can't play DMK perfectly find with it in place. My daughter is distraught and has lost ALL INTEREST in it since her characters were locked away at home. She's 3 and looked forward to earning rewards. A 3 year old that can read and recognize words because I used it as a reward system for her to work towards ... only for Gameloft to take it away. Do you think my daughter liked the game for click stuff? No. She liked it because she would spend her 30 minutes of screen time watching them roam around. When other kids are spending 4 hours watching cartoons and staring at blue screens, my daughter spends this time learning to read, using her imagination with disney figures, then 30 minutes of visiting them in action on the game.

CHARACTER LIMITS DO AFFECT GAME PLAY! Just because its not your style of play doesn't mean its not a type of gameplay.


You are trying to tell us that a 3 year "lost interest" in the game and "look forward to earning rewards"?  she only acted that way because you are the one that acted i a way and the child is repeating what you are doing.  She probably is just as addicted to somthing on television.  And she act the way that you claim when y\ou turn it off?   

How is wathcing a pc or phone screen for 30 minutes good for a 3 year old?  Just what are they learning?   Just what is she "reading" when she is watching the characters wandering around on the screen?  She can do all that you claim about reading, etc, by actually reading a book or more.  She does not need to be playing a game to do that.  She can use her imagination in more ways than just watching a screen.

Somehow, I, and others, have been playing the game with the 75 character limit for days now.  People come up with excuse after excuse as to why they can not.  It is getting old.  And I have a good feeling you will come up with others to justify your tantrum.  

Let your child use her imagination with other things.  If she likes Disney characters there are books, dolls, etc that she can use with the parents, to use her imagination.  And not be glued to a "blue screen" that you say you not want her to.  But you are doing just that having her looking at a screen while you play the game.  Not her.

Rule #1 for not my child's parent is don't pretend like you know what is good for their child when you don't know my child.

Rule #2 for not my child's parent is don't criticize my parenting when you don't know my child's capabilities and you don't my parenting.

First of all, you're displaying your arrogance to assume to know how I acted. Don't project your own shortcomings on me or my child. My child is her own person and responded in her own way to discovering her characters had to be put away. Even when I told her it was okay, she still did not think it was okay. As a good parent, I tried to help her understand it, not to think she did anything wrong, and that it was the game maker trying to give her new things later ... to make it better! She still did not like it ... but I shouldn't have to explain that to you since you should NOT be assuming how my child or I handled the situation. SHAME ON YOU for being arrogant enough to assume that; because that is what it is: arrogance.

Looking at a computer screen for 30 minutes ... with blue screen filter turned on ... does no damage to the child. In fact, I have been teaching her the importance of technology and complex thinking by helping her learn how to "take care" her characters. When a child can start learning cause and effect, responsibility, and actually enjoys it, that is to be encouraged, not diminished. Our future will be inundated with technology. Teaching, but limiting overexposure to technology, teaching personal responsibility, and instilling a work ethic in a child leads to higher performance and success into adulthood. Research supports this ... so your opinion frankly doesn't matter. Nor do I need to explain to you how my child gets all the necessary instruction while getting "play time".

Third, you apparently know nothing about "blue screens" if you think I am too **** to know how to turn on a blue screen filter on my PC monitor. Let me help you ... on a Windows PC, you go to the bottom right notification icon and turn on "night light". Surprise ... stop assuming you know things when apparently you didn't. As a well researched Science professor, former computer hardware and software tech, a certified Reading teacher, and having the best parents in the world (my opinion, but I don't really care about anyone elses in that regard) ... frankly, get lost.

Finally, I could care less if you and "others" get along fine with only 75 characters. That is YOUR opinion. As far as the others, I wouldn't mind discussing it with them ... but you've already shown yours isn't important. You've dismissed others opinions just as much as everyone else should now dismiss yours ... because since the moment you created your name, you have only approached the entire discussion as dismissive and condesending of your target audience. For that, again, get lost.
User avatar

Harry Hook

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

529

Re: The character limit

Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:15 am
Everyone has their own opinion and reaction to every thing. I like snakes some people don't. Some people are okay with the character limit and some are not. That does not mean that you fight over it and do what you are doing now. Respect others opinions and they will respect yours. I have less than 75 characters so I am okay with it. Actually I still keep characters that don't collect tokens home so I can manage everything in 10-15 minutes. Burlyman I see that you are also comfortable with the limit. liloope I am sorry that your child is facing this. I hope that they increase the limit till at least 100 so that everyone is happy.
Also please keep the Forums peaceful.
Thank you.
no avatar

stas_xpulse

Junior Member

Apple (iOS)
Posts

4

Re: The character limit

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:06 am
Maybe it is a good option, but I like game without limit for heroes