Found a bug or an issue? Report it here.

Harry Hook

Veteran

Windows PC

No ads since Update 44

Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:08 am
Hi Joy, a lot of people including me do not get ads since update 44 and there is a post in the general discussions section too. I am on Windows so do I need to opt-in. If yes then how?
Also I got 100 gems as a gift any idea for what because I don't know why. 

Thanks.
Edit: The gems were compensation for not recieving an answer to one of my tickets that was long forgotten. Thank you!!!
no avatar

novanurse57

Windows PC

Re: No ads since Update 44

Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:18 pm
I too have windows with the same problem.  I reviewed the video Natalie put out and she only mentions IOS formats needing to opt in.I just got my ads back and now they are gone again.  thanks for any help!
no avatar

novanurse57

Windows PC

Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:31 pm
here is what gameloft initially sent me the last time I had a problem with the ads.  Might help others.  Did not work for me, the ads just reappeared when the better be wary event started.
Thank you for your message.

Could you please try the following steps:

- Close the app and relaunch it.

- Power off and restart your device.

- Check that your device storage is not full. Make sure you have several GBs available.

- Try an alternate connection method. Switch from wired to Wi-Fi or vice versa. Try a neighbor's Wi-Fi (with permission), preferably one with a different Internet service provider.

- Sometimes firewall software might prevent you from connecting. You can see if the issue is caused by a firewall by turning it off temporarily.

- Sometimes antivirus or malware-prevention software might keep you from connecting. You can see if the issue is caused by antivirus and malware-prevention software by turning it off temporarily.

Should the issue persist, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Your game progress at level 40 will be restored as soon as you log into the Facebook/Microsoft  account your game profile was previously linked to.

Harry Hook

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:38 pm
novanurse57 wrote:
here is what gameloft initially sent me the last time I had a problem with the ads.  Might help others.  Did not work for me, the ads just reappeared when the better be wary event started.
Thank you for your message.

Could you please try the following steps:

- Close the app and relaunch it.

- Power off and restart your device.

- Check that your device storage is not full. Make sure you have several GBs available.

- Try an alternate connection method. Switch from wired to Wi-Fi or vice versa. Try a neighbor's Wi-Fi (with permission), preferably one with a different Internet service provider.

- Sometimes firewall software might prevent you from connecting. You can see if the issue is caused by a firewall by turning it off temporarily.

- Sometimes antivirus or malware-prevention software might keep you from connecting. You can see if the issue is caused by antivirus and malware-prevention software by turning it off temporarily.

Should the issue persist, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Your game progress at level 40 will be restored as soon as you log into the Facebook/Microsoft  account your game profile was previously linked to.

I have tried these before. Nothing worked except restarting the game in Update 43 but even that doesn't help now.
no avatar

novanurse57

Windows PC

Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:32 pm
my adds returned at 1200 my time. I usually get them at 2000. I don't know whether these are today's or yesterday's. hope everyone gets their's back soon.
no avatar

Burlyman

Windows PC

Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:34 pm
It is a known issue and they have been working on it.

I get ads on my Windows 10 and Android phone. And have read that people are getting them under iOS now as well.

Harry Hook

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:06 am
They now work but only one ad for gems. Is that normal?

Duffybearfan

Apple (iOS)

Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:04 am
I am not getting the ads for the 2 gems and I am also not get the video for the free chest daily.  Have 14 gb available out of 32 gb.  I have cleared everything.  Only thing I am not willing to do is delete my game.  I don’t trust that it will come back fully functional.  I am connected with GameCenter playing on an Apple IPad mini 2.  Have not sent in a help ticket.
no avatar

Burlyman

Windows PC

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:19 am
They have been having problems with ads lately for all platforms. They work for some and not others. Then work and not work.

Have heard that they have been looking into it.

It not hurt to contact Customer Care and get a ticket. It might be more than just a problem at their end.

You never know.
no avatar

Jan Egil Draegni

Windows PC

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:58 pm
Wacky Lunch Chests have disappeared from my kingdom!